Easy and Healthy Recipe for Chicken and Vegetable Crepes
Preparing chicken and vegetable crepes is very simple. This recipe is very complete from a nutritional point of view. It contains a high amount of proteins and antioxidants that will cover your daily requirements, and, in turn, improve your overall health.
For this reason, it’s a great option to regularly include in the diet, as long you ensure a varied and balanced diet overall.
How to prepare chicken and vegetable crepes
If you want to prepare an exquisite recipe for chicken and vegetable crepes, you will need the following products:
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons of wheat flour
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons light cream
- 1/2 cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 2 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 2 wheat flour tortillas
- 1/2 green zucchini cut into strips
- 1/2 yellow zucchini cut into strips
- 45 grams (nearly 2 oz) of broccoli
- First, you need to make the dough. To do this, place the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat until it melts.
- Then, add the wheat flour and mix everything very well.
- Add the milk until it boils and stir until it thickens.
- Then, add the finely chopped vegetables to the frying pan and cook for 3 minutes. After that, add the cream and cook for another minute.
- After this time, add the cooked and shredded chicken, cooking them for 2 minutes.
- Once this step is over, the only thing left to do is to fill the crepes. Simply place a crepe on the plate and add a portion of the chicken and vegetables.
- Add the cheese and a lettuce leaf on top.
- To finish, close up the crepe and ensure the filling doesn’t come out, and that’s it!
Don’t forget that you can always leave out the béchamel sauce if you want a lighter option. In this case, just carry out the step where you sauté the vegetables with the chicken.
Another great recipe: How to Prepare Chicken Piccata
Benefits of chicken and vegetable crepes
Chicken and vegetable crepes bring a number of health benefits when introduced regularly into the diet. First of all, it should be noted that they’re a source of high biological value proteins. These elements have proven to be fundamental in helping to prevent the development of complex pathologies that affect lean mass, such as sarcopenia.
In addition to this, they contain high-quality phytochemicals from vegetables. These compounds have a high antioxidant power. They’re able to neutralize the formation of free radicals and their subsequent accumulation in the body’s tissues.
As a result, you can reduce the incidence of many chronic diseases, such as cardiovascular diseases. This is evidenced by a study published in the European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry.
However, we mustn’t forget that it’s quite high in calories, and also high in carbohydrates. These elements are essential when performing high-intensity physical exercise. In fact, a daily intake of 10 grams of carbohydrates per kilogram of body weight per day may be required for elite trainers and competitors, according to research published in Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition and Metabolic Care.
You may also be interested in: Easy and Delicious Chicken in Black Sauce Recipe that Everyone Will Love
Prepare homemade chicken and vegetable crepes
As you’ve seen, preparing homemade chicken and vegetable crepes is really easy. It won’t take you long to achieve a fantastic result. As for the batter, you also have the option of making it at home, depending on individual tastes. You can even find prepared ones in the supermarket that only need to be mixed with water and then cooked in the pan.
Finally, keep in mind that we should include vegetables in our diets on a regular basis to ensure good overall health over the years.It might interest you...