3 Green Tea Beverages to Melt Belly Fat
Many people drink green tea to melt belly fat because they think it can help them achieve their goal. What they don’t always take into account is they should do so in addition to a healthy lifestyle.
That’s to say, you shouldn’t rely only on green tea to lose weight. The idea is to consume it as a complement to a well balanced diet and a moderate exercise routine.
The health properties of green tea
Green tea (Camellia sinensis) comes from China and is currently drunk all around the world. In order to make it, they collect fresh leaves that, after being subjected to drying, are pressed, rolled, and crushed. The fact that it oxidizes during this process makes it rather special.
Due to its content of polyphenols, many consider it a beverage with many health benefits for our physical and mental health. Among them:
- It reduces oxidative stress
- And delays the effects of aging
- Furthermore, some claim it helps reduce the risk of cancer but studies are still limited in this regard
- It has potentially positive effects in the prevention of cardiovascular disease
- And helps improve bone density
- In addition, it improves attention and memory
- Finally, it’s relaxing
As if that wasn’t enough, green tea can also help you melt excess belly fat.
How to drink green tea to melt belly fat
While it’s true that a cup of this drink can be very good for reducing retained liquids and swelling in the abdomen and legs, there are some considerations to take into account in order to take advantage of all its benefits.
Avoid drinking it immediately after eating. Ideally, wait about 45 minutes after the main meal. Otherwise, the tea may prevent the body from absorbing nutrients from food properly.
Furthermore, to take advantage of its fat-burning properties and antioxidant effects, the best time to use it is in the morning.
If you prefer, you can substitute the morning cup of coffee for this infusion. And in case you want to drink it at night, try to do it two or three hours before going to sleep.
Moderate your intake of this drink. The recommended amount is two to three cups a day. Never exceed five. keep in mind that it has a diuretic effect that could lead to dehydration. It can also lower blood pressure and affect people with anemia, according to some studies.
Important note: avoid drinking green tea if you are using diuretic medications, unless it is under medical supervision.
The best known way to consume green tea is as an infusion but there are other options. For example, it comes in powder form, capsules, and dietary supplements. The concentration varies depending on the brand so be careful with the dosage. Ideally, consult your doctor about the right dosage for you.
The best ways to make green tea for weight loss
You can make green tea in several ways to lose weight. Here are some delicious recipes for you to incorporate into your diet.
1. Mint green tea
If you want to enhance the flavor of green tea, you can add a few fresh mint leaves. Here is a step-by-step guide to making this drink even tastier.
- 1 tbsp. of green tea (15 g.)
- 1 c. of water (250 ml.)
- 5 mint leaves
- Firstly, heat the cup of water. When it reaches a boil, add the tea.
- Secondly, reduce the heat to low, and let it steep for five minutes.
- Then, remove it from the heat, add the mint and allow it to steep for 15 more minutes.
- Then, strain it when it’s cool enough to drink.
- If you wish, add a touch of honey. Ideally, you should drink it without added sweeteners.
2. Avocado-green tea shake
A healthy way to satisfy your appetite is to drink this delicious drink with avocado and banana. Are you ready to try it? Just follow the steps below!
- 1 tsp. of green tea (5 g.)
- ½ c. of water (125 ml.)
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 almonds
- Firstly, bring the water to a boil.
- When it reaches a boil, add the tea and let it cook.
- Lower the heat and allow the mixture steep for 10 more minutes.
- Then, turn off the heat and let it cool down.
- Next, strain the beverage and transfer it to the blender.
- Then, add the avocado, the chopped banana, and the almonds.
- Blend it to a smooth consistency.
- Finally, serve and drink in the morning.
3. Pineapple and guarana green tea
Refreshing, light, aromatic, and diuretic, this is how you could define the mixture of green tea, pineapple, and guarana. As a special touch, we recommend adding a few ice cubes. Do you want to try it? Follow the steps below, if so.
- 2 c. of water (500 ml.)
- 1 slice of pineapple
- 1 tbsp. of green tea (15 g.)
- ½ tsp. of guarana powder (2.5 g.)
- Firstly, boil the water.
- When it reaches a boil, add the green tea, pineapple, and guarana powder.
- Let these boil at low heat for five minutes and then, turn off the burner.
- Then, let it steep for 15 more minutes and strain.
- Finally, serve and enjoy.
Learn to make Pineapple Carpaccio with Ice Cream: A Delicious Recipe
Compliment your diet
Green tea is a drink that can provide several benefits and help you lose weight as long as you drink it as part of a healthy lifestyle. It won’t provide good results otherwise.
The thing is this drink can’t help you lose weight on its own. Even more so if you overindulge, follow a poor diet (based on junk and ultra-processed food), and maintain a sedentary lifestyle.
Consequently, if you want to lose weight in a healthy effective way, don’t limit yourself to green tea to melt belly fat. Instead, adopt a proper diet and and a good daily physical activity routine.
Then, after you speak to your doctor about it, you might be able to drink green tea as a complement. Even better, consult a nutritionist and follow their instructions.
Keep in mind that the healthiest beverage will always be water, so don’t limit yourself to this drink alone. Although it may be a recommended option in some cases, you shouldn’t use it as a substitute for water.