Three Ways to Make Green Tea for Weight Loss
There are several ways to make green tea in order to encourage weight loss. Now, what you may not take into account is that you must drink it within a healthy lifestyle.
That’s to say, you shouldn’t rely only on it to lose weight. The idea is to consume it as a complement to your diet.
Things to consider
Green tea (Camellia sinensis) comes from China and is currently drunk all around the world. In order to make it, they collect fresh leaves that, after being subjected to drying, are pressed, rolled, and crushed. It also stands out because it doesn’t undergo oxidation while it’s being processed.
While it’s true that a cup of this drink can be very good for reducing retained liquids and swelling in the abdomen and legs, there are some considerations to take into account in order to take advantage of all its benefits.
- Avoid drinking it immediately after eating. Ideally, wait about 45 minutes after the main meal. Otherwise, the tea may prevent the body from absorbing nutrients from food properly.
- It’s also advisable to moderate this drink since it has a diuretic effect that can cause the blood pressure to drop too low or suffer from dehydration.
In addition, you should take into account that, in order to lose weight, you need to adopt an adequate diet, do physical exercise daily and, if the doctor says so, consume beverages such as green tea as a complement to your diet.
If you don’t adopt and maintain a healthy lifestyle, you won’t be able to achieve your desired goal. Green tea alone won’t make you lose weight if you’ll eat too much, have a poor diet (based on junk and ultra-processed food) and have a sedentary lifestyle.
Read these Meal Tips to Help You Lose Belly Fat Without Starving Yourself
The best ways to make green tea for weight loss
You can make green tea in several ways to lose weight. Here are some delicious recipes for you to incorporate into your diet.
Important note: if you’re taking diuretic medications, avoid green tea without your doctor’s supervision.
1. Green tea with mint
If you want to enhance the flavor of green tea, you can add a few fresh mint leaves. Here is a step-by-step guide to making this drink taste great.
- 1 tbsp. of green tea
- 1 c. of water
- 5 mint leaves
- Firstly, heat the cup of water. When it reaches a boil, add the tea.
- Secondly, reduce the heat to low, and leave it for 5 minutes
- Then, remove it from the heat, add the mind and leave it to steep for 15 more minutes
- Then, when it’s at a suitable temperature for consumption, strain it
- If you wish, add a touch of honey. Although the ideal would be to enjoy your tea without any type of sweetener.
2. Avocado and green tea drink
A healthy way to satisfy your appetite is to drink this delicious drink with avocado and banana. Ready to try it for yourself? Follow the steps below!
- 1 tsp. of green tea
- ½ c. of water
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 almonds
- Firstly, bring the water to a boil
- When it reaches a boil, add the tea and let it steep
- Lower the heat and let the mixture steep for another 10 minutes
- Then, turn off the heat and let it cool down
- Next, strain the beverage and transfer it to the blender
- Next, add the avocado, the sliced banana, and the almonds
- Blend everything until your drink has a smooth consistency without lumps
- Finally, serve and drink in the morning
3. Pineapple and guarana green tea
Refreshing, light, aromatic, and diuretic, this is how you could define the mixture of green tea, pineapple, and guarana. Do you want to try it? If so, follow the steps below. As a special touch, we recommend adding a few ice cubes.
- 2 c. of water
- 1 slice of pineapple, chopped
- 1 tbsp. of green tea
- ½ tsp. of guarana powder
- Firstly, boil the water
- When it reaches a boil, add the green tea, pineapple, and guarana powder
- Let these boil at low heat for 5 minutes, and then turn off the burner
- Then, let it rest for 15 more minutes and strain
- Finally, serve and enjoy
Learn to make these Easy, Effective Natural Remedies with Pineapples
Compliment your diet
Green tea is a drink that can provide several benefits and help you lose weight, as long as you drink it within a balanced diet and accompanied by a good exercise routine. Otherwise, it won’t provide any results.
Keep in mind that the healthiest beverage will always be water, so don’t limit yourself to this drink alone. Although it may be a recommended option in some cases, you shouldn’t use it as a substitute for water.
Remember that if you want to lose weight in a healthy and effective way, it’s best to consult with a nutritionist and follow their instructions.