7 Natural Remedies for a Flatter Stomach
Getting a flatter stomach isn’t easy. This is because it’s one of the parts of the body that unfortunately tends to store a lot of fat.
Healthy eating and exercise are great ways to lose fat in this area. However, they’re still not enough to fight belly fat in all cases or help us reach our ideal measurements. Because of this, our efforts to lose weight around our stomach must be continuous and should be complemented with some home remedies. These home remedies will speed up our metabolism and reduce bloating.
Although certain companies sell “fat-burning” products, science has proven that the best way to burn fat is by using natural methods. Fortunately, there’s a wide variety of ingredients you can mix and match to add to our diet in order to lose weight.
Next, we’d like to share 7 effective natural remedies with you. Try them out to see how they’ll help you get a flatter stomach!
1. Garlic-lemon remedy for a flatter stomach
this study conducted by the Shefa Neuroscience Research Centre
Therefore, as this food is anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial (as this study from Washington State University assures), it isn’t surprising that an infusion made with it to reduce inflammation and improves your health.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 lemons
- 2 qt. of water
- Bring the water to a boil. As the water boils, cut the garlic cloves into thin slices.
- Then, cut the lemons into several slices and add them to the pot of water along with the garlic.
- Let simmer for 15 minutes, and then turn off the heat.
- After letting the infusion stand, consume it on an empty stomach.
2. Pineapple-flaxseed for a flatter stomach
Pineapples contain very few calories and are full of nutrients that help you get a flatter stomach and lose weight.
Its bromelain, a type of digestive enzyme, controls constipation, stimulates protein digestion and also reduces inflammation, according to this study from Sri Ramachandra University in India.
Pineapple combined with the digestive and slimming properties of flaxseed is a good remedy against abdominal fat.
- 3 pineapple slices
- 1 tbsp. of flaxseed (10 g.)
- 2 tbsp. of honey (50 g.)
- ½ glass of water (100 ml.)
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend them until you get a smooth mixture.
- Drink this juice on an empty stomach or when you’re feeling anxious.
3. Green tea
Considered one of the most effective fat burners out there, green tea is a great way to get a flatter stomach without following strict diets.
Its significant contribution of catechins, vitamins, and minerals lowers cholesterol, as stated in this study conducted by the Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences.
However, this study conducted by Dalhousie University in Canada states that its capacity to eliminate fat is lower than what is believed. Thus, we recommend you continue reading the article to discover other alternatives.
- A green tea bag
- 1 cup of water (250 ml.)
- Bring a cup of water to a boil in a pot. After it boils, remove it from the heat and pour it over the green tea bag.
- Let stand for 10 minutes and then drink it.
- Avoid drinking more than 3 cups of green tea a day because it has a slight laxative effect.
4. Apple cider vinegar
The alkaline and anti-inflammatory properties of apple cider vinegar are beneficial for getting a flatter stomach in the long run, as reported in this study conducted by the Mizkan Group Corporation.
Moreover, its natural acids regulate the blood’s pH and support digestive processes, which allows the correct absorption of nutrients.
- 1 tbsp. of organic apple cider vinegar (10 ml.)
- 1 glass of warm water (200 ml.)
- Dilute the apple cider vinegar in a glass of warm water and mix well.
- Drink this mixture at least every two days.
We recommend reading The Health Benefits of Water with a Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
This honey-cinnamon infusion helps boost your metabolism (according to this study conducted by Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia). It can also improve your ability to burn fat. Furthermore, its digestive properties prevent uncomfortable gases and the accumulation of waste in the colon.
- Add a tablespoon of honey and a little cinnamon to a cup of boiling water.
- Stir until everything is dissolved, and let the mixture stand for 5 minutes.
- Drink this infusion twice a day for two weeks in a row.
6. Ginger, an ideal food for a flat stomach
Ginger is a root included in many traditional dishes from different countries. It has several beneficial properties for the body, including fat loss.
A recent study published in the journal Food Science and Biotechnology showed that the ethanolic extract of ginger has an effect on body weight. The plant in question is able to help decrease body weight, body mass index and fat level in people, so it can help you have a flat belly.
- 20 g. of fresh ginger
- 1 c. of water
- Optional: lemon and honey
- Chop the ginger in small pieces.
- Bring water to boil.
- Add ginger and remove from heat.
- Let cool before drinking.
- You can add honey and lemon to improve the taste of the tea.
- Consume this mixture 2 or 3 times a day.
7. Flax seeds for weight loss
Flax seeds are an ideal option for losing weight and improving your body composition. Likewise, they are rich in fiber, vitamin E, vitamin B and omega-3, which helps to improve the quality of health. In addition, it has a satiating effect, controls cravings for sweets, and allows toxins to be purified from the body.
Studies affirm that whole flaxseed is a good option for weight control, particularly for weight reduction in obese and overweight participants. For this reason, you can add flaxseeds to your daily diet or prepare beneficial natural remedies.
- Water (100 ml.)
- 1 tbsp. of ground flaxseed or ground flaxseed
- Place a case on the fire and add the cup of water.
- When boiling, add the tablespoon of flax seeds and leave for 10 minutes.
- Finally, remove from heat and let stand covered for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cool.
- Consume this preparation 2 to 3 times a day.
Finally, remember that none of these remedies are miraculous, nor can they produce extraordinary results. You need a combination of these remedies with several healthy habits for a flatter stomach.