Exfoliate Your Feet with Coconut Oil and Salt
Looking for softer, smoother feet? Try this natural remedy! You’ll notice you have softer skin after the first application, but if you want to remove calluses, it will require repeat treatments.
Calluses are unsightly hard patches that are produced by the friction from certain types of footwear.
They are commonly found on the balls or the heels of one or both feet, although they can also form on the hands and fingers.
This skin disorder is characterized by an excessive build up of dead skin cells, dry patches, and even cracking in severe cases.
While it’s not typically a health problem, it’s always best to treat them to prevent any pain or swelling.
Fortunately, there are some natural ingredients whose properties will soften your skin while dramatically reducing this annoying problem.
In today’s article, we want to share a recipe made with coconut oil and coarse salt, whose exfoliating properties will help fight this problem while also hydrating your feet and preventing the growth of fungi.
Find out more!
Coconut oil and salt treatment to exfoliate the feet
This homemade exfoliant of coconut oil and coarse salt is a natural remedy that will eliminate any hard spots forming on your feet, giving them a smoother and more attractive appearance.
Unlike commercial products sold in cosmetic stores, this is much more affordable and doesn’t contain any aggressive chemicals.
The medium chain fatty acids easily penetrate into the pores of your skin, helping to regulate the pH and retain your natural moisture.
The antioxidant compounds and emollient ingredients also help remove any hard patches, eliminating dead skin cells and other impurities that usually build up on the surface.
Combined with its antibacterial action, coconut oil is one of the best ingredients you can choose for foot care.Coarse salt also acts as a powerful exfoliating agent, and it’s also anti-inflammatory, which makes it ideal for softening hard skin and calming pain or feelings of heaviness.
It contains essential minerals and antioxidants that balance your pH and reduce excessive dryness once absorbed into the skin.
It also acts as an antifungal agent, reducing the presence of germs that cause skin irritation and unpleasant odors.
How do you make this exfoliating treatment?This coconut oil and coarse salt combo is a very affordable treatment you can make in just a few minutes.
The ingredients can be easily acquired at any herbal or cosmetic store, although it’s best to first check their nutritional quality.
Coconut oil should be 100% organic because you’ll want it to retain all of its beneficial properties.
While more refined products are available and less expensive, it pays to spend a little extra to get more benefits and nutrients.
- 1/2 cup of organic coconut oil (100 g)
- 3 tablespoons of coarse salt (36 g)
- 1 glass container with lid
- Silicone or wood utensil
- Add the coconut oil to a glass jar and mix in the tablespoons of coarse salt.
- Stir this product well using a silicone or wooden utensil.
- Leave it for a couple of hours and then apply it.
How to use it
- At night before you go to sleep, wash your feet with soap and water to remove any dirt that may have built up on the surface.
- Then take a little of this scrub and rub it over the areas where you have hard spots or calluses.
- Wait for 20 to 30 minutes and then soak your feet in warm water.
- Massage your feet to enhance the exfoliating action. After 15 minutes have passed you can remove them from the water.
- Dry your skin well and apply a moisturizing lotion.
- Repeat this procedure at least four times a week to remove calluses in no time.
Remember that while there are many benefits, this product won’t completely eliminate calluses with just one application.
Be consistent with your treatment and you’ll be able to get rid of this nuisance. You also won’t have to spend lots of money on commercial products.
You should also try to identify which shoes are irritating your feet and avoid wearing them as much as possible.