Garlic Honey-Lemon Remedy for the Immune System
Some people claim that the combination of garlic honey-lemon helps strengthen the immune system and optimizes overall health.
Some say that the combination of garlic honey-lemon is a mediator of good health and you can enjoy it on a daily basis. It’s definitely on the list of grandma’s home remedies as it can help relieve discomforts such as sore throat, for example. You must keep in mind that it isn’t a miraculous solution. Specifically, people attribute antimicrobial, antibacterial, and antiviral properties to these ingredients.
Some people claim this remedy is a good expectorant capable of strengthening the immune system. This is why many people use it to prevent and relieve colds, flu, and other conditions.
Benefits associated with the consumption of garlic honey-lemon
The garlic honey-lemon remedy is quite popular and you can enjoy it in many ways. Eat a spoonful, dilute it in water, add it to a tea or some other infusion, or just blend it with other ingredients.
1. It supports your immune system
Since claims indicate that both honey and garlic have antifungal and antimicrobial properties, this remedy can supposedly strengthen the immune system.
The components of lemon peel (citronella, citric acid, malic acid, formic acid, and hesperidin) also make these properties “potent.”
2. It improves blood circulation
There’s no evidence that the consumption of any of these ingredients can improve blood circulation or regulate blood pressure. However, some people claim this remedy can provide such benefits. This is due to the antioxidants and flavonoids contained both in lemon and garlic.
3. It provides energy
It’s a good idea to eat honey early in the morning due to its high-calorie content. Either by itself or mixed with other ingredients. It’ll provide the necessary energy to start the day.
Some people recommend a spoonful of the garlic honey-lemon before training in order to make the most of its sugar content.
4. It’s good for getting rid of a cough
Due to its texture and composition, honey can contribute to the relief of throat pain and irritation. In fact, it’s more effective in combination with ingredients that have antibacterial properties, such as garlic and lemon.
Garlic honey-lemon remedy
You only need the following ingredients and utensils in order to make garlic honey and lemon at home.
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 1 glass jar with a lid
- The peel of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 c. of honey
- Optional: cinnamon (stick or powder), fresh ginger, or orange slices
- Firstly, mince or crush the garlic
- Secondly, pour the honey into the glass jar and add the garlic
- Next, cut the lemon peel into several pieces and add them to the jar along with the other ingredients
- Then, put the lid on and keep in a cool, dark place for three days
- After this time, you’ll have an incredibly good-for-you remedy.
How to use it
- You can take a spoonful daily before breakfast to obtain the energy you need to start the day
- You can also dilute the spoonful in a glass of warm water; either before breakfast and without food.
Can you have garlic honey-lemon daily?
This garlic honey-lemon remedy is a dietary supplement and only appropriate as part of a healthy lifestyle; always in moderation. It won’t benefit your health otherwise.
Finally, given the high caloric content of honey, nutrition professionals don’t recommend eating large amounts of it.