Both beets and carrots are rich in vitamins and have antioxidant properties that promote blood circulation. Beets also stabilize intestinal movement.
If there’s any smoothie out there that’s healthy and beneficial, it’s the beet and carrot smoothie. Not only is it refreshing and pleasant-tasting, but if drank regularly it can also cleanse the blood, leading to better liver health.
Day to day, without us even realizing it, our body receives a large amount of toxins. Improper diet, medications, environmental contamination, and even stress are all daily enemies that make liver functioning difficult.
So we invite you to practice better life habits starting today, which should not go without this simple beet and carrot smoothie. Are you ready?
Beets for cleansing the blood and liver
Beets for curing the liver and enjoying much cleaner blood? Yes, it is possible. We could simply tell you that beets are much more than just a vegetable, but in order to show you, you’ll have to know the following information:
Rich in antioxidants
I’m sure you’re already used to hearing just how healthy or necessary antioxidants are for the body, but what is it that these natural elements truly do?
- They fight premature aging.
- They care for cellular health, strengthening the cells. This is essential for liver health, for example.
- Antioxidants stop the effects of free radicals, protecting tissues and optimizing general health.
- They regulate blood pressure.
Beets are one of the vegetables that are richest in antioxidants. They contain beta-carotenes, carotenoids, and flavonoids. They are what gives it their attractive crimson color, and what acts as effective liver cleansers, especially if suffering from fatty liver disease.
In 2012, for example, an interesting clinical study was published in the New England Journal of Medicine that revealed that people who suffer from Fatty Liver Disease showed significant improvements after just a few months of consuming beet juice.
Fat levels in the liver were reduced, as well as inflammation.
Activates metabolism and breaks down fats
This beet and carrot smoothie will help you lose weight little by little while also enjoying an energizing drink. It’s perfect for starting the day or for drinking before meals.
- Beets are rich in fiber. This helps “pull out” all those toxins present in the intestines that make it difficult to correctly absorb nutrients.
- It improves intestinal movement.
- It prevents fatty lipids from being stored in liver cells.
- Beets activate metabolism and optimize lymphatic system functioning.
Beets cleanse the blood and protect the heart
Since antiquity, beet juice has been used to improve blood health and to strengthen it. In fact, this truth has continued to give us good results today.
- Beets are rich in potassium and help stabilize hypertension.
- They reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) levels in blood.
- Beet juice is very rich in nutrients, like magnesium, phosphorus, folic acid, and vitamins A, B, and C.
Carrots to cleanse the blood and liver
If there’s one thing that everyone knows about carrots, it’s that they are good for the eyes and good for tanning. But these vegetables are much more than that.
- Regular carrot consumption stimulates correct blood circulation.
- Carrots contain an important amount of vitamins (A, B, C, and E), along with minerals and antioxidant compounds. And the most important part…they hardly have any calories!
- If there is just one vitamin essential in caring for, optimizing, and regenerating liver cells, it’s complex B vitamins. Carrots contain a good amount of these, without needing to consume animal products.
- They are also rich in potassium and phosphorus, two good revitalizers for the blood and nerves.
- The mother cells in carrots are rich in provitamin A. When this reaches the blood stream, it is transformed into retinol, which helps repair cells damaged by toxins.
How to prepare your beet and carrot smoothie
- 1 medium beet, cooked
- 2 mandarins
- 2 carrots
- 1 glass of water (200 mL)
- It’s simple. First you need to clean your carrots well, then cut them into pieces. Afterwards, separate the mandarin slices (you could also use orange juice if you like), and cut the beet into four pieces to make the blending easier.
- Once all the ingredients are ready, place them in the blender. Blend into a smooth, uniform mixture, adding the glass of water so it isn’t so thick.
It’s good to drink in the morning. Day by day you will start to notice a difference in health, energy, and well-being.