Lose Weight With This Delicious Turmeric Recipe
There are a wide variety of natural supplements that can help stimulate the activity of the metabolism and thus increase the burning of calories. One of them is turmeric.
Many people opt for questionable ‘miracle’ methods in their eagerness to lose weight. On the other hand, there are many healthy alternatives that, combined with physical exercise, support weight loss without exposing the body to any unwanted side effects. We’re going to give you one such recipe.
Turmeric can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer. It binds to non-heme iron (for example from plant foods) so could lower iron levels. It’s thought to be instrumental in combating oxidative stress. This is a syndrome that causes some neurodegenerative and cardiovascular diseases.
Why use turmeric to lose weight
Turmeric (Curcuma longa) is a medicinal spice from the same family as ginger (Zingiberaceae) that’s valued for its many gastronomic benefits. Indeed, its light spicy flavor and color are ideal for giving a special touch to many recipes.
Turmeric dye is relatively poorly absorbed in the intestine. The amount that’s absorbed is rapidly eliminated through the bile. However, when combined (in almost equal amounts) with black pepper, it increases its absorption 2000 times.
The benefits of turmeric
Turmeric forms the basis of many remedies that improve the body’s functions. For example, its moderate and regular consumption is a 100 percent natural supplement for those who are trying to lose weight by leading a healthy lifestyle.
You might also like to read: The 8 Benefits of Turmeric That You’ll Want To Know
- Its principal active component has detoxifying and anti-inflammatory properties and contains antioxidants that improve metabolic health. This is evidenced in a study published in Drug Design.
- It helps reestablish peristaltic movement. This promotes the elimination of waste that accumulates in the intestine.
- Its nutrients strengthen liver health and help to maintain a balance of bile. This is key to the digestion of fats.
- Turmeric contains vitamins, minerals, and a small amount of protein, In fact, it’s been demonstrated that it helps keep your body healthy and full of energy.
- Turmeric protects against cellular damage. That’s because its antioxidants stop the negative action of free radials.
- It also helps to control cholesterol levels and strengthen cardiovascular health.
You might also be interested in: Five Key Ways to Control Cholesterol
A turmeric recipe for losing weight
One of the great advantages of turmeric is that it can be easily combined with other ingredients to enhance its health properties. We’re going to tell you how to prepare lemon and cinnamon tea. These are two ingredients with good weight loss effects.
It’s a low-calorie and 100 percent natural tea. It increases the rate of metabolism while controlling cravings. Furthermore, there’s evidence that the inclusion of phytochemicals from these ingredients stimulates weight loss.
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric (1.2g).
- A cup of hot water (250 ml).
- The juice of 1/2 lemon.
- A pinch of cinnamon.
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey(3 g).
- Add the turmeric to a cup of hot water.
- Let it dissolve and mix with the lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Make sure it’s well mixed then add the honey.
How to drink
- Drink the tea before and after breakfast.
- If desired, repeat an hour after lunch.
- Drink for 2 weeks, refrain for 2 weeks, and drink again.
- If you have liver problems or gallstones you shouldn’t use this remedy.
- If you’re taking medications, it’s best to consult a doctor. Ask them if the drink will interfere with the effectiveness of your medications.
- You shouldn’t drink it if you’re taking anticoagulants.
- Don’t drink in excess, as elevated doses can irritate the stomach.
Also read this article: 3 Recipes with turmeric to lose weight
Turmeric, like any natural ingredient, can improve many aspects of health. However, it’s important to consider that its effects aren’t achieved immediately. Although right from the start it’ll improve certain functions of the body, it takes a few weeks for it to start working properly.
For this reason, if your goal is to lose weight, you shouldn’t expect to achieve a change in a few days. Indeed, although turmeric is beneficial, you have to be patient if you want to achieve good results.
Include turmeric in your diet to lose weight
As you’ve seen, turmeric is helpful in promoting weight loss. However, it must be included in the context of a healthy and balanced diet. Performing physical exercise on a regular basis is also important.
Like all natural ingredients, turmeric can do a great deal for your health. Nevertheless, it’s important to realize that the effects won’t be immediate.
However, right from the start, it’ll improve your body functions. Its properties will cause a positive effects after a few weeks.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Chin KY., The spice for joint inflammation: anti inflammatory role of curcumin in treating osteoarthritis. Drug Des Devel Ther, 2016. 10: 3029-3042.
- Tang M., Taghibiglou C., The mechanisms of action of curcumin in Alzheimer’s disease. J Alzheimers Dis, 2017. 58 (4): 1003-1016.
- Rupansinghe HPV., Sekhon Loodu S., Mantso T., Panayiotidis MI., Phytochemicals in regulation fatty acid b oxidation potential underlying mechanisms and their involvement in obesity and weight loss. Pharmacol Ther, 2016. 165: 153-63.