Improve the Well-being of Your Body with Turmeric and Lemon Water
Thanks to the nutrients they provide, the combination of lemon water and turmeric offer an ideal remedy to treat diverse health problems and even help you to lose weight.
The combination of turmeric and lemon water is a medicinal recipe that has become very popular throughout the world. This is thanks to its ability to improve health and reduce excess weight.
It may not be a miracle product to cure illnesses. However, those who have tried it have discovered that it is a powerful ally to detox the blood and optimize the functions of the principal systems of the body.
This spice and citrus fruit contain powerful concentrated antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. Once absorbed by the body, these help to remove toxins and prevent them from having a negative impact on cells and tissues.
Plus, they contain very few calories and are a source of vitamins and minerals. This means that the combination of the two is an ideal complement to all diets.
Many people don’t know about their benefits yet. That’s why we want to share this recipe so that you can make it at home.
Turmeric and lemon water drink to improve your health
This natural turmeric and lemon water drink is one of the recipes used in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine to treat and prevent several common illnesses.
These cultures have valued turmeric as a great health ally. This is not only thanks to its high content of essential nutrients, but also because of its powerful anti-inflammatory and painkilling action.
It is now more popular in other countries since we’ve discover that its effects on the body help promote physical and mental well-being.
For this reason, we’re going to reveal some of the great benefits of consuming turmeric regularly before sharing the recipe.
The benefits of turmeric
Turmeric is a spice that has been used since ancient times both for gastronomic purposes and in natural remedies.
This plant belongs to the zingiberaceae family, like ginger. It stands out because of its particular yellow-orange color.
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory and relaxing effects which can be used to reduce muscle pains and inflammatory problems.
It contains powerful antioxidant agents like curcumin which minimize the negative effects of free radicals and prevent the oxidizing effect of stress on cells.
Its nutrients include:
- Amino acids
- Dietary fiber
- Vitamins (A, C, E)
- Minerals (calcium, potassium, sodium, iron, magnesium)
The benefits of lemons
Lemons are a citrus fruit that stand out for their high content of vitamin C and natural fibers that help to improve digestion.
First of all, their anti-oxidant and alkaline properties help to control excess acidity in the body. In addition, they reduce the risk of autoimmune diseases.
Plus, its essential minerals promote the balance of the electrolytes of the body and reduce the risk of edema and kidney infections.
Also, thanks to the antibiotic substances it contains, it’s a great ally for strengthening the immune system and improving respiratory health.
We recommend you read: 7 Natural Remedies to Treat Acid Reflux
How to prepare this turmeric and lemon water drink
To enjoy the benefits of this great natural remedy, you just need to invest 20 to 30 minutes’ time before breakfast.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground turmeric (1.2 g)
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 teaspoon of honey (7.5 g)
- First, heat the water. When it begins to boil, take it off the heat and add the turmeric and lemon juice.
- Then, mix all the ingredients so that they combine fully and add the honey to give it a more pleasant flavor.
- Leave it to stand for 3 to 5 minutes and then drink it.
How to drink it
- Drink a cup on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. If you like, repeat before lunch.
- Do this for 2 weeks in a row, once a month.
- First of all, the excessive consumption of turmeric is not advisable for those who have been diagnosed with liver problems.
- This remedy is not suitable to people with gallbladder stones.
- In addition, if you are taking any medications, you should check with your doctor to find out whether the effects of this remedy will interfere with your medication.
Have you tried it yet? Add it as a complement to your diet and find out for yourself how good it is for improving many aspects of your health.