Purifying Beet and Carrot Smoothie for the Liver and Blood
Both beets and carrots are rich in vitamins and have antioxidant properties that promote blood circulation. Beets may also stabilize intestinal movement. With that being said, a beet and carrot smoothie might be just the thing to add to your diet if you’re looking to eat healthier.
If there’s any smoothie out there that’s healthy and beneficial, it’s the beet and carrot smoothie. Not only is it refreshing and pleasant-tasting, but drinking it regularly can also improve liver health.
Day to day, without us even realizing it, our body receives a large amount of toxins. Improper diet, medications, pollution, and even stress are all daily enemies that make the liver work harder than it has to.
So we invite you to practice better life habits starting today. One way to do that is through simple, but nutritious recipes like this beet and carrot smoothie. Are you ready?
Beets for cleansing the blood and liver
Beets for curing the liver and enjoying much cleaner blood? Yes, it’s possible. We could simply tell you that beets are much more than just a vegetable, but in order to show you, you’ll have to know the following information:
Rich in antioxidants
I’m sure you’re already used to hearing just how healthy or necessary antioxidants are for the body, but what is it that these natural elements truly do?
- They fight premature aging.
- They care for cellular health, strengthening the cells. This is essential for liver health, for example.
- Antioxidants stop the effects of free radicals, protecting tissue and optimizing general health.
- They regulate blood pressure.
Also Read: Smoothies to Treat Blood Pressure
Beets are one of the vegetables that are richest in antioxidants. They contain beta-carotenes, carotenoids, and flavonoids. These compounds are what give beets their attractive crimson color. People who suffer from fatty liver disease may be the ones to benefit the most from having some more beet in their diets.
In 2012, for example, an interesting clinical study was published in the New England Journal of Medicine that revealed that people who suffer from Fatty Liver Disease showed significant improvements after just a few months of consuming beet juice.
Fat levels in the liver were reduced, as well as inflammation.
Activate metabolism and breaks down fats
This beet and carrot smoothie will help you lose weight little by little while also enjoying an energizing drink. It’s perfect for starting the day or for drinking before meals.
- Beets are rich in fiber. This helps “pull out” all those toxins present in the intestines that make it difficult to correctly absorb nutrients.
- It improves intestinal movement.
- It prevents fatty lipids from being stored in liver cells.
- Beets activate metabolism and optimize lymphatic system functioning.
Beets promote healthy blood flow and protect the heart
Since antiquity, beet juice has been used to improve blood health and to strengthen it. In fact, this truth has continued to give us good results today.
- Beets are rich in potassium and help stabilize hypertension.
- They reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) levels in the blood.
- Beet juice is very rich in nutrients, like magnesium, phosphorus, folic acid, and vitamins A, B, and C.
Carrots to cleanse the blood and liver
Most people know that carrots are good for the eyes and good for tanning. But these vegetables are much more than that.
- Regular carrot consumption stimulates blood circulation.
- Carrots contain an important amount of vitamins (A, B, C, and E), along with minerals and antioxidant compounds. But, more importantly, they hardly have any calories!
- If there is just one set of vitamins essential in for optimizing liver cells, it’s complex B vitamins. Carrots contain a good amount of these, without forcing you to consume animal products, which often have a high number of calories.
- They are also rich in potassium and phosphorus, two good revitalizers for the blood and nerves.
- The stem cells in carrots are rich in provitamin A. When this reaches the blood stream, it is transformed into retinol, which helps repair cells damaged by toxins.
See Also: Six foods that detox your liver
How to prepare your beet and carrot smoothie
- 1 medium beet, cooked
- 2 mandarins
- 2 carrots
- 1 glass of water (200 mL)
- It’s simple. First you need to clean your carrots well, then cut them into pieces. Afterwards, separate the mandarin slices (you could also use orange juice if you like), and cut the beet into four pieces to make the mixing easier.
- Once all the ingredients are ready, place them in the blender. Blend into a smooth, uniform mixture, adding the glass of water if you think it’s too thick.
It’s good to drink in the morning. If you keep up with it you may soon start to notice a difference in your health, energy, and general well-being.It might interest you...