Speed Up Your Metabolism a Green Tea, Grapefruit, and Mint Beverage
Your metabolism consists of a series of chemical processes in charge of transforming the energy in the foods you eat into fuel for each cell and organ in your body.
It participates in controlling blood glucose levels and keeping your body weight in balance. In addition, it also plays a role in your cardiovascular system and many other activities that go on in your body to maintain good health.
It works differently in each person’s body, depending on their gender, age, body size, and many other aspects.
However, habits like having a sedentary lifestyle, drinking alcohol, and eating poorly slow it down. This makes it worse at burning calories.
This doesn’t just cause noticeable weight gain. In addition, it eventually contributes to the development of certain disorders that can really affect your quality of life.
Fortunately, it has been proven that if you adopt good habits and get certain nutrients, you can help stimulate you metabolism and avoid the problems above.
A Refreshing Beverage for Speeding Up Your Metabolism
This refreshing drink made from green tea, grapefruit, and mint is a great option for anyone looking to lose weight in a healthy way.
While it’s no fat-burning miracle, consuming it regularly will help detox your body and stimulate your metabolism. This is because of how nutritious and low in calorie its ingredients are.
Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of each of these ingredients.
Check this out too:
Learn About Your Metabolism and Losing Weight Effectively
The benefits of green tea
Green tea is a favorite all over the world due to its ability to protect the body from the negative effects of free radicals and the dangers of being overweight.
High in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, it’s also low in calories and helps jump start your metabolism so it can efficiently burn calories.
In addition, thermogenic and purifying effects have been attributed to green tea. These are two things that make it so good at helping you burn fat.
Plus, it also lowers the assimilation of carbohydrates and lipids in your blood. Thus, it limits the absorption of calories.
The benefits of grapefruit
Grapefruit is one of the most recommended citrus fruits for losing weight.
With its low calorie content and high water content, it has qualities that help encourage weight loss. This includes its ability to make you feel full while speeding up your metabolism.
It’s diuretic, purifying, and contains antioxidants that help remove toxins and retain fluids. Thus, they help in losing weight and preventing disease.
In addition, it contains more than 150 phyto-nutrients, most of them flavonoids, which support good cardiovascular health.
The benefits of mint
Known for its refreshing power, mint is an ideal plant for stimulating weight loss and toxin elimination.
It has powerful abilities to help with digestion, not only by preventing heartburn, but also helping nutrients be absorbed better and removing waste that your body doesn’t need.
In addition, it’s an anti-inflammatory and contains antioxidants. This relaxes your body while protecting it from the negative effects of oxidative damage.
We recommend reading:
5 Benefits of Consuming Spearmint
How do I make this drink?
This low-calorie, nutritious drink can work with a healthy diet to improve your metabolism and take inches off.
You can enjoy it throughout the day, starting first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
- 1 liter of water
- 5 green tea bags
- 1 grapefruit
- 8 mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon of honey (optional)
- Heat the water. Once boiling, add the green tea bags.
- Remove from heat. Let sit 5 to 10 minutes, and add the grapefruit, cut into slices.
- Add the mint leaves and wait at least two hours before consuming.
- We recommend making it the night before so it’s ready when you get up.
- If you like, you can sweeten it with a tablespoon of honey.
- You may see results after two weeks, as long as you’re also complimenting it with a healthy lifestyle.
Remember that along with drinking this beverage, you must also improve your lifestyle habits if you want to fight slow metabolism and see significant weight loss.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Carr AC, Maggini S. Vitamin C and Immune Function. Nutrients. 2017 Nov 3; 9 (11): 1211.
- Fujioka K, Greenway F, et al. The effects of grapefruit on weight and insulin resistance: relationship to the metabolic syndrome. Journal of Medicinal Food. 2006. 9 (1): 49-54.
- Hensrud D. Can I boost my metabolism to lose weight? Mayo Clinic. Marzo 2021.
- Jamous R, Abu-Zaitoun S, et al. Antiobesity and antioxidant potentials of sleeted Palestinian medicinal plants. Evidenced Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. Junio 2018. 8426752.
- Koithan M. Using herbal remedies to maintain optimal weight. Journal of Nurse Practice. Febrero 2010. 6 (2): 153-154.
- Rothenberg DO, Zhou C, Zhang L. A Review on the Weight-Loss Effects of Oxidized Tea Polyphenols. Molecules. 2018 May 14;23(5):1176
- Valenzuela BA., El consumo de te y la salud: características y propiedades benéficas de esta bebida milenaria. Rev Chil Nutr, 2004.