This delicious weight loss smoothie with apple, lemon, and grapefruit can be incredibly useful to help you slim down. It’s a simple addition to your diet that will make you feel more satisfied and fight fluid retention.
This natural drink will target all that excess fat that tends to accumulate in areas like the abdomen. If you drink it on a regular basis at breakfast or after the main meal of the day, in two weeks you’ll begin to notice the results.
Remember that you need to also maintain a balanced and diverse diet, avoid leading a sedentary lifestyle, and exercise whenever you can.
Apple, lemon, and grapefruit: a slimming combination
While you know that there’s no miracle diet for weight loss – the proper nutrition is what will get you the results you want. Healthy weight loss is possible as long as you take great care in controlling what you eat.
So…why not start incorporating delicious fruits like apples, lemons, and grapefruit? We’ll explain why these are such great options in case you, like so many people, want to lose weight.
Green apples, the weight loss fruit
There are many different types of apples but in this smoothie, we’ll choose a green one – organic, if possible. We also want to keep the peel, which is why you should try to obtain a natural and pesticide-free product.
- Green apples help boost your metabolism.
- The peel contains pectin that controls lipid levels in the body. It’s a great aid in the fight against obesity because pectin helps destroy the oldest nodules of fat.
- They balance your blood sugar levels.
- Green apples have a very high amount of vitamins and minerals, which help improve cardiovascular health.
- This is a very satisfying fruit that’s rich in fiber. That means it fights both fluid retention and constipation.
Lemons, the key to a balanced pHWe’ve talked a lot about the importance of reducing acidity in the diet and eliminating toxins that cause inflammation and disease – all to optimize the function of many of your organs.
Drinking a glass of lemon juice a day can facilitate the removal of fat. The way this is done is by “enforced disappearance,” meaning that fat becomes less resistant to being converted to energy or eliminated.
Lemon juice helps reduce bad cholesterol levels and facilitates good circulation.
It also improves digestion, allowing you to better absorb nutrients and preventing toxins from reaching the bloodstream through your intestines.
The citric acid in lemons also cares for your liver. And antioxidants and vitamin C strengthen your immune system.
This helps you enter your weight loss plan with a strong liver and immune system, to fight any additional accumulation of fat.
Grapefruit: good for reducing fluid retention and inflammation
Something you should keep in mind is that this apple, lemon, and grapefruit smoothie shouldn’t be the most important change in your diet to help you lose weight. It’s intended to be a complement that helps you start the day off right or tide you over after your main meal of the day.
- These ingredients don’t contain any protein or iron, so it’s important that you make sure you’re getting all the nutrients you need from other foods throughout the day.
- If you add grapefruit to the mix you have a powerful diuretic that will help eliminate waste from the body that would otherwise cause inflammation and fluid retention.
- The grapefruit assists the green apple and lemon juice, so make sure you try to buy organic grapefruits – only that will provide the best quality of antioxidants and vitamins.
Recipe for apple, lemon, and grapefruit smoothie
- 1 green apple
- The juice from 1 lemon
- The juice from 1 grapefruit
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- This smoothie will be ready in just five minutes. First you need to thoroughly wash the green apple and cut it into pieces.
- Then add the apple pieces, lemon juice, and grapefruit juice to the blender along with the water. Process until you get as smooth a consistency as possible.
- You can add a tablespoon of honey or some stevia if you find you need to sweeten it to combat the acidic flavor.
Drink this every morning with breakfast and don’t forget to maintain a balanced diet that’s high in protein and low in saturated fats.