Spider veins are dilations of capillaries and superficial blood vessels, which are noticed on the skin due to their greenish or bruised hue.
They’re produced by the weakening of the valves that regulate blood flow, almost always in the lower part of the body, and usually appear before varicose veins.
Sometimes they disappear without reaching dilation, although some remain for years without causing any complications.
They’re more frequent amongst overweight and obese people, but they are also associated with hormonal changes, high temperatures, and the use of some types of footwear.
The good news is that they can be controlled and minimized with natural remedies, since the combination of some ingredients can improve circulation and relieve inflammation.
Among these options, we find a natural garlic ointment, ideal for applying to legs, arms and other areas susceptible to this problem.
Give them a try!
Home-made ointment to reduce spider veins
This natural ointment preventing and reducing spider veins comes from the combination of prodigious ingredients such as garlic, lemon, and extra virgin olive oil.
These concentrate a significant amount of anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, vasodilatory properties that, after use, restore circulation to reduce this problem.
- Applying it externally helps reduce inflammation of the capillaries and blood vessels, avoiding complications such as varicose veins.
- Also, it has toning properties that improve circulation. And, this prevents the formation of thrombi or obstructions in the lower part of the body.
- And, it helps boost the functioning of the lymphatic system, which essential for avoiding inflammatory problems and a build-up of toxins.
- Additionally, it’s used to relax stressed or inflamed legs, especially after a long workday or after performing activities of high physical impact.
- And, it contains minerals that are absorbed through the skin, helping to eliminate liquids retained in body tissue.
- It is not a miracle treatment. But, it can help complement diet and exercise to noticeably reduce spider veins.
How to make this home-made ointment
This home-made ointment of garlic, olive oil, and lemon can be use as a preventative for this aesthetic problem, or as an alternative treatment.
Either way, we recommend you keep it to hand to relax your legs, once or twice a week.
The important thing is to make sure that the olive oil is 100% extra virgin, since other types don’t have the same properties.
- 2 bulbs of garlic
- ½ cup of olive oil (100g)
- The juice of one lemon
- A glass jar with a lid
- Wooden spoon
- Remove the cloves from the garlic bulbs and peel them.
- Cut them into thin slices or, if you like, crush them with a pestle and mortar.
- Then, put them inside a glass jar and cover them with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Stir everything with a wooden spoon so that it is cohesive.
- Seal the jar and put it in a cool, dark place for 48 hours.
- After this time, sieve the amount of ointment that you think you need, and apply it.
How to apply
- Spread the ointment over the areas affected by spider veins and then massage for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Massage continuously, without exerting too much pressure, to reactivate circulation.
- After achieving a heat effect on the area, leave the ingredients to act for 30 minutes more.
- Then, rinse with warm water and dry.
- Repeat this at least 3 times a week, preferably before going to bed.
- Bear in mind that, to get good results, you need to be consistent with the treatment.
- Positive results are only possible with multiple application.
Do you notice small veins on your legs? Are you worried about the suffering that varicose veins cause? If so, make this ointment at home and include it in your personal care routine to maintain good circulation in your legs and sensitive areas.
Remember though, although it helps, this product does not work on its own.
- Take care of your eating habits and increase your water intake to achieve better results in treating this condition.