The Slimming Properties of a Cinnamon Infusion with Honey
Do you know about the slimming properties of a cinnamon infusion with honey? This is one of the best-known widely-used spices. Thus, a basic ingredient in many recipes and home remedies.
A cinnamon infusion is recommended for keeping your body in good condition when temperatures are low. It’s also antiviral and antibacterial, according to this study conducted by the Baqiyatallah University of Medical Sciences in Iran.
Furthermore, the properties in this kind of infusion can favor weight loss.
The weight loss properties of cinnamon
It’s possible to lose weight with cinnamon because it accelerates your metabolism, which favors fat burning. A study conducted at Saveetha Institute of Medical & Technical Sciences (SIMATS) in India confirms it. In this regard, it generates body heat, which has an effect on significant fatty tissues like those in the neck and the abdomen.
This is just one of the special properties of cinnamon you should take advantage of if you want to lose weight, though. It also helps reduce blood sugar levels and your cholesterol, among others, according to this study conducted by Oklahoma State University.
- Maintains optimal blood sugar levels
- And cholesterol levels
When there’s a high level of sugar in your blood, this affects blood circulation to each of your vital organs, as well as cellular oxygenation. Two of the potential consequences of this process are obesity and diabetes.
Similarly, high levels of cholesterol also impact blood circulation, which leads to an increased likelihood of heart attacks, strokes, and vascular obstruction, among other things.
The cosmetic benefits and uses of honey and cinnamon
Honey is a great ingredient to add to your diet whether you want to lose weight or just eat more natural things. It’s an excellent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial agent, according to this study conducted by KPC Medical College in India.
Honey is a useful ingredient for drinks and desserts, especially to substitute junky ingredients.
That being said, be aware that honey, though powerful, has about the same calorie content as refined sugar. Thus, eat it in moderation if you want to lose weight.
In turn, cinnamon also has important uses for beauty and well-being. All you need is a teaspoon a day to:
- Reduce inflammation. This is stated in this study by the Ghent University in Belgium.
- Regularize digestion, according to this study conducted by the Universiti Malaysia Kelantan in Malaysia.
- Prevent premature aging. This is stated in this study by the Clinical Centre of Niš in Serbia, which suggests it can prevent the appearance of wrinkles.
How to make cinnamon and honey tea
Preparing a delicious cup of cinnamon and honey tea is very simple.
- Ground cinnamon (3.5 g.)
- 1 c. of hot water (250 ml)
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Heat the water but keep it from boiling
- Add the cinnamon and the honey
- Stir it so that all the ingredients mix in and you’ll have a delicious tea ready to drink and help you lose all those extra pounds
- You can add a few drops of lemon juice for a sweet and sour touch
When should you drink this tea?
When thinking about losing weight, it’s important to consider the best time to drink this infusion.
We recommend drinking a cup of cinnamon infusion with honey half an hour before breakfast or before going to bed. You’ll get the same slimming benefits in both cases.
Contraindications of cinnamon and honey
Do you like this recipe so much you want to drink it all day long? Be aware of the following contraindications of exceeding your daily cup.
- The possible side effects of excessive cinnamon consumption include the risk of depression and liver damage
- In turn, honey tends to cause disturbances in those allergic to pollen
Keep in mind that you need to consume this infusion in moderation to obtain maximum benefits. Be responsible for your well-being and overall health and stick to a regular physical activity routine as well as a healthy diet. Finally, this cinnamon infusion with honey can help you lose weight but not in a miraculous way.