Antioxidant Juice to Relieve Arthritis
We have always known that antioxidants have a very powerful action on the body, because they protect healthy cells from the effects that free radicals can cause. Free radicals are molecules that are produced after food is broken down in the body, environmental pollution, tobacco smoke, and radiation. These accumulate in the body and, in the long run, can cause serious health problems like heart disease, cancer, respiratory diseases, etc.
What Do Antioxidants Do?
Antioxidants have the ability to stop the chemical reaction that makes free radicals damage healthy cells in the body. Their agents reduce the impact of free radicals and inhibit their action on the body, which is why they are essential for preventing a large number of serious diseases and common health problems that often affect people.
What Are the Benefits of Antioxidants?
Many scientific studies have found that antioxidants are key to the prevention and reduction of risk of diseases like:
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Premature aging
- Degenerative diseases
- Weakened immune system
Your body has the ability to fight against free radicals all day. The problem is that your everyday lifestyle, environmental pollution, a poor diet, and other factors create an excess of free radicals in your body which is what makes it get overworked and, with the passing of days, get sick.
How to Make the Antioxidant Juice
The antioxidant juice consists of mixing fruits, vegetables, and spices with high contents of powerful antioxidants that take care of and protect the body. Although we can consume their ingredients directly, the best option is to make this juice in order to get a powerful juice that is rich in antioxidants.
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder: This powerful spice is characterized by having over 300 antioxidants, as well as a powerful painkilling and anti-inflammatory action that can reduce pain, treat arthritis problems, improve heart health, fight digestive problems, prevent cancer, and strengthen the immune system.
- 5 cm of ginger root: This powerful root is rich in a large amount of antioxidants that prevent premature aging, diseases like cancer, diabetes, circulatory problems, heart or muscle problems, etc. It also has a strong anti-inflammatory action, which is recommended for relieving pain, spasms, and problems like arthritis.
- 5 carrots: They are especially characterized by their content of antioxidants like betacarotene (pro-vitamin A), vitamin E (tocopherol), or vitamin C, among others. It is recommended for preventing premature aging, strengthening the immune system, preventing heart disease and even cancer.
- 2 lemons and 1 orange: Citrus fruit are characterized by being very rich in different kinds of antioxidants, among those that mainly stand out are vitamin C, flavonoids, betacarotene, or B complex vitamins, etc. They are very good for the circulatory system, heart health, inflammation, pain, respiratory infections or problems, etc. Their properties can also prevent serious diseases like cancer, diabetes, hypertension, and premature aging problems.
- 1 cucumber: Cucumber is known for its great depurative power, thanks to the amount of water it is made up of. But, besides that, it is also considered to be a food rich in antioxidants, among those that stand out mainly are stanols and vitamins A, B, C, and E. This food is good for reducing the impact of free radicals in the body and skin, it improves digestion, has an anti-inflammatory action, and can help you lose weight.
Peel the citrus fruit, ginger, and carrot. Then mix all of the ingredients in a blender, beat for a few minutes, and remove when it is well-blended. The cucumber water may not be enough for the smoothie, which is why it is good to add a little bit of water to facilitate the mixture of all of the ingredients.
In order to take advantage of all of the benefits of this powerful antioxidant juice, we recommend drinking it in the morning, a half an hour before breakfast.