How Coconut Oil Fights Fatty Liver Disease
Coconut oil is sometimes called the “oil of life.” It’s great for your health inside and out. Believe it or not, it was once viewed as a health risk. Today, many studies have shown that essential fatty acids are great for your overall health. This includes how coconut oil fights fatty liver disease.
In this article, we’ll look at how this oil can help relieve many liver problems. More specifically, we’ll look at how coconut oil fights fatty liver disease.
Coconut oil and liver health
First of all, you should buy coconut oil from a natural foods store or diet shop. This way, you can be sure that it was made naturally and organically.
Coconut oil has been used for centuries in Asia and the Pacific region for a variety of diseases. It has also been used to enhance the appearance of skin and hair.
Today it’s used all over the world, now that we know it doesn’t pose a threat to our heart health. As such, you can use it for many things as long as you take it in moderation.
- Coconut oil is a type of saturated fat that’s great for many bodily functions. It being a “fat” won’t hurt you since your body also needs essential fatty acids.
- Its fatty acids are of medium chain. Most fats are long chain, which can negatively impact your cholesterol levels. Coconut oil on the other hand, helps improve your heart and liver health.
- This oil contains lauric acid, which helps lower cholesterol and balance blood pressure.
Discover: Treating Fatty Liver Disease Naturally
- Coconut oil is packed with antioxidants that protect your liver from free radicals while eliminating toxins.
How coconut oil fights fatty liver diseaseeases the work your liver has to do
Thanks to its antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties, it tackles multiple liver problems while accelerating metabolic function.
Other studies have shown that regular consumption of coconut oil (a tablespoon a day) helps prevent alcohol-related liver damage. It heals and nourishes your liver while providing it continuous energy.
Coconut oil provides an energy boost
Coconut oil is able to give you an energy boost when you’re feeling sluggish. Those with liver problems are often tired or experience high levels of apathy.
When your liver stores too much fat it can lead to exhaustion. However, once you start taking a tablespoon of coconut oil regularly, your liver will be able to break down fat much faster. Moreover, it will use it like it does carbohydrates. In other words, it will convert fat into energy.
- In addition, athletes commonly add coconut oil as a natural supplement to their sports drinks and smoothies.
- You should also know that coconut oil can help with weight loss when you incorporate it into a healthy and balanced diet.
- The more energy your body has, the faster your metabolism will work. You’ll have more energy to start the day which will motivate you to exercise more. It will also help you to lose weight by maintaining a healthy diet.
Coconut oil improves your digestion
Coconut oil can improve the function of your digestive system. This means it can better absorb vitamins and soluble fats.
The minerals and amino acids in coconut oil help fight digestive problems like ulcers or even irritable bowel syndrome.
Another interesting fact is that the saturated fat in coconut oil has antimicrobial properties. As such, it helps to eliminate potential bacteria, fungi, and parasites that can cause indigestion and other conditions.
Want to read more? Sweeten your life with coconut oil
Recommended daily intake and potential side effects
- Take about one tablespoon of coconut oil on an empty stomach (15 grams per day). You can add it to your juice or smoothies.
- Coconut oil’s main side effects are nausea and an upset stomach. Not everyone has the same reaction, so be sure to pay attention to how you feel.
- If you’d like, you can divide the tablespoon into three servings of one teaspoon (5 grams) throughout the day. Finally, it all depends on what you tolerate best. Still, the key is to be consistent and avoid consuming too much.
In conclusion, we hope you now understand how coconut oil fights fatty liver disease. Be sure to read our other articles on the benefits of coconut oil.It might interest you...