Eight Ways to Fall Back in Love with Your Partner
There are several reasons why a relationship may fail. That’s why it’s important to find ways to fall back in love to prevent a breakup if you truly care about each other.
Reinventing oneself implies changing the current attitude and giving a new meaning to the relationship. This requires commitment, understanding, and love. Also, there must be openness, since it’ll allow you to rethink those beliefs that cause problems.
It isn’t a simple task to fall back in love. In fact, it requires both of you to look objectively at the problem and solve it as a team. This is sometimes difficult because the emotional charge around the conflict can rekindle resentments.
It isn’t impossible, and here’s how you can do it.
Tips to fall back in love
You have to first consider if you want to continue with a relationship when you’re no longer attracted to that person, be it physically or intellectually. Is there good communication, fun, complicity, and passion?
If the answer is “no,” you must rethink your relationship. Here are some guidelines to do so.
1. Identify the problem
First of all, you must both recognize that the relationship isn’t thriving and talk about it. It’s important to identify what the problem is to solve it.
This requires that both of you express your thoughts and feelings about the relationship, and then look for alternatives that’ll allow you to fall back in love.
The most common problems tend to be lack of communication, zero closeness and intimacy, few shared tastes, and overall sexual decline. Identifying the source of the conflicts will help you determine what you really need.
2. Spent time together, just the two of you
Commit to spending some time together, just yourselves, at least one day a week. This is because working extra hours, dealing with children and other duties prevent couples from finding an exclusive time for themselves, and this often leads to estrangement.
This is your case? Then, schedule a time every week to be together, just the two of you. Plan a romantic dinner, watch a movie, go visit new places, or just talk. Stick to the plan once you schedule it and make it a habit.
3. Sign up for new activities you can do as a couple
Identify the activities you both like and undertake them together, you might want to dance or cook or do yoga or learn a language or… Ideally, both of you should care about the activity to really enjoy it while you’re in each other’s company. You may not be aware of it but sharing common interests strengthens the bond and fosters confidence.
4. Fall back in love by being thoughtful
Sweet little details are a way of showing affection. These aren’t only about material gifts, but also small actions that make you both grateful to be with one another.
For example, you can treat them to breakfast in bed.
It’s important to identify those things that make your partner happy. The importance of the little details lies in those that can consolidate the bond, even during times of crisis.
5. Do fun activities
The psychologist and psychiatrist José Díaz Morfa advises to propitiate situations to laugh together. These moments are a must against boredom. Besides, having fun will help you want to share new things.
6. Rekindle the passion
You must definitely consider your sex life to fall back in love. Try new things to activate it, such as experimenting in other places, renewing positions, and perhaps even include erotic toys.
This kind of thing could rekindle the flame and allow you to learn new ways to enjoy one another.
7. Fall back in love by giving each other space
As we said above, it’s important to spend time together; however, each one of you also needs space. Moments in which to grow as individuals, cultivate hobbies and maintain friendships.
In other words, having personal space is a way of meeting one’s own needs. This is because the frustration of not being able to meet your personal needs isn’t conducive to a healthy relationship.
8. Optimize your communication
This is one of the pillars of any relationship. Thus, always try to maintain clear, honest, and mutual communication in which you’re able to put yourselves in the other’s shoes and reach agreements.
Likewise, you must foster your respect for your significant other through active listening, controlling angry emotions, and accepting different points of view.
Read about the importance of Setting Limits for Healthy Relationships
Everyday details to fall back in love
Ok, so you want to fall back in love but don’t know where to start. Here’s a list of everyday things that can help you achieve it.
- Turn routine into fun activities. For example, play your favorite music while cleaning the house.
- Tell each other things you love to hear during the day. Talk about what happened at work, what you dreamed about last night. Also, pay attention to what they’re saying.
- Ignore your cell phone when you’re talking to each other.
- Pack up your bags right then and go on a romantic getaway.
- Make every day special. Celebrate the little things every day has to offer. It’ll help you appreciate the moments you spend together.
- Make a list of common interests and do them together. This includes talking about any topic you may be passionate about.
- Relax, meditate, do breathing exercises, give each other massages. In short, find a way for both of you to let go of worries.
- Flirt, compliment them, surprise them with unexpected gifts or with a romantic detail.
- Work on yourself by taking care of your appearance and set individual goals.
- Respect each other’s privacy and alone time.
- Seek counseling to try to fall back in love with each other.
In some cases, couple’s therapy will be the best option, especially when the relationship has deteriorated a lot. This kind of professional should be able to provide you with the necessary tools and support you need to overcome any incompatibilities.
You’ve tried it all and can’t fall back in love?
Well, sometimes the best thing you can do is fall back in love with yourself and opt for a breakup. This is because not all couples have what it takes to stay together for life, and that’s totally OK!It might interest you...