8 Foods That Can Protect Your Arteries
If you want to protect your arteries, it’s essential to maintain a healthy diet with controlled levels of fat and calories.
The industry has invaded the market with a great quantity of processed food products. However, it’s best to choose healthy, organic alternatives that offer the nutrients that your body needs.
Although we may ignore it, eating industrial foods triggers weight gain. Subsequently, it causes the accumulation of cholesterol and arterial deterioration.
For this reason, it’s recommended to improve your diet, limit your intake of salt and processed foods and increase your intake of foods that help protect your arteries.
In this article, we want to share the 8 main foods that help protect your arteries so that you can eat them regularly.
1. Olive oil
First of all, including extra virgin olive oil in your daily diet is one of the habits that can help prevent the hardening and deterioration of your arteries.
- Its significant content of fatty acids and antioxidant compounds helps minimize the harmful effects of free radicals and excess cholesterol.
2. Chia seeds, among the best foods that can protect your arteries
Next, chia seeds have become popular as a supplement for weight loss.
However, it’s also worth mentioning that they are one of the best foods for protecting cardiovascular health.
These seeds contain small doses of omega 3 fatty acids and essential amino acids. Once assimilated by the body, these increase the elasticity of the arteries and prevent the accumulation of cholesterol plaques.
Tomatoes contain an antioxidant known as lycopene. This offers significant benefits for the cardiovascular and circulatory systems.
Eating tomatoes reduces your levels of bad cholesterol (LDL). Plus, it also regulates the inflammatory processes that influence increases in blood pressure.
Next, oats are one of the most complete foods that you can include in your diet.
They contain dietary fiber, carbohydrates and essential amino acids. In addition to increasing your energy, these also improve cardiac and artery health.
Oats are ideal for controlling high levels of cholesterol and, among other things, they help improve the digestion of fats.
Blueberries have become popular due to their anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties.
- Overall, their high content of vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber improves metabolic activity. Plus, it also contributes to cleansing the arteries.
- In addition, they’re recommended for reducing the excessive accumulation of cholesterol and triglycerides. These are two fats that are associated with arterial deterioration and the main cardiac diseases.
Next, salmon is a good source of omega 3 and amino acids. These reduce arterial damage and the risk of cardiovascular health problems.
- Overall, eating salmon at least twice a week increases the presence of good cholesterol (HDL) in the arteries. Thus, it reduces the accumulation of harmful fats like bad cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides.
- In addition, its nutrients reduce the level of inflammation of the tissues and stimulate the blood flow, thus preventing hypertension.
We recommend you read: The Benefits of Eating Salmon and a Great Recipe
In addition, almonds, peanuts and many other nuts have become popular as healthy snacks to control food anxiety.
However, what many people don’t realize is that, as well as prolonging the sensation of being full, these foods also benefit arterial and cardiovascular health.
- They offer a small amount of omega 3, a healthy fatty acid that promotes the cleansing of the arteries and the elimination of bad cholesterol (LDL).
- Plus, their significant calorie provision increases energy levels and improves physical and mental performance.
- Finally, they contain amino acids that protect your arteries, preventing disorders related to inflammation and excess weight.
Finally, ginger is a food that is traditionally used to prepare natural remedies.
- It contains active substances with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. These minimize the effect of oxidative stress and fats in the body.
- In addition, it also helps to reduce the formation of cholesterol plaques and promotes the cleansing of the blood.
- Finally, its principal active ingredient, gingerol, improves blood circulation and prevents the premature hardening and deterioration of the arteries.
Do you have high cholesterol? Are you worried about suffering from cardiovascular diseases? If you still haven’t started protecting your arteries, increase your consumption of these foods and find out for yourself how good they are for preventing these health problems.
Of course, for best results, make sure to maintain a healthy, balanced diet, accompanied by plenty of water and exercise.