Almond Banana Bread Recipe
Bread is a staple of many people’s diets. However, many have begun to avoid it, since it’s often prepared with refined grains high in carbohydrates. Are there alternatives? Of course. On this occasion, we decided to share how to make almond banana bread.
Unlike commercial bread, banana almond bread contains whole wheat flour, which is rich in dietary fiber. In addition, it contains a significant amount of other healthy additives, such as oats, valued for their important contribution of energy and essential nutrients.
Banana is a very popular fruit worldwide. Although experts questioned its consumption for a long time, at present, they recognize its benefits for digestion, heart health, or weight loss, among others. A medium banana (about 118 g) provides:
- Potassium. 9% of the Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA)
- Vitamin B6. 33% of the RDA.
- Vitamin C. 11% of the RDA.
- Magnesium. 8% of the RDA.
- Copper. 10% of the RDA.
- Manganese. 14% of the RDA.
- Net carbs. 24 grams.
- Fiber. 3.1 grams
- Protein. 1.3 grams
- Fat. 0.4 grams
We should mention that each banana contains only about 105 calories. Furthermore, its protein content is low and it contains almost no fat. In general, it’s a food rich in fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
Make sure you read: High Fiber, Low Sugar Banana Bread
Almonds are stars in this recipe, since they’re added both in their natural form and in vegetable milk. They have a smooth, delicious taste, which goes very well with the other ingredients. Nutritionally, every 28 grams (1 oz) of almonds provides:
- Fiber. 3.5 grams
- Protein. 6 grams
- Fat. 14 grams (9 of which are monounsaturated).
- Vitamin E. 37% of the RDA.
- Manganese. 32% of the RDA.
- Magnesium. 20% of the RDA.
- Also, they contain a decent amount of copper, vitamin B2 (riboflavin), and phosphorous.
A small handful provides approximately 161 calories. In addition, it contains about 2.5 grams of digestible carbohydrates and about 6 grams of protein.
Go ahead and read: Healthy Desserts: Three Regret-free Desserts
Preparation of almond banana bread
The preparation of almond banana bread is very simple and doesn’t take too much time. It contains almond milk, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, and other healthy ingredients that give it an exceptional flavor. The best part? It’s lower in calories than traditional bread.
In fact, since you’re going to use whole wheat flour instead of refined flour, it’s a recipe that provides significant amounts of fiber. Although you should eat it in moderate portions, it’s a great alternative to accompany your breakfasts and snacks. Let’s do it!
Ingredients (for 8 servings)
- 2 cups of oats (400 g)
- 2 cup of whole wheat flour (400 g)
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar or sugar substitute (100 g)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder (2.5 g)
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon (10 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt (2.5 g)
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips (50 g)
- 2 cups of organic almond milk (500 ml)
- 2 pieces of mashed banana
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla (5 ml)
- 3 tablespoons of melted margarine (45 g)
- 1/2 cup of filleted almonds (100 g)
Note: Try to choose chocolate with at least 60% cocoa – it’s healthier.
- For starters, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Next, in a deep mixing bowl, combine the oats with the whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and chocolate chips.
- Separately, in another container, add the almond milk, the banana, the egg, and the vanilla. Mix well and add the margarine. Don’t stop mixing.
- After that, add the oats and flour mixture to the previous mixture and continue beating until everything is well mixed in.
- After getting a smooth mixture, pour into a previously greased and floured brownie pan.
- Distribute well with the help of a spoon and, finally, cover with the almonds.
- Finally, bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the almond banana bread is well cooked.
- Let it cool and enjoy!
Do you fancy making this bread at home? As you just noticed, it’s primarily based on a combination of nutrient-dense healthy foods. However, you should keep in mind that it also contains fats and carbohydrates, so you should moderate your portions.