How do you sweeten your morning coffee? With sugar perhaps? Then you should know that you’re negating many of the benefits and your energy levels will crash within half an hour. Are you surprised?
On the other hand, if you add a teaspoon of coconut oil, you’ll start your day off much better with more energy. Have you heard of it? This oil is processed from natural coconut pulp and is a natural treasure trove of benefits that’s worth a closer look.
Discover more about healthy coconut oil in this article and sweeten your life in the healthiest way possible.
Watch how much sugar you consume every day
We know it’s really difficult to completely eliminate sugar from your life. It’s used to sweeten things like desserts and afternoon tea. How can you resist it? It may be difficult, but it’s worth it weighing the damage it can do to your body. Let’s take a closer look:
- Sugar is a highly processed food. It’s far from being all natural, let alone healthy. It causes dangerous spikes in glucose levels, which means it later turns into difficult to eliminate fat on the stomach, thighs, and even in your veins and arteries.
- If your body is used to a lot of sugar, you’ll end up with high cholesterol or heart problems. Is it worth it? Of course not.
- Sugar is a “sweet poison” that weakens your immune system and causes diseases like diabetes and hypertension. What’s more is that it could be a silent trigger for the appearance of different types of cancers.
If you decide to give up sugar, what’s a healthy way to sweeten your life? Coconut oil.
Healthy coconut oil, the best sweetener
Coconut oil is easy to find. It’s sold in organic markets and supermarkets that specialize in natural, healthy foods. It can be a little pricier when compared to ordinary sugar, but given its benefits, it’s a small price to pay.
Want to know why it’s one of the healthiest natural sweeteners out there? Pay attention:
1. Coconut oil is delicious and doesn’t contain any sugar
Coconut oil doesn’t contain any type of sugar, not even fructose. Yet the taste is incredibly pleasant and so sweet that it will surprise you. In fact, it’s ideal for making desserts, but you can add it to any dish you like knowing that it doesn’t contain even one gram of carbohydrates.
2. Coconut oil is loaded with healthy fatty acids for your body
Coconut oil is rich in lauric acid, one of the most beneficial fatty acids in existence. This oil also contains many antioxidants and is really healthy for your heart. What’s also interesting is that it possess antibacterial and antifungal properties. These properties help keep food fresher longer by preventing oxidation.
3. Foods made with coconut oil provide more energy
Did you know that? Coconut oil is packed with energy, the complete opposite of white sugar, which gives you a temporary high followed by a crash 30 minutes later.
By choosing coconut oil over sugar, you’ll be keeping your blood sugar levels in check since it’s not metabolized into glucose. It gets converted directly into energy which is why it’s recommended as a healthy substitute for white sugar.
4. The versatility of coconut oil
You probably encountered this problem before: many desserts require liquid sugar which leaves you with no choice but to heat it, oxidizing it and releasing free radicals that are harmful to your health.
This doesn’t happen with coconut oil. It’s usually sold as a solid in jars, but when it reaches temperatures of 68°-75°F, it becomes a liquid. This makes it really convenient to mix in with other ingredients. It’s really practical because you never have to heat it on the stove.
5. Coconut oil, a treasure for your health
Coconut oil is recommended for any one with hypothyroidism. It’s rich in B vitamins, calcium, magnesium, folic acid and many other vitamins. It’s often used in weight loss diets due to its ability to boost the metabolism. Amazing, isn’t it?
Coconut oil is a natural miracle that’s worth including in your daily diet, especially your morning coffee or for making healthier desserts. How could you resist?