Remove Foot Calluses with this Onion and White Vinegar Treatment
Through frequent application of this vinegar and onion treatment you can eliminate bacteria from your feet and soften foot calluses and corns.
Foot calluses and corns are hard spots that form on the feet as a result of wearing uncomfortable shoes, constant friction, or excessive pressure.
It’s one of the most common aesthetic problems in the population today and generally occurs in the lower part of the food or under the big toe.
While they don’t affect your health directly, if left untreated, foot calluses can cause the skin to crack and make you susceptible to infections.
In addition to this, as time goes on, they tend to become painful, especially if your feet are still exposed to the factors that caused your foot calluses in the first place.
The good news is that there are 100% natural methods to fight them effectively, without spending lots of money on expensive products.
This is the case with this onion and vinegar treatment, which has properties that eliminate bacteria and soften your skin.
Give it a try!
Natural onion and white vinegar treatment for foot calluses
To remove foot calluses, you need to first soften the hard skin and remove dead skin cells that have built up there.
Onions are a vegetable with natural acids that support this process when applied topically.
While its strong smell isn’t the most enjoyable, the onion’s wonderful antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties make it worthwhile for use.
It contains a significant amount of vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, and folic acid, which are essential for maintaining healthy skin.
Onions are also a source of sulphur compounds that have antioxidizing action to promote cellular activity and minimize the negative effects of free radicals.
The natural juice from onions hydrates dry areas of the skin, fights bacteria that causes infections, and softens the feet.
In addition to this, when you combine onion with the properties of white vinegar you get a complete treatment for fighting this problem.
Vinegar contains acetic acid as well as vitamins that help soften the skin without altering your body’s natural pH.
How do you make this onion and white vinegar treatment?
This home remedy is a great solution for most of the problems that affect the feet: calluses, corns, fungi, and blisters.
Although the effects aren’t as rapid as some medications or pharmaceutical products, you’ll achieve good results if you use it on a regular basis.
- 1 medium onion
- ¾ cup of white vinegar (150 ml)
- 1 glass container
- Plastic wrap (as much as needed)
- 1 piece of cotton
- Peel and wash the onion to remove any germs that are on its surface.
- Cut it into several slices and soak it in the white vinegar in a bowl.
- Let this sit for 4-8 hours, and apply it before going to bed.
How to use it
- Dip the cotton in this mixture and rub it on the foot calluses.
- After they’re completely covered, put the cotton on the calluses using clear plastic wrap.
- Put on socks and leave this mixture on overnight.
- The next day, rinse the area with warm water and rub the callus with a pumice stone.
- Repeat this procedure for seven days or until the callus disappears completely.
Tips for best results…
- Remember that warm and humid environments are perfect for the appearance of calluses and fungi: try to avoid them.
- Under no circumstances should you use tweezers, nail clippers, or any similar device to remove a callus.
- Wear flat and well-ventilated footwear, at least while you’re using this treatment to remove calluses.
- Try to limit your use of high heels, as they are one of the most common causes of this problem.
- To keep your new footwear from irritating your skin, apply a little lotion or Vaseline prior to their use.
- Disinfect your feet regularly by soaking them in a bowl with apple cider vinegar and water.
- Add a foot exfoliant to your daily beauty routine.
Are those unsightly foot calluses still bothering you? Follow the advice in this article, try out this treatment, and see if it helps soften them.
Keep in mind that you need to be patient in order to achieve the desired results, and above all, be consistent with the application of this treatment.