Chicken and Rice Marinated in Coconut Milk
Chicken is a versatile ingredient that’s ideal for marinating. Combined with coconut milk and rice, marinated chicken makes a complete, balanced, and delicious dish, with a tropical touch that you’ll love.
Marinating meat before cooking is a healthy way of preparing it. It allows you to better conserve the nutrients and adds new flavors to the meat. Marinated chicken is no exception. The marinade gives it a more intense flavor and turns it into a healthier meat.
How to prepare chicken and rice marinated with coconut milk
Marinating is a common cooking technique, especially used for meats, which amplifies the flavor and nutritional value of the meat. Depending on the type of meat, you can marinate it with different ingredients, although, in general, you can use the spices you like the most, searching for the best flavor for your dish.
The only thing you need to keep in mind is to leave enough time for marinating. We recommend leaving it to marinate at least one whole night so that the meat is infused with all the flavors. However, after at least two hours you can enjoy the new flavors from your marinade.
You might be interested in: The Best Shakes that May Help You Lose Weight
Tricks to give it a special flavor
Add hot sauce
You’ll love the flavor of dressing the chicken with hot sauce, as long as you don’t mind the extra intensity. It contrasts with the flavor of the dish without effort.
You can use dried nuts to vary the texture. Add chopped dried nuts like almonds, pistachios, walnuts, or peanuts to give it a salty, crunchy texture.
You might be interested in: Did You Know that Dried Fruit and Nuts can Help you Lose Weight?
Chicken and rice marinated in coconut milk recipe
Ingredients for marinated chicken
- 3 skinless chicken breasts (700 g)
- 1 onion (100 g)
- 2 cloves of garlic without skin (35 g)
- 1 lemon (60 g)
- 1 cayenne flower (5 g)
- 2 cups of coconut milk (500 mL)
- 1 pinch of paprika (5 g)
- 1 pinch of ground cumin (5 g)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 mL)
- 1 pinch of cilantro (5 g)
- 1 pinch of fennel (5 g)
- 2 pinches of ground black pepper (10 g)
- 1/2 cup of crushed tomato (125 mL)
- 1 cup of white rice (120 g)
- 2 pinches of salt (10 g)
- 1/2 cup of vegetable stock (125 mL)
- 1 pinch of grated ginger (5 g)
- Clean, rinse, and cut up the chicken breasts.
- Then, in a medium bowl, place the pieces of chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add the following ingredients: lemon zest and juice, crushed cayenne, and grated ginger. Mix well and refrigerate for at least 40 minutes.
- Next, Finely chop the onion and garlic cloves.
- In a frying pan with olive oil, heat and brown the onion and garlic.
- Add the chicken, raise the heat, and brown the chicken too. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the spices, pour in the crushed tomatoes and let it cook while stirring.
- Now, it’s time to add the white rice and continue stirring for 2 minutes before adding the coconut milk and vegetable stock.
- Put on low heat, cover, and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Finally, pay attention to the broth. The rice may dry the stew a little; if this happens, pour a little more water and let it simmer for a few minutes until it is just right.
Enjoy this delicious meal!It might interest you...