How to Make Homemade Oat and Honey Soap to Hydrate Your Skin
Handmade oatmeal and honey soap is a natural product that helps hydrate your skin thanks to its gentle formula. Since some soaps have ingredients that can irritate or damage the skin, many people now look to this type of alternative to complement their beauty routine.
Would you like to make it at home? Although you can find this type of soaps available commercially, you also have the option of making it at home using 100% natural ingredients. In this article we’ll share information about its benefits and how to make it. Take notes!
Homemade oat and honey soap
Oatmeal and honey handmade soap has become popular for its ability to moisturize and revitalize the skin, especially in people who have problems with sensitivity and dryness. Its main ingredients, oatmeal, honey and glycerin, are known in the cosmetic industry for their skin care benefits.
However, we suggest a natural formula that can be applied on all skin types. It doesn’t alter the activity of the sebaceous glands and therefore doesn’t cause excess oil production or dryness. Before we start, take a look at the benefits of oatmeal and honey.
You may be interested in: The 10 Best Homemade Remedies To Moisturize Dry Skin
Benefits of oats for the skin
Dermatological studies have found that oatmeal has positive effects on some skin conditions. Although evidence is lacking, it is considered a safe ingredient.
Oatmeal is used by the cosmetics industry as one of the best ingredients for protecting the skin against the attacks it receives from the environment. A review published in the Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology highlighted that oatmeal:
- has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- helps reduce the symptoms of diseases such as pruritus and atopic dermatitis.
- acts against skin eruptions such as acne.
- helps fight viral infections.
- gives protection against ultraviolet rays.
Benefits of honey for the skin
Like oatmeal, evidence supports the positive effects of honey on the skin. It can even provide protection against some dermatological problems.
Honey has been considered a natural cosmetic for hundreds of years. In a review published in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, this ingredient is recognized as having therapeutic potential in the treatment of various skin conditions.
In addition, it contains proteins and amino acids, vitamins, enzymes, minerals and other components that nourish skin tissue. It’s known to be useful for the following:
- Helping to hydrate the skin.
- Reducing inflammation and tissue irritation.
- Maintaining youthful skin.
- Preventing the appearance of premature wrinkles.
- Regulating skin pH.
- Reducing the risk of skin infections.
- Protecting the skin from ultraviolet rays.
- Improving the healing process.
How to make this homemade oat and honey soap
Both oatmeal and skin are safe for all skin types. In fact, they are recommended in case of dryness.
To make the most of the benefits of oats and honey, here’s a simple recipe for combining them into a homemade soap.
Note: make sure to get hold of 100% organic honey, because many non-organic honeys are made with sugar and don’t have the same properties.
- 1 bar of glycerine soap
- 3 tablespoons of honey (75 g)
- 3 tablespoons of oatmeal (30 g)
- 1 vitamin E capsule
- Heat-resistant bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Soap molds
- Put the bar of glycerine soap in the heat-resistant bowl and melt it in the microwave or over a double-boiler.
- When it has melted, add the honey and oatmeal.
- Stir with with a wooden spoon.
- Make sure you mix it well and then add the contents of the vitamin E capsule.
- Leave it to stand at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Pour it into the soap molds.
- Wait for it to fully solidify, then take it out of the molds and proceed to use it.
Method of use
- Wet your skin and rub the soap into it with gentle circular massaging motions.
- Allow its components to act for 3 to 5 minutes then rinse.
- Use every day.
Handmade soap to take care of your skin
Making this handmade soap can be a useful way to complement your beauty routine. It’s gentle, matches the skin’s pH and the properties of its ingredients help hydrate the skin. Try it!It might interest you...