How to Make a Natural Parsley Soap to Reduce Facial Blemishes
According to FEN experts, fresh parsley has many more properties and flavor than dry parsley. In fact, it easily loses its properties. Therefore, it's best to use fresh parsley.
When it comes to evening out your skin tone and removing spots or freckles, it’s best to consult a dermatologist. A professional can best determine what’s appropriate for each case. Additionally, some consider the use of certain elements, such as natural parsley soap, helpful.
Below, we’ll share the recipe for this proposed skin care products and other interesting aspects around it.
Of course, firstly, you should keep in mind that you should always follow your dermatologist’s instructions. In addition, you must maintain good lifestyle habits. To have healthy skin, you shouldn’t rely solely on the application of a specific remedy or product.
More about natural parsley soap for facial blemishes
Parsley soap is a natural product that combines the properties of this wonderful herb with other healthy ingredients.
According to data from the Spanish Nutrition Foundation (FEN), parsley is a source of protein, fiber, calcium, iron, potassium, vitamin A, thiamine folates, flavonoids, myristicin, and apiol. Therefore, some consider it useful as a skin care product.
It’s believed that it can help to deep clean pores, remove dead skin cells and, in turn, reduce blemishes. Also, it’s believed that, due to its flavonoid and vitamin C content, it could favor collagen and elastin production, which are essential for skin health.
Natural parsley soap recipe
To make parsley soap, you need to combine this herb with healthy ingredients for the skin such as oats, green tea, milk, and honey.
This mixture is believed to have lightening, exfoliating, and restorative properties. Therefore, when used on a regular basis, it could help improve your skin’s appearance, in particular by reducing impurities and evening out skin tone.
- 2 tablespoons of milk powder (20 g)
- ½ cup infusion of parsley (125 ml)
- ½ cup infusion of green tea (125 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal (20 g)
- 6 tablespoons of glycerin soap (60 g)
- 2 tablespoons of organic honey (50 g)
- Use two or three tablespoons of the parsley and green tea plants to prepare each infusion, using half a cup of water for each.
- Once they’re warm or at a suitable temperature, then pour in the milk powder, oatmeal, and spoonfuls of honey.
- After that, mix everything with the help of a wooden utensil and stir until you get a smooth paste.
- Then, take the glycerin soap and melt it in a bain-marie.
- When it becomes liquid, turn off the heat and mix it with the other ingredients until it cools.
- Put the product in some molds and then let it sit for 2 or 3 hours to solidify.
How to use it
- Since it’s a natural soap and without preservatives, you shouldn’t soak it in water because it’ll lose its consistency more easily.
- Instead, moisten your hands and rub the soap on them until you get foam.
- Make sure your skin is free of makeup.
- Rub the product onto the areas of your face which have blemishes on them and then leave it on for five minutes.
- Rinse the product off with cold water and then use it at least four times a week.
- Use a moisturizing cream and sunscreen daily to complement this product.
Before you use it, consult a dermatologist
Although it’s said that this simple homemade soap can contribute to skin health, it’s best to consult with your dermatologist before applying it, since the professional can determine what’s best for your skin.