Joint Pain Relief with Lemon Peel and Olive Oil
Joint pain relief is possible. The original pain is usually a symptom that usually comes from inflammation in the tissues of your body.
It indicates that cartilage and ligaments are wearing down, or that there is some injury.
It may be mild or chronic, depending on the cause, but in both cases, joint pain relief is essential to avoid other complications.
While it’s often treated with pain-relievers and anti-inflammatories, there are also certain natural remedies that can speed up joint pain relief without any side effects.
One of these is a mixture of lemon peel and extra virgin olive oil, two ingredients that soothe the area you have pain in and provide relief in a short amount of time.
Below we’d like to tell you all that it can do and how to make this easy joint pain relief using our simple recipe.
Lemon peel and olive oil for joint pain relief
When you apply this remedy made with olive oil and lemon peel topically to the affected area, it will help improve your circulation in order to provide joint pain relief.
- The ingredients are chock-full of nutrients that reduce inflammation, pain, and stiffness.
- Also, the lemon peel contains substances like citronella and phellandrene, two essential oils that help relax muscles and joints, helping with any difficulty moving.
- The extra virgin olive oil contains antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids, well-known for their ability to help painful, inflamed tissues.
- Together, these ingredients improve cellular oxygenation processes while optimizing the transportation of nutrients to your joints, a determining factor in preventing the breakdown of cartilage.
- However, ot’s also worth mentioning that the remedy helps stimulate your lymphatic system, a key factor in removing toxins that play a role in the pain.
- Additionally, applying it using massaging motions helps flush out retained fluids, and as if that weren’t enough, prevents the accumulation of uric acid.
Want to learn more?
How do I make this lemon peel and olive oil remedy?
The ingredients we’ll use in this home remedy can be found in natural food stores or supermarkets.
And, along with the lemon peel and olive oil, we also suggest using eucalyptus leaves to enhance the anti-inflammatory effect.
The treatment can be used preventatively as an easy joint pain relief or to relieve already existing pain.
- 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil (200 g)
- The peel of 2 lemons
- 5 eucalyptus leaves
- A glass jar with a cover
- Clean bandages
- Plastic wrap
- First, cut the lemon peel into small pieces and add them to the glass jar.
- Then, add the olive oil, making sure to completely cover the lemon peel.
- Next, chop the eucalyptus leaves and mix them with the other ingredients in the jar.
- Then, cover the mixture well and store it in a cool, dark place for two weeks.
- Finally, strain the oil to remove the bits of eucalyptus leaves and lemon peel.
How to apply
- First, submerge a gauze bandage into the mixture and then apply it to the affected joint.
- Next, cover the gauze with plastic wrap, and then, if possible, with a wool scarf.
- Then, let the oil work overnight for best results.
- Next, apply every night until you get relief from the pain.
- As a preventative remedy, apply at least 3 times a week.
Check this article out too:
Strengthen Your Bones and Alleviate Pain in Your Joints with this Natural Drink
Other considerations for joint pain relief
- If you would like an even more relaxing effect for joint pain relief, heat the oil by putting the jar in a bowl of hot water before applying it.
- But remember to check the temperature to make sure it won’t burn your skin.
- Aditionally, you can use it to massage your joints, especially if the pain is due to fatigue or fluid retention.
- Keep in mind that while the application of this product serves as joint pain relief, it is necessary to improve your habits, eat a healthy diet, and exercise regularly for the best results.
Are you in need of joint pain relief? If so, or if you want to prevent it, make this natural remedy and use to as an alternative treatment.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
Vargas Negrín, F., Medina Abellán, M. D., Hermosa Hernán, J. C., & De Felipe Medina, R. (2014). Tratamiento del paciente con artrosis. Atencion Primaria. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0212-6567(14)70043-5
Márquez Arabia, Jaime, & Márquez Arabia, Wiliam. (2014). Artrosis y actividad física Arthrosis and physical activity Arthrose et activité physique. Revista Cubana de Ortopedia y Traumatología.
Rodríguez-Hernández, J. L. (2004). Dolor osteomuscular y reumatológico. Revista de La Sociedad Espanola Del Dolor.
- Sharma R, Rao R, Kumar S, Mahant S, Khatkar S. Therapeutic Potential of Citronella Essential Oil: A Review. Curr Drug Discov Technol. 2019;16(4):330-339. doi: 10.2174/1570163815666180718095041. PMID: 30019646.