If you’ve ever wondered if there are natural ways to lighten your hair, the answer is yes. But we should clarify one thing: if you’re naturally chestnut brown, you’re not going to become a silvery blond.
Instead, you’ll achieve a slightly lighter hue with more shine and brilliance.
The secret is to be consistent with the application and use mostly natural ingredients that won’t damage the structure of your hair. This is because without the excessive use of chemical products your hair will always look healthier, more beautiful, and radiant.
Don’t miss out on how you can achieve a smoother and more attractive color.
Rinse your hair with rhubarb
You probably already know what rhubarb is. It’s a common plant found in many countries like the US and the UK, and in spite of some ambiguity about its classification is actually considered a “fruit,” even though up until a few years ago there still wasn’t agreement among botanist on that fact.
Rhubarb is like a red and green kind of celery. One of its secret benefits, in addition to its unusual flavor in cuisines, is that it provides a lot of shine to hair and can add highlights to blond or dark blond hair.
It’s worth a try. Pay attention to how.
- 5 tablespoons of rhubarb, chopped (50 g)
- 1/2 liter of water
- First you need to cook the rhubarb in a liter of water. Let it simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let it cool slightly and while still warm, all you need to do is rinse your wet hair with the liquid. Secure your hair with a plastic cap and wait for 15 more minutes before rinsing and washing again with a moisturizing shampoo.
- Do it twice a week and you will soon begin to see the results.
See also 5 tips for shiny hair
Lighten your hair with an egg, beer, and lemon maskLemon is a classic ingredient when it comes to lightening the hair. It can take it up a shade, giving you a more striking appearance while helping to repair dry or damaged hair.
In this case we recommend using this treatment twice a week for a month. After that, it’s best to wait a few weeks before the next application.
Why? Lemon, when used appropriately can make your hair lighter, but if you overdo it, lemon can also damage the hair. It’s best to limit its usage.
How should you do it? Pay attention.
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup (100 ml) of non-alcoholic beer
- The juice of half a lemon
- Start out by beating the egg white until stiff peaks form.
- Add the half cup of non-alcoholic beer.
- Stir this well and then add the juice from half a lemon. It’s easy!
- Apply this treatment to wet hair using a deep massage. Cover your hair for 20 minutes and then shampoo and condition normally. You’ll love the results.
Also read: 5 remedies to prevent hair loss
How to add brighter shades to black or dark brown hairDo you have black or very dark colored hair and want to add some depth? Obviously if you try rinsing your hair with the above treatments it’s not going to turn you into a dirty blond or brunette.
Still, you can achieve a lighter shade with brilliant highlights.
The results are worth it. Pay attention to the following tips:
1. Lavender, sage, and cinnamon rinse for darker hair
- 1 teaspoon of dried or fresh lavender (5 g)
- 1 teaspoon of sage (5 g)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 liter of water
- You’re going to make an interesting sort of tea using these natural ingredients. They wont harm your hair because they’re not aggressive (unlike lemon can be if you overdo it), and you’ll see amazing results.
- Bring the half liter of water to a boil. Add the cinnamon, lavender, and sage. Let this simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly, and strain off the liquid.
- Apply your “tea” to wet hair. You can rinse your hair with this solution again and again. Then put on a shower cap and let it sit for 20 more minutes.
- The next step? Rinse and use a moisturizing shampoo.
Want to read more? Hidden benefits of cinnamon tea
2. Rosemary treatment for darker hairIngredients
- 100 g of rosemary
- 1 liter of water
- In this case we’re going to make a tea using fresh rosemary. The results are excellent and worth trying twice a week. Keep an eye on the shade of your hair and use it as often as you like.
- Once you simmer the rosemary, let the mixture cool and rinse your hair with the liquid. You don’t need to follow with another rinse or a shampoo – just let it dry naturally and see how smooth and shiny your hair has become.