Green Tea, Pineapple and Cinnamon Drink for Weight Loss
The green tea, pineapple and cinnamon drink is a delicious option that can help replace those drinks that, far from supporting weight loss, only promote it.
Losing weight is a process that involves effort, discipline, and perseverance. If we know our best options, then we make better decisions and, little by little, we achieve our goals.
It’s well known that, in order to avoid unwanted reactions (such as the famous “rebound effect”), it’s essential to adopt a healthy strategy, including a proper diet and a regular exercise routine.
In addition to this, we should know that there are some “aids” that can improve, in a certain way, the metabolic activity, in order to burn calories more easily.
Green tea, pineapple, and cinnamon drink to lose weight
This green tea, pineapple, and cinnamon drink is refreshing and diuretic. For this reason, it has been included in several slimming diets.
It isn’t a miracle remedy, but a supplement that can be used as a complement to industrial drinks (flavored waters, soft drinks, teas, juices, smoothies etc.)
Many flavored waters and light soft drinks deceive us with their statistics, and, in the end, only promote weight gain and excessive consumption of salt and sugar.
Read more here: 7 Signs You’re Eating too Much Sugar
Green tea, pineapple, and cinnamon
We have used these three ingredients, as they’re attributed with antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, diuretic, and, therefore, slimming properties.
Together, they act as a natural diuretic, thus facilitating the elimination of retained fluids in the body, which is what usually gives the feeling that there is a greater volume than there actually is.
According to experts from the Spanish Nutrition Foundation (FEN):
- Pineapple is a source of iodine, vitamin C, organic acids, and bromelain.
- Cinnamon is a source of protein, iron, calcium, zinc, potassium, selenium, vitamins B6, C, phenols, and aldehydes.
- Green tea is a source of antioxidants, as pointed out by several studies.
These three combine very well and help you stay hydrated in a delicious way.
Read more here: The Health Benefits of Cinnamon Tea
To prepare it, you’ll need to have a fresh pineapple at hand, natural honey (not the type from the supermarket, which carries added sugars) and cinnamon (in stick or powder, as you prefer).
- 2 slices of pineapple
- 1 bag of green tea (5 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of honey (50 g)
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder (2 g)
- Bring a cup of water to the boil and add the cinnamon powder
- Let it simmer for 2 minutes and then add the green tea
- Let it stand at room temperature, covered, for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, extract the juice from the pineapple slices.
- When the infusion is lukewarm, add the pineapple juice and a couple of tablespoons of honey.
- Stir well so that everything is well integrated and consume it when it’s lukewarm.
How to consume
- Drink the beverage a maximum of 2 times a day.
- Always consume it as a complement, never as a substitute for main meals.
- You can drink it 45 minutes after the main meal or with a snack. The reason for this is that green tea could interfere with the assimilation of nutrients.
- Cinnamon is not recommended in some cases, so be sure to be well informed before incorporating it as an ingredient in your recipes and dishes.
Combine this drink with a healthy lifestyle
To lose weight in a healthy way, in addition to drinking this green tea, pineapple and cinnamon drink, you must have good lifestyle habits. Above all, eat healthily and do physical activity daily.
If you have any questions about how to lose weight in a healthy way, it’s best to consult your doctor.It might interest you...