How to Naturally Lighten Your Hair
If you’ve ever wondered if there are natural ways to lighten your hair, the answer is “yes.” But we should mention one thing: if you’re naturally chestnut brown, you’re not going to be able to become naturally silver blond.
Still, you can achieve a slightly lighter hue with more shine and brilliance.
The secret is to be consistent with the application and use mostly natural ingredients that won’t damage the structure of your hair. It’s important to do that because your hair will always look healthier, more beautiful, and radiant if you don’t use chemical products excessively.
Don’t miss out on this article that tells you how you can achieve a smoother and more attractive hair color.
Rinse your hair with rhubarb
You probably already know what rhubarb is. It’s a common plant you can easily find in many countries. In spite of some ambiguity about its classification, it’s actually considered a “fruit.” Up until a few years ago, though, botanists still weren’t agreeing upon this, though.
Rhubarb looks like a celery that’s reddish and green. One of its secret benefits, in addition to its interesting flavor in cuisines, is that it provides a lot of shine to hair and can add highlights to blond or dark blond hair.
Since it’s all natural, it’s worth a try.
- 5 tablespoons of rhubarb, chopped (50 g)
- 1/2 liter of water
- First, you need to cook the rhubarb in a liter of water. Let it simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let it cool slightly. Then, while still warm, rinse your wet hair with the liquid. Secure your hair with a plastic cap and wait for 15 more minutes before rinsing and washing again with a moisturizing shampoo.
- Do this twice a week and you’ll soon begin to see the results.
See also 5 tips for shiny hair
Lighten your hair with an egg, beer, and lemon maskLemon is a classic ingredient when it comes to lightening the hair. It can push it up a shade, giving it a more striking appearance while helping to repair its dry or damaged locks.
For this treatment, we recommend using it twice a week for a month. After that, it’s best to wait a few weeks before the next application.
Why? Lemon, when used appropriately, can lighten your hair. However, if you overdo it, lemon can also damage the hair. It’s best to limit its usage.
How should you do it? Well, we’re about to tell you.
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup (100 mL) of a non-alcoholic beer
- The juice of half a lemon
- Start out by beating the egg white until stiff peaks form.
- Add the half cup of non-alcoholic beer.
- Stir this well and then add the lemon juice. It’s easy!
- Apply this treatment to wet hair using a deep massage. Cover your hair for 20 minutes and then shampoo and condition normally. You’ll love the results.
Also read: 5 remedies to prevent hair loss
How to lighten your hair when it’s black or dark brown
Still, you can lighten your hair a shade and get brilliant highlights.
The results are worth it.
1. Lavender, sage, and cinnamon rinse for darker hair
- 1 teaspoon of dried or fresh lavender (5 g)
- One teaspoon of sage (5 g)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 liter of water
- You’re going to make an interesting sort of tea using these natural ingredients. They wont harm your hair because they’re not aggressive (unlike lemon can be if you overdo it). Best of all, you’ll see amazing results.
- Bring the half liter of water to a boil. Add the cinnamon, lavender, and sage. Let this simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly, and strain off the liquid.
- Apply your “tea” to wet hair. You can rinse your hair with this solution again and again. After that, put on a shower cap and let it sit for 20 more minutes.
- The next step? Rinse and use a moisturizing shampoo.
Want to read more? Hidden benefits of cinnamon tea
2. Rosemary treatment for darker hairIngredients
- 100 g of rosemary
- 1 liter of water
- For this treatment we’re going to make a tea using fresh rosemary. You should try this recipe out twice a week. Keep an eye on the shade of your hair and use it as often as you like.
- Once you simmer the rosemary, let the mixture cool and rinse your hair with the liquid. You don’t need to follow with another rinse or a shampoo – just let it dry naturally and see how smooth and shiny your hair has become.