Cantaloupe Banana Smoothie to Reduce Cholesterol
This delicious cantaloupe banana smoothie will balance your cholesterol levels to lead to better health and well-being.
Natural fruit smoothies are a great option for lowering high cholesterol. All foods rich in carotenes, vitamin C, antioxidants, zinc and fiber are, without a doubt, the best options for doing so.
If you combine this cantaloupe banana smoothie with a healthy, balanced diet while also leading an active lifestyle, you will definitely get better results on your next blood test.
Are you ready to try this delicious smoothie?
Cantaloupe Helps Reduce Cholesterol
It doesn’t matter what variety of cantaloupe you choose: they’re all rich in phytonutrients, water and fiber, which are perfect for fighting bad cholesterol, or LDL cholesterol.
- They’re also high in Vitamin C. Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that helps improve cardiac health. It takes care of tissues and keeps veins and arteries flexible and plaque-free.
- Cantaloupe also contains beta-carotenes, which are a type of natural antioxidant that improves and accelerates cellular metabolism.
- Due to their magnesium and fiber content, it creates a laxative effect that reduces fat absorption.
- Cantaloupe is also rich in potassium. This is very necessary for heart health. Consuming appropriate amounts of potassium in your diet will help reduce blood pressure and better metabolism the impact of high-sodium foods.
In this natural smoothie, we’re going to combine cantaloupe with banana. If bananas are a bit difficult for you to digest, you could also use grapes or an apple.
If you sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on this cantaloupe banana smoothie, you’ll be including another fabulous ingredient for reducing cholesterol levels.
Try this Effective Diet to Reduce Cholesterol
Banana’s Properties for Reducing Cholesterol
Some people have a few doubts about whether bananas increase or decrease cholesterol. However, as with the majority of foods, what truly matters is introducing them into your diet in a balanced fashion, without going to extremes.
Something so simple as eating one banana a day can improve your general health. Not only does this fruit provide energy, but it’s also a perfect ingredient when creating rich smoothies to reduce cholesterol.
Here are just some of the benefits of this amazing fruit:
- Bananas are a very low-fat food.
- Bananas are one of the best fruits you can eat to get proper amounts of fiber. Fiber is highly necessary in your diet for proper toxin elimination and for promoting proper intestinal movement. Thanks to this, you’ll also normalize LDL, or bad cholesterol, levels in your blood.
- Bananas are also rich in antioxidants and minerals like zinc and selenium. These are important for supporting optimum cholesterol synthesis in the liver, and for balancing these cholesterol levels.
- This fact here is also very important: bananas improve circulation and prevent clots from forming that could obstruct arteries.
How to Make this Cantaloupe Banana Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 2 cups of cantaloupe (whichever variety you prefer) (150 g)
- 1 glass water (200 mL)
- 1 tsp. powdered cinnamon (5 g)
This cantaloupe and banana smoothie can be made in just five minutes. All you need to do is find the right ingredients.
It’s important that neither the cantaloupe nor the banana are overripe. If not, the excess sugar could be harmful, and it could even be difficult to digest. Try to make sure they’re both just ripe. With the cantaloupe, choose whichever kind you like best, according to the season. The more natural, the better.
- First, cut the melon. Remove the seeds and dice up the melon to facilitate blending.
- Peel the banana and do the same. Cut into three parts.
- Then, add the cantaloupe and banana to the blender. Blend for a few seconds.
- After, add the glass of water to create a lighter smoothie.
- Once ready, serve in your favorite glass and sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on top.
Keep in mind that this delicious spice is also great for reducing cholesterol and triglycerides!
Make this delicious cantaloupe banana smoothie twice a week, always taking advantage of melon season. Your cholesterol will be more balanced, and this will translate into a better quality of life and health.
It’s worth it!
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Wang, H., Cao, G., & Prior, R. L. (1996). Total antioxidant capacity of fruits. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf950579y
- Mattes, M. Z., & Vickers, Z. M. (2018). Better-liked foods can produce more satiety. Food Quality and Preference. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodqual.2017.10.012
- Gordon, M. (1985). Cholesterol. Nutrition & Food Science. https://doi.org/10.1108/eb059065
- Mackowiak K., Torlinska Walkowiak N., Torlinska B., Dietary fibre as an important constituent of the diet. Postepy Hig Med Dosw, 2016. 70: 104-9.
- Warrilow A., Mellor D., McKune A., Pumpa K., Dietary fat, fibre, satiation, and satiety- a systematic review of acute studies. Eur J Clin Nutr, 2019. 73 (3): 333-344.