Make a Scrub for Stretch Marks with Coffee and Coconut Oil
Stretch marks are lines that appear when the skin over a short period of time. They may be light or bruise-colored lines, and are typically located around the hips, thighs, or abdomen. How severe they are depends on a few different factors, as they can be caused by a sudden weight change, hormonal imbalances, and bad habits.
While they aren’t painful and pose no threat to your health, you may want to minimize their appearance. Fortunately, dozens of treatments have been developed to revitalize the affected tissue and make them much less noticable.
This scrub for stretch marks, made with coffee and coconut oil, will help moisturize and regenerate the affected areas. Are you ready to give it a try? Read on and find out how to make it.
Homemade coffee and coconut oil scrub for stretch marks
This homemade scrub made with coffee and coconut oil is for external use. It will nourish your skin to help with stretch marks on various parts of your body. Its properties can be compared to the many commercial stretch mark treatments, because they all heal, regenerate, and hydrate. Although this isn’t a “miracle” treatment, with regular use you’ll see smoother skin and less of those unsightly lines.
Visit this article: 11 foods that reduce stretch marks
Benefits of coffee for stretch marks
Coffee has become a popular ingredient in the cosmetics industry because its properties and nutrients have remarkable benefits for your skin.
- Caffeine penetrates your tissues and adds firmness, which helps keep new stretch marks from forming.
- Coffee contains powerful antioxidants that minimize the damage caused by free radicals. This will prevent the premature breakdown of tissue.
- The grainy texture of coffee grounds has exfoliating effects that clear off dead skin cells while stimulating blood flow.
- It helps oxygen get to your skin cells, necessary for regeneration.
- Coffee will help keep your skin moisturized, and the vitamins and minerals in it will nourish your skin from the inside out.
Benefits of coconut oil
Coconut oil hardly needs any introduction as an alternative cosmetic product. It is well known for its moisturizing, anti-microbial, and healing properties. Together they keep your skin smooth and protected.
- Coconut oil contains medium chain fatty acids, which help retain your skin’s natural moisture and prevent breakage.
- It is absorbed easily and penetrates to the deeper layers of the skin, preventing any loss of elasticity and firmness.
- Coconut oil contains quite a bit of vitamins E and K, which prevent premature cell aging.
- Essential amino acids keep the fibers of your tissues together and new stretch marks from forming.
- It helps maintain your body’s production of collagen and elastin, which are essential for keeping skin youthful and blemish-free.
- Finally, coconut oil acts as a barrier against damage due to the sun, toxins, and bacteria.
Did you know? 4 smoothies to eliminate toxins
How do you make a coffee and coconut oil scrub for stretch marks?
To make this natural scrub with coffee and coconut oil, first be sure to buy 100% natural and organic products. Although there are may not be many affordable options, they are the most nutritious.
- 5 tablespoons of ground coffee (75 g)
- 3 tablespoons of organic coconut oil (45 g)
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel (15 g)
- 2 tablespoons of mineral water (30 ml)
- Glass jar with lid
- Wooden spoon
- Add the coffee grounds to a glass jar and stir in the coconut oil, aloe vera gel, and mineral water.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir the mixture for a few seconds until you get a smooth paste.
- Cover the jar and store in a cool, dark place.
- Rub as much of this product as you need on the areas affected by stretch marks.
- Spend five minutes performing a gentle massage and then leave it on for another 20 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water. Dry carefully and apply your normal moisturizer.
- Repeat this treatment at least three times a week for the best results.
Are you trying to make your stretch marks less noticeable? If you haven’t tried this remarkable treatment yet, go ahead and make it at home. See for yourself how well it works! Be patient though – follow the recommendations here and soon you’ll notice your skin looking smoother and more beautiful.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Intahphuak S, Khonsung P, Panthong A., “Anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antipyretic activities of virgin coconut oil”, Pharm Biol. 2010 Feb;48(2):151-7.
- Agero AL, Verallo-Rowell VM., “A randomized double-blind controlled trial comparing extra virgin coconut oil with mineral oil as a moisturizer for mild to moderate xerosis”, Dermatitis. 2004 Sep;15(3):109-16.
- Roure R, et al. (2011). “Evaluation of the efficacy of a topical cosmetic slimming product combining tetrahydroxypropyl ethylenediamine, caffeine, carnitine, forskolin, and retinol”, In vitro, ex vitro, and in vivo studies.