Easy and Delicious Chicken in Black Sauce Recipe that Everyone Will Love
Chicken in black sauce is an excellent recipe with a high protein content and exquisite organoleptic characteristics. It’s ideal to bring variety to the diet, thus ensuring an optimal supply of nutrients.
It’s also easy to prepare, and so, in a few minutes, you’ll get a dish that will delight everyone who tries it. Don’t miss out on how to make the most of it.
How to prepare chicken in black sauce
If you want to prepare an exquisite chicken in black sauce, you’re going to need the following ingredients:
- 1.6 kilograms (3.5 pounds) of chicken
- 100 milliliters of corn oil
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 medium onions
- 2 tablespoons Worcester sauce
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 4 sweet peppers
- 200 milliliters of white wine
- 1 stock cube
- 1 pinch of salt
- Cut the chicken into small pieces.
- For maximum flavor, season with salt, pepper, Worcester sauce, mustard, and the crushed garlic cloves.
- Chop the onion as finely as possible, along with the sweet peppers.
- Take a saucepan and heat the oil over medium heat.
- When the oil has reached the correct temperature, add the sugar. Wait until it turns a dark color.
- At this moment, add the pieces of meat and fry them until they’re completely browned. To do this, it’s advisable to lower the heat. If not, the chicken could burn and spoil the recipe.
- Next, add the onion and the chili peppers and stir well with a wooden spoon.
- Add the wine along with the broth. It would also be possible to use water as the main liquid; this will depend on each person’s taste.
- Cook it over low heat until the meat is very tender.
- You can add a little more salt, if necessary.
- After a few minutes, the chicken in black sauce is ready to be served. It’s best served with white rice or cheese, although you could also prepare a salad to provide more vitamins and antioxidants.
Another great chicken recipe: Columbian Rice with Chicken: Healthy, Tasty and Economical
Benefits of chicken in black sauce
The first thing to note is the presence of a considerable amount of protein in the chicken in black sauce recipe. This nutrient has proven to be capable of preventing the onset of diseases that affect lean mass, as is the case of sarcopenia. They usually occur in adults over 40 years of age and greatly impair the functionality of the person.
On the other hand, it should be noted the antioxidant content of wine. When cooked, the alcohol, which is the toxic part, has evaporated. However, many phytonutrients capable of neutralizing the formation of free radicals and their subsequent accumulation in the body’s tissues remain. This effect is related to a lower risk of disease, as stated in a study published in the European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry.
Another great recipe to try: Chicken and Rice Marinated in Coconut Milk
Prepare this chicken in black sauce recipe
As you have seen, it’s very easy to prepare an exquisite chicken in black sauce recipe. It’s a different way of consuming this versatile, nutritionally dense meat.
It isn’t low-calorie, but this is fine as long as it’s introduced in the context of a varied and balanced diet. After all, the aim is to avoid deficits in essential nutrients and to provide tasty food.It might interest you...