Reduce Cholesterol and Blood Sugar With Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar can have great benefits for controlling your cholesterol and blood sugar. However, if you're following a treatment plan, you should consult a specialist first before trying it.
High cholesterol and blood sugar are two very common diseases in all parts of the world. Both directly affect the blood vessels.
In this article, we’ll tell you more about these two diseases and will teach you how to prepare an incredible recipe with apple cider vinegar that’s very useful to reduce cholesterol.
Through cholesterol, our cells receive the amount of fat they need. If these are not healthy fats, our health is affected, thus blocking our veins and arteries.
There are two types of cholesterol: good (HDL) and bad (LDL).
The level of good cholesterol (HDL) in a person is an essential factor if you want to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
The main causes of high bad cholesterol are:
- A bad diet
- Little physical activity
- Smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages
- Genetic factors
There are also many symptoms that you may begin to notice at a physical and functional level, such as:
- Inflammation and numbness in your extremities
- Dizziness and headaches
- Bad breath
- Heaviness and indigestion
- Visual problems
- Chest pain
- Weakness and fatigue
- Skin conditions
- Food intolerances
In addition to a test carried out at least every 5 years, it is recommended that you follow a diet that’s low in fat to keep your cholesterol levels where they should be.
The recommended cholesterol level in men is over 40 mg/dL.
For women under 19, the level of good cholesterol (HDL) must be higher than 45 mg/dl. In the case of women older than 20 years, it’s more than 50 mg/dl.
Blood sugar, or glucose, is the main source of energy for our body’s cells. This type of sugar is present in different foods such as flour, grains, honey, carrots, and rice, among others.
Thanks to the energy it produces, important bodily functions such as digestion, cardiac pumping and synapses, among others, can be carried out.
The sugar present in our blood must be maintained between 70 and 110 mg/dl to obtain all of its benefits without negative consequences on our health.
If you have hyperglycemia, it’s important to treat it as soon as possible, since it can be triggered and cause diabetes. Hyperglycemia appears when the pancreas has problems producing enough insulin to control the amount of sugar present in the blood.
Below, we’ll present the most common symptoms that begin to appear if you suffer from blood sugar problems:
- Sensation of thirst
- Skin lesions
- Mood changes
- Weakness and drowsiness
- Slow healing of wounds
- Vision problems
- Sexual problems due to injuries to nerves and blood vessels
These are the reasons why your blood sugar levels may rise:
- Stress (stress can produce hormones that raise your blood glucose level).
- Changes in hormone levels
- Food with more carbohydrates than usual
- Not having an active life
- Insufficient insulin
- Side effects of other medications (eg, steroids, antipsychotic medications)
- Diseases, since the body discharges hormones to fight the disease, and these raise your blood glucose level.
Cholesterol problems and blood sugar problems both significantly affect the correct functioning of the body. Therefore, it’s necessary to treat them so as not to experience major problems.
Next, we’ll teach you how to prepare apple cider vinegar in order to fight these two conditions.
Apple cider vinegar to treat high cholesterol and blood sugar
Apple cider vinegar has incredible properties and components (potassium, pectin, malic acid, calcium) that will help perfectly with these two conditions, because it:
- Prevents the contraction of the blood vessels by increasing the levels of nitric oxide.
- Balances alkalinity derived from eating habits.
- Contributes to weight loss, because it dissolves fats.
- Purifies the body of toxins.
- Detoxifies the colon, therefore improving digestion.
- Promotes the balancing of the lymphatic system, contributing to improving blood flow.
- Lowers blood pressure, cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (45 ml)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
How should we prepare it?
- Mix both ingredients until the vinegar dissolves very well in the water.
- Drink it 3 times a day.
- When you notice improvement, reduce the dose to only 2 times per day.