Top 4 Green Smoothies to Treat High Blood Pressure
Hypertension, also known as high blood pressure, is a disorder that happens when the arteries that regulate blood flow to the body get narrow or clogged up. Because of this, the heart has to work harder to pump blood through the smaller spaces and this causes a rise in blood pressure. So it’s very important to treat high blood pressure.
This disorder is also known as the “silent assassin” because it’s almost asymptomatic and many people don’t know they have it, so they do nothing to control it. This puts them at a higher risk for serious cardiovascular diseases like a heart attack or stroke.
When a person receives the diagnosis of high blood pressure, they’ll need to change their habits to prevent it from negatively impacting their quality of life.
The four main problems this disorder can cause include:
- Kidney damage
- Enlargement of the heart
- Hardening of the arteries
- Vision problems
To reduce the risks that high blood pressure presents, it must be controlled medically depending upon the severity of the problem.
But you can also help treat high blood pressure with a diet by consuming healthy green juices which possess properties that can detoxify the body, regulate blood flow and prevent kidney problems.
If you have problems with high blood pressure and are worried about the health risks, don’t wait to try the following 5 recipes for green juices that can help you control and treat blood pressure while cleansing your kidneys.
Tomato, cucumber and carrot smoothie to treat high blood pressure
The antioxidant and cleansing properties of this natural smoothie promote the elimination of accumulated toxins from the body which are responsible for the development of different diseases.
By combining vegetables with healthy herbs like parsley, this drink will help eliminate excess sodium and retained fluids from the body that can affect your blood pressure.
- 1 cucumber
- 2 carrots
- 1 tomato
- 1 handful parsley
- ½ cup water
- Wash the tomato, cucumber and carrots and cut them into pieces. Then add them to the blender along with the parsley and the half cup of water.
- Process all the ingredients to obtain a smooth mixture and drink it while fresh.
- Drink it at least 3 times a week.
Pineapple, grapefruit and spinach smoothie to treat high blood pressure
Pineapple and grapefruit are some of the greatest diuretics that nature has to offer to fight fluid retention, lower blood pressure and cleanse the kidneys.
Due to the high water content and low calorie count, both fruits are the ideal supplement to any type of diet.
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 slices pineapple
- A handful of spinach leaves
- ½ cup water
- Extract the juice from the grapefruit and combine it in a blender with the pineapple slices, a handful of spinach and water.
- Then blend for a few seconds and drink it when it’s completely mixed and lump-free.
- Drink this smoothie everyday, on an empty stomach.
Spinach and carrot smoothie
The high concentration of antioxidants and diuretic properties of this smoothie will help reduce fluid retention and eliminate the stored toxins which are responsible for negatively impacting blood pressure and kidney function.
And if that’s not enough, its ingredients will provide the body with extra energy to increase physical performance.
- A handful of parsley
- A handful of spinach
- 5 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- A little water (optional)
- Wash and disinfect all the ingredients, then process them in a blender to create a smooth mixture without chunks or pieces of vegetables. Also, you may need to add a little bit of water for it to mix well.
- Drink it on an empty stomach, without straining, for a minimum of 3 times a week.
Don’t forget to read:
Kiwi, spinach and lettuce smoothie to treat high blood pressure
Kiwi is rich in vitamin C and other important antioxidants that help lower cholesterol and blood pressure and prevent the damage caused by free radicals.
The combination of green vegetables and fruit provides the body with chlorophyll, fiber, vitamins and minerals that improve kidney function and prevent many diseases.
- 1 kiwi
- 5 spinach leaves
- 3 lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup water
- Peel the kiwi and rinse the spinach and lettuce leaves. Then combine them in a blender with a glass of water and process them for a few seconds until smooth.
- Drink it while still fresh, preferably on an empty stomach.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Enfermedad de los riñones. http://www.kidneyfund.org/en-espanol/enfermedad-de-los-rinones/
- ¿Cómo controlar la presión arterial? https://fundaciondelcorazon.com/corazon-facil/blog-impulso-vital/2836-icomo-controlar-la-presion-arterial.html
- Guías Latinoamericanas de Hipertensión Arterial. https://scielo.conicyt.cl/scielo.php?pid=S0718-85602010000100012&script=sci_arttext
- Amine, E. K., Baba, N. H., Belhadj, M., Deurenberg-Yap, M., Djazayery, A., Forrestre, T., … Yach, D. (2003). Diet, nutrition and the prevention of chronic diseases. World Health Organization – Technical Report Series. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0031-3025(16)36541-2