Salt is a fundamental ingredient in all sorts of recipes. However, did you know that it also is useful in beauty? Due to its coarse texture, sea salt has excellent as an exfoliating hair product.
Are you wondering how sea salt can reduce the amount of oil in your hair and scalp? Continue reading to learn about all about this wonderful ingredient.
Check out this article too: 7 Eco-Friendly Cleaning Tricks Using Salt
What is sea salt known for?
Sea salt is naturally obtained from the ocean. It’s not altered by any chemical processes, so it retains its basic properties. This is a healthier salt choice than the iodized version at stores. You can definitely benefit from this type of salt.
Get rid of oily hair with sea salt
Oily hair is caused by an excessive production of oil from your skin’s sebaceous glands. When you don’t wash your hair properly or often enough, this oil can build up on your scalp and makes it difficult to remove.
Sea salt, unlike regular salt, comes from the evaporation of seawater, which produces accumulated mineral formations. The ability of sea salt to remove oil from hair is because the minerals actually strengthen your follicles and scalp. As a result, the buildup of oil is reduced and your hair looks much healthier.
Sea salt also improves circulation in the areas of the skin where it is applied. This improves the supply of oxygen to your skin and scalp. Therefore, you’ll have faster hair growth, greater volume, and a much healthier scalp. Now that you know how it works and are ready to try it at home, you’ll need to learn how to apply sea salt to your hair.
Read this article too: Which types of salt is the healthiest?
How to prepare and apply sea salt to your hair
- 2 parts shampoo
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of sea salt (30 to 45 g)
Preparation and application
- First you should pour two parts of your favorite shampoo into a small container that has been properly cleaned and dried.
- Add two to three tablespoons of sea salt (depending on how oily your hair is) to the container with the shampoo and mix well until the salt is completely dissolved.
- In the shower, apply some of this mixture to your hair by completely covering your hair.
- Be sure to massage your scalp with this mixture for five minutes and let it work for another five to 10 minutes.
- Next, rinse your hair with warm water. It’s usually a good idea to do a final cold water rinse to close your hair cuticles.
- Finally, apply a hydrating conditioner to help your hair recover.
You can repeat this process two to four times a week. After a month you’ll start to see excellent results from this exfoliant. It’s important that you use this technique occasionally, because doing it too often can cause your hair dry out. Its use is especially recommended for people who have excess oil on their scalp. Likewise, don’t use it every time you wash your hair.
Sea salt has been a real miracle for people who haven’t had good results from the cosmetics at stores. It not only helps eliminate excess oil: it also speeds up hair growth and even eliminates dandruff.