How to Strengthen Knee Tendons and Ligaments
Tendons and ligaments are critical components of the body’s structure, particularly where they relate to mobility of the knees, for example. They connect the muscles to the bones, facilitating proper joint function.
If you have put a lot of strain on your knees and are suffering from pain, this article might interest you. You should know that your knee tendons and ligaments require proper nutrition to give them all the necessary vitamins and minerals that keep them strong. This in turn helps improve your quality of life and reduce pain. Find out more with us.
1. Remedy that’s high in collagen to strengthen knee tendons and ligaments
We’ll start with a great piece of advice: unflavored gelatin is something you should always have on hand at the house. Why? Because gelatin is an excellent way to nourish the tendons and ligaments, along with your hair, nails, and skin. Unflavored, natural gelatin is the healthiest choice because it contains a higher ratio of what’s known as “collagen protein.”
This strengthens the knee tendons and ligaments, makes your hair look better hydrated, and your nails will also be stronger. Don’t hesitate to try the following recipe:
What do you need for this gelatin treatment?
- 1 ripe banana
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons of unflavored gelatin (40 grams)
- 2 tablespoons of honey (60 grams)
How do you make it?
- Start out by juicing your orange. Then peel the banana and mash it. You should choose a banana that’s perfectly ripe, because it has the most nutrients that are ideal for strengthening the tendons and ligaments. In addition, you already know that bananas provide natural energy and protein, along with carbohydrates that revitalize the body. Adding the vitamin C from oranges gives you a “medicinal cocktail” that you should try to remember to take at least twice a week. Add the honey to your mashed banana, and then it’s time to prepare your gelatin. Dissolve it first in water, then heat it using a double boiler to improve its consistency. You should also warm the orange juice slightly, and add the gelatin to it slowly to prevent lumps from forming.
- Now you need to choose a suitable mold. Pour in the gelatin and orange juice mixture and place it in your fridge. Let it set for 15 to 20 minutes. Once that time is up, remove your mold and turn it upside down on a plate where you’ll also add the banana and honey mixture. It’s a delicious dessert!
2. Treatment with oatmeal, pineapple, and cinnamon
What do you need for this oatmeal, pineapple, and cinnamon recipe?
- 1 cup quick cooking oats (150 grams)
- 250 ml water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of honey (40 grams)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (7 grams)
- 2 tablespoons of crushed almonds (40 grams)
How do you make it?
- This smoothie is rich in magnesium, silica, vitamin C, and bromelain. It’s the pineapple that contains this last compound, bromelain, which is great for fighting the classic inflammation that results from knee problems. To make this recipe as effective as possible, you should drink it every morning with your breakfast. It’s easy to make and it fights both pain and inflammation while nourishing the tendons and ligaments of the knee.
- Start out by bringing the water to a boil and then add the quick cooking oats. Stir them in gently and allow them to cook. Then add the pineapple juice, orange juice, honey, cinnamon, almonds, and oats to the blender.
- Process until smooth and homogeneous. If you add an ice cube or two it will taste even better. Did you try yours today?
3. Lemon and nettle remedy
What do you need?
- 80 grams of nettle
- The juice from 1 lemon
- 1 liter of water
How do you make it?
- This recipe is an easy one to prepare. You can consume this nettle-based treatment three times a week. To make it you just prepare a liter of tea that you can drink throughout the day. Nettle is rich in silica and magnesium, as well as potassium and chlorophyll, which are excellent for strengthening the tendons and ligaments of the body. How could you pass this simple one up?
- Start by boiling the liter of water. Add the nettle, and it doesn’t matter if you use fresh herb or dried nettle. Let the mixture steep for about 15 minutes.
- Now strain off the liquid into a glass bottle for storage. Cover and let sit for an hour. After that time you can drink the first cup of this tea at room temperature, then put it back on the heat. Add a few drops of lemon juice and two tablespoons of honey. It has a strong flavor, but with the natural sweetener it will taste better. Remember, drink this nettle and lemon treatment three times a week and see how much the health of your knee improves.