We tend to forget just how hard our feet work and often neglect to give them the care and attention they deserve. Everyone should take more steps to care for their skin to keep it healthy and to prevent infection.
Keeping them smooth and looking great means practicing proper hygiene and personal care, especially when you want to wear revealing footwear.
Unfortunately, many people don’t know how to properly care for their feet or what to do if they develop problems. This tends to lead to discomfort and problems likes calluses, cracked heels and fungal infections.
Luckily, there are a few all natural remedies to combat these problems and restore and refresh your feet in no time. Among these remedies, we find the lemon peels that most people throw away have some of the best benefits for your feet.
Today on our page we’ll explain the positive effects they’ll have on your foot health and show you how to use them.
Are you ready to give this all natural remedy a try?
Lemon peels for healthy feet
Most people just throw lemons peels in the trash without the least idea of the hidden properties they contain. Experts tell us that they contain up to ten times more vitamin C than the juice, on top of essential oils and powerful antioxidants.
Many of beneficial properties of lemon peels can be enjoyed by taking it internally, as it’s believed to be able to treat and prevent several types of disease. For our purposes, we’re going to use lemon peels externally, to repair dry, damaged skin on the feet.
- 1 large lemon
- 1 pair of socks
- Cut the lemon in half so that the two halves will fit perfectly over your heels.
- Completely squeeze the juice from the peel before applying to the affected area.
- Press onto your heels so they fit snugly.
- Put on a pair of tight socks and go to bed.
- Remember that this treatment needs to work overnight because the lemon peels need several hours to do their job.
What type of results should I expect?
- After two or three nights you’ll start to notice a significant change in the health of your feet. Calluses will feel softer and cracked heels will begin to heal.
- Total relief from these conditions will depend on how consistent you are with treatment.
Grated lemon peels and petroleum jelly for your feet
The combination of lemon peels and petroleum jelly is another alternative remedy to accelerate the healing of hard, cracked feet.
Both work to naturally exfoliate the feet and remove dead cells and other impurities that contribute to dryness.
Petroleum jelly is one of the most recommended natural products for moisturizing this part of the body as it protects the skin and retains moisture.
- 1 tablespoon petroleum jelly
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peels
- 1 cloth wrap
- Freeze a lemon and then grate the peel.
- Mix this ingredient with the tablespoon of petroleum jelly to make a cream.
- Rub the mixture on your feet and wrap with cloth.
- Let work overnight and rinse first thing in the morning.
What type of results should I expect?
- By using this remedy just two or three times a week, you’ll have softer feet that are well-moisturized and protected.
- Use this as a part of your pedicure routine in place of conventional exfoliants.
Want to know more? Read: 12 Cosmetic Uses for Vaseline
Tips for best results
For the best results with these remedies, remember to wear comfortable and breathable shoes. The majority of foot problems are caused by wearing improper footwear.
After bathing and before putting on shoes, apply plenty of moisturizing cream.
For really thick calluses, soak the feet in warm water and rub with a pumice stone.
Finally, remember that the nails also require special attention. Keep them away from moist environments and protect them from fungus.