Recipes to Clean and Repair Your Colon
Would you like to clean and repair your colon for better health?
Your colon is the organ that moves and gets rid of all the waste your body doesn’t need.
A healthy colon equals a healthy body. After all, it’s key to keeping all of the other vital organs functioning as they should instead of being overwhelmed by the build-up of toxins.
Unhealthy lifestyles and poor eating habits can block up your colon and cause other health problems. These include abdominal cramps, constipation, inflammation, gas, difficulty losing weight, and even colon cancer.
Fortunately, there are some natural recipes that can clean out and repair your colon so you can prevent these kinds of problems.
Let’s take a look at them.
How to Maintain a Healthy Colon
Before we give you any recipes to naturally repair your colon, we would like to remind you of a few tips that can also help you maintain a healthy colon.
Eat more fiber
Experts suggest eating at least 40 grams of fiber a day to maintain a clean and healthy colon.
Vegetables, seeds, beans, nuts, fruits, and grains are just a few examples of some foods that are rich in fiber.
Choose your foods with care
To repair your colon, you should cut foods such as processed foods, sugar, white flour, alcohol, and caffeine. These all tend to block up the colon.
Then, you can substitute these foods with fruits and vegetables. Some of these include spinach, turnips, Brussel sprouts, chard, beets, carrots, zucchini, raspberries, cranberries, blackberries, figs, dates, pears, and many others.
Do You Have to Give Up Alcohol to Lose Weight?
Drink more water
Water is very important if you want to repair your colon.
Water promotes the elimination of toxins and waste that can keep it from functioning the way it should. It’s best to drink at least 8 cups of water a day.
Exercise also plays an important role in detoxifying the colon and other parts of the body. Some regular exercises you can try are yoga, swimming, and riding a bicycle, although the list is endless!
Now that you know how to maintain better colon health, let’s take a look at some recipes that can help you repair any damage.
Three Simple Recipes to Rebuild and Repair Your Colon
Aloe vera and lemon juice
This is a simple recipe to clean out your colon. It helps get rid of the toxins in your body, helps you lose weight, and even helps prevent cancer.
- 2 aloe vera leaves
- 5 lemons
- 5 teaspoons of honey
- 1 liter of water
How do you prepare it?
- First, mix the pulp from the cut aloe vera, lemon juice, water, and honey together.
- Blend it for a few minutes and pour it into a glass container.
- Refrigerate it, and drink it on an empty stomach.
A salad to clean out your colon
This delicious salad is perfect to naturally clean your colon and help you lose weight. Make it a regular addition to your diet.
- 1 1/2 cups of red cabbage
- 1 half chopped onion
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 stalk of shredded or chopped celery
- 3 medium-sized carrots
- 1/2 cup of zucchini cut into julienne strips
- 2 unpeeled apples cut into julienne strips
- 1/2 cup of cooked summer squash
- 1/2 cup of turnips
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Herbs of your choice (we recommend basil, oregano, ginger, rosemary, and thyme)
You might like:
How do you prepare it?
- Mix all of the ingredients together to make a salad.
- Add the herbs and season to taste with lemon, balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
Strawberry, pineapple, and parsley smoothie
This delicious smoothie is perfect for easing inflammation and getting rid of toxins that don’t let your colon function as it should.
The properties found in strawberry, pineapple, and parsley make this smoothie a powerful diuretic that’s rich in antioxidants.
- 6 strawberries
- 1 slice of fresh pineapple
- 1 spoonful of fresh parsley
How do you make it?
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and add a little water so they mix entirely.
- Blend the smoothie for a few minutes it’s smooth.
- Drink it on an empty stomach.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- García, P. (2008). Inflamación. Cienc.Exact.Fís.Nat. (Esp).
- Martínez Álvarez, J. R., Iglesias Rosado, C., Villarino Marín, A. L., Polanco Allué, I., Gil Gregorio, P., Ramos Cordero, P., … Legido Arce, J. C. (2008). Recomendaciones de bebida e hidrataciónpara la población española. Nutr. Clín. Diet. Hosp.
- Labianca, R., Beretta, G. D., Kildani, B., Milesi, L., Merlin, F., Mosconi, S., … Wils, J. (2010). Colon cancer. Critical Reviews in Oncology/Hematology. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.critrevonc.2010.01.010