Using Beets to Detox Your Liver and Blood
Beets contain vitamins A, B, and C while also providing soluble fiber that controls blood sugar and cholesterol levels, and regulates bowel function.
Beets are much more than a simple root vegetable. Deep within their bright purple core are antioxidants and vitamins that are very beneficial to your health. As such, you should include them in your diet on a regular basis. Did you know there are ways of using beets to detox your liver and blood?
Rich in fiber, protein, and water, this medicinal plant provides energy and can be used to treat various types of ailments. – especially any health problems associated with the liver. In today’s article, we’ll discuss all the things that beets can do for you.
Using beets to detox: your liver’s best friend
Do you love beets? Is their refreshing, earthy flavor already part of your weekly meal rotation? Do you prefer them raw or boiled with a little oil or salt? If the answer is yes, carry on!
Beets are readily available in stores and markets around the world. Whenever you have a problem with your liver, they can help to heal inflammation and remove toxins. Keep reading for tips on using beets to detox your blood and liver.
Pay attention to the following characteristics of beets.
1. They’re a treasure trove of antioxidants
Beets are rich in beta-carotene, carotenoids, and flavonoids – all powerful antioxidants that give them that distinctive, attractive color. All foods that are rich in antioxidants are known to be effective at cleansing your liver, particularly if you suffer from fatty liver disease.
In 2012, the New England Journal of Medicine published a clinical trial showing that patients with fatty liver disease showed significant improvements when treated with antioxidants.
In particular, the treatment reduced inflammation and fat levels in the liver. This is due, in part, to betalain, a class of powerful antioxidant that’s also very beneficial in preventing premature aging.
So don’t hesitate to eat up your beets. They’re packed with antioxidants that you should be eating on a regular basis.
2. They boost metabolism and burn fat
Beets are a great choice when you want to lose weight. They pack a lot of energy, are satisfying, and rich in fiber. So, if you make a beet smoothie before each meal, for example, you’ll get lots of nutrients while feeling fuller. As a result, you’ll eat less between meals.
In addition, consuming beets can help in these other areas:
- Use beets to detox your body. Thanks to their high fiber content, they help to prevent the accumulation of toxins and fluid retention, while improving digestion and preventing constipation. All this helps improve your liver function since it prevents the build-up of fat and other lipids that your body stores in liver cells.
- Beets help boost your metabolism because they stimulate your liver and digestive function.
- Another benefit is the optimization of your lymphatic system function, further helping to remove toxins from your body.
It’s interesting to note that fatty liver disease can be reversed as long as you eat a low-fat diet that’s rich in vitamins and minerals from fresh fruits and vegetables. Consequently, beets are an excellent choice in this case.
Discover: Treating Fatty Liver Disease Naturally
3. Beets cleanse your bloodstream, caring for your heart
This vegetable was used in ancient times to add “strength” to the blood and treat people in a state of recovery. Here is a brief overview` of the benefits beets have to offer:
- Beets are rich in potassium, which helps regulate blood pressure.
- Beets reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) levels.
- They’re high in iron, magnesium, phosphorus, folic acid, and vitamins A, B, and C. They’re literally packed with nutrients that strengthen your bloodstream and promote the removal of harmful substances.
Using beets to detox your liver
The best way to reap the benefits of beets to heal and detox your liver, as well as cleanse your bloodstream is to consume them raw. Grate some beets and carrots to make a salad. Then, add a drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice for an ideal health remedy.
Medicinal juice for your liver
- 1 medium beet
- Cup of water (200 ml)
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium apple
Start by washing all the ingredients thoroughly. Then, cut them into small pieces to make them easier to blend. Make sure both the beet and carrot are raw so that they contain the most nutrients.
Blend everything until you get a nice smooth liquid. Then, add the cup of water to dilute the mixture. Adding a few ice cubes will make it even more refreshing and enjoyable.
When should you drink it? Half an hour before your main meal of the day. Simply drink one cup every day for 5 days to detox your liver. Rest for 10 days before starting the process again. You’re getting a delicious boost of nutrients that will benefit your health.
Don’t miss out!