How to Make Decorative and Aromatic Glycerin Soaps
Homemade glycerin soaps have many advantages compare commercially-made soaps. In fact, this is because glycerin is a by-product of soaps with many properties, one of which is moisturizing.
Glycerin is gelatinous at room temperature and is soft to the touch. It’s clear in color. Therefore, it’s very easy to decorate these homemade soap to make them beautiful. Also, you can use natural products to add great scents.
Have Fun Making Glycerin Soaps
Using glycerin soaps has many advantages, both for your skin and for your body in general. These are just some of them. Glycerin soap:
- Hydrates your skin, since it’s a powerful moisturizer.
- Boosts the process of skin regeneration. By moisturizing the deep layers of skin, it helps fight dry skin. Additionally, it helps heal wounds or burns.
- Has antibacterial properties, so it will deeply cleanse your skin’s pores.
- Prevents the appearance of acne.
Making glycerin soaps is lots of fun, and you can make them in all different shapes: circles, hearts, or small rectangles. You just need silicon molds in the shape you want.
In addition, you can add dyes and additives so they’re beautiful and smell great.
Soaps with Flower Petals and Essential Oils
If you want to make a personalized and original gift, try this great idea. These are soaps in different shapes and colors with flowers inside. You can personalize them for the person you’re giving them to.
- Microwave-safe material
- Glycerin soap base (2/3 pound)
- Silicon molds in different shapes (3)
- Flower petals
- Rubbing alcohol
- Spray bottle
- Essential oils for soap
- Thin wooden stick
- Plastic wrap
- First, fill the spray bottle with rubbing alcohol. Then, set it aside to use later.
- After, cut the glycerin into pieces (if it’s a block) and place it into the microwavable container.
- Then, heat it for a few seconds in the microwave until it melts.
- Stir it with the wooden stick.
- After, quickly add two drops of essential oils and the colorant of your choice.
- Next, stir again with the wooden stick.
- Then, pour it into the silicon mold.
- Add the flower petals and spread them all over the mold.
- Again, stir with the wooden stick.
- Then, if bubbles form, spray alcohol to get rid of them.
- Let it cool and harder for 2 hours. Then, release the soaps gently from the old.
Wrap them in plastic wrap so you can preserve them better. To give as a gift, wrap them in clear cellophane and add a bow. Or, you could wrap it in a piece of decorative paper and tie it with twine.
Also read: 5 Essential Oils And Their Benefits
Glycerin Soaps with Oranges
If you like the way oranges smell, you can make soaps with bits of orange peels. They bring a special color to them and add a bit of citrus aroma. Therefore, what you should do is remove and scratch an orange peel and let it dry in the sun for a couple of days.
Then, make the soap following these instructions:
- Peel from a scratched and dried orange
- Clear glycerin (2/3 pound)
- Silicon molds
- Rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle
- Orange colorant for soap
- First, place some of the orange peel in each mold.
- Then, place the glycerin in the microwave until it melts (2 or 3 seconds).
- Remove it from the microwave, add the colorant and stir it well.
- Next, pour the glycerin in the silicon molds.
- Then, with the wooden stick, stir the glycerin and the orange peels.
- Get rid of any bubbles by spraying it with rubbing alcohol.
- Let it cool for two hours, then remove them from the molds.
Don’t hesitate to make these beautiful glycerin soaps for yourself or as gifts. They’re easy to make, and glycerin has many great properties. You can add the scents and colors that you want so you can personalize them.
Let us know what colors and scents you made and how they turned out!It might interest you...