How to Breathe Better by Making this Nutritious Garlic Honey
Did you know that garlic honey can help you breathe better?
Your respiratory system can be affected by environmental toxins, eating poorly, and other external factors that cause irritation and the breakdown the tissues.
It’s different for each individual depending on how their immune system is working. However, the general symptoms can really hinder your quality of life.
The biggest problem is that the viruses and bacteria end up causing infections. Plus, in serious cases, they cause inflammation that makes breathing difficult and keeps oxygen and nutrients from getting to your lungs the way they should.
That’s why it’s so important to watch your habits. You should always make an effort to eat well and meet all of the nutritional requirements of your respiratory system.
Natural remedies can help, as well. They can strengthen your immune system while clearing your respiratory airways at the same time.
Below, we’d like to recommend this super-nutritious garlic honey recipe. It’s well-known for being a powerful antibiotic, expectorant, and anti-inflammatory remedy.
It’s easy to make, and for a very low cost it can help will all kinds of respiratory issues.
Read on and try it!
Garlic honey for a healthy respiratory system
Garlic honey is a traditional ancient remedy that has been used to treat respiratory problems.
As you can tell from its name, it’s made with honey and garlic cloves and forms a natural syrup with antibiotic and detoxifying powers.
The benefits of honey
Organic honey is a beloved productin both natural medicine and gastronomy, as well as in the beauty world.F
- First of all, it has been used for centuries in natural remedies, especially for infections, respiratory problems, and digestion issues.
- In addition, it is a significant source of enzymes and antioxidants that work together with its vitamins and minerals to help keep your immune system up and fighting.
- It also contains natural sugars, which increase your energy levels, prevent fatigue and speed up your body’s recovery when you’re sick.
- In addition, the antiviral and antibiotic compounds in honey help get rid of infection-causing microorganisms. At the same time, they create a barrier to protect you from future attacks.
- Plus, it’s a natural expectorant and anti-inflammatory, meaning it helps with excess phlegm along with throat pain and congestion.
Advantages of garlic
Due to its high concentration of nutrients, garlic is amazing for your health for so many reasons.
It may be best-known for its uses in the kitchen, but it has also been used medicinally for thousands of years.
- Garlic contains a substance called allicin, which acts as an anti-inflammatory and antibiotic, helping with respiratory infections.
- It keeps a wide variety of viruses and bacteria from growing in your body, thus preventing many kinds of health problems.
- In addition, garlic is a classic remedy for a sore throat, sneezing, and other respiratory issues, because consuming it helps cleanse your system.
- It has been attributed anti-cancer properties. Garlic may have benefits for those at risk of lung cancer.
- Finally, garlic even helps improve asthma, bronchitis, and other chronic respiratory health issues.
“Take a look at this article, too: How to Treat Bronchitis Naturally”
How can I make garlic honey at home?
If you want to enjoy the goodness of garlic honey, it’s very important to make sure you’re using 100% organic honey.
That’s because refined honey contains extra sugar and doesn’t have the same nutritional profile.
- 3 heads of garlic
- 1 cup organic honey (335 g)
- Glass jar with top
- Wooden spoon
- First, put the garlic through a garlic press or mash them until it forms a thick paste.
- Then, add it all to a glass jar and then cover with the honey.
- Next, stir the ingredients with a wooden spoon until it’s evenly mixed.
- Finally, seal the jar and place it in a cool, dark place for 7 days.
How to consume
- After this time, have a tablespoon of garlic honey first thing in the morning, every day.
- If you’re having respiratory issues, have 3 to 5 tablespoons a day.
- If you like, add it to warm water to make it go down easier.
It’s no miraculous concoction. However, this natural syrup can indeed help keep your immune system strong and prevent more serious health problems.
Follow the instructions and keep it on hand.It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Porter, A. (1994). Implications of introduced garlic mustard (Alliaria petiolata) in the habitat of Pieris virginiensis (Pieridae). Journal of the Lepidopterists’ Society. https://doi.org/10.3390/v7062772
- Organización Mundial de la Salud. (2013). Acerca de la enfermedades respiratorias crónicas.
- Bernstein, J. A., Alexis, N., Barnes, C., Bernstein, I. L., Bernstein, J. A., Nel, A., … Williams, P. B. (2004). Health effects of air pollution. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaci.2004.08.030
- Chapman, R. S., Shy, C. M., Finklea, J. F., House, D. E., Goldberg, H. E., & Hayes, C. G. (1973). Chronic respiratory disease. Archives of Environmental Health. https://doi.org/10.1080/00039896.1973.10666342