Oatmeal Mask with Brewer’s Yeast for Hair and Skin
Environmental factors like the weather or pollution, combined with internal factors such as aging, bad habits, and poor nutrition, can have a significant impact on your hair and skin. That’s where this oatmeal mask comes into play.
You can naturally prevent the deterioration of hair and skin, and improve your appearance with this oatmeal mask.
In today’s article, discover this simple oatmeal mask made with brewer’s yeast that will add moisture, shine, and youthfulness to your hair and face.
How do you benefit from a mask?
Although you might use toners and moisturizers every day, sometimes your skin needs an extra dose of nutrients because it’s constantly exposed to factors that damage it and cause you to age prematurely.
Masks can provide you with a few minutes of relaxation, during which time you can rest and allow your skin’s pores to absorb the nutrients from the ingredients you choose.
Additionally, you can also use ingredients that you wouldn’t normally include in your daily skin care routine.
It’s a better idea to make a mask at home than buy one. This way, the mask is more natural and free from additives, as well as being specifically created for your skin type.
Although some of the masks we’ve described are for particular skin types, others are recommended for anyone.
Natural ingredients for an oatmeal mask
Also, the advantage of choosing natural ingredients is that you can avoid other substances that might be harmful to your health. These substances could be parabens, paraffins, and other petroleum derivatives.
These compounds are a soluble fiber that has emollient properties, meaning that they hydrate and protect your skin and hair. Also, they prevent skin and hair from drying out.
This is very suitable for people with sensitive skin or acne.
Oats also contain many nutrients that revitalize the skin and hair, including the B group of vitamins, vitamin E, and minerals like zinc, iron, magnesium, and calcium.
The texture of ground oats gently exfoliates your skin to remove any dead cells that build up in the skin’s outer layers, giving it an aged or dull look.
Brewer’s yeast is an excellent nutritional supplement for health and beauty, which nourishes you from the inside and out.
It’s rich in B vitamins and minerals (iron, chromium, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, sulfur, calcium, zinc, selenium).
- This supplement is great for removing impurities from the skin and preventing acne, because its sulfur content makes it a powerful cleanser.
- Selenium also acts as an excellent antioxidant to fight cellular aging.
When you consume or apply brewer’s yeast, you get more shine and hydration. When it comes to your hair, it will also prevent hair loss and strengthen the hair from the roots when added to this oatmeal mask.
Visit this article: The brewer’s yeast diet
Oatmeal and brewer’s yeast mask
And, thanks to these two ingredients, which are balancing, cleansing, and emollient, your skin’s natural oil content will be regulated without drying out your face or leaving it looking shiny.
Also, it’s very suitable for all hair types, because it controls the production of sebum to keep hair hydrated, adding shine and softness from the first application.
To make this oatmeal mask with brewer’s yeast you’ll need the following:
- 2 tablespoons of ground oats (20 g)
- 1 tablespoon of brewer’s yeast (10 g)
- Water (as needed)
- Optional: add three drops of an essential oil of your choice (lavender, orange, mint, lemon, rose, cinnamon, etc.) to enhance the relaxing effects and the benefits of the mask.
What should you do?
- First, mix the ground oats and the brewer’s yeast. Then, add the water little by little until you obtain a homogeneous paste.
- The oatmeal mask shouldn’t be too solid, as that would make application more difficult. Also be sure it’s not too runny, to avoid drips.
- It’s essential to apply this oatmeal mask slowly, as relaxation will help improve its absorption.