Carrulim Natural Remedy with Rue and Lemon
Although carrulim is a natural remedy known for helping renew the body's energy, it's also a cleansing drink that can help rid the body of toxins.
Carrulim is an ancient natural remedy from Paraguay. It’s the product of cane liqueur, rue, and lemon. People take it because they believe it may help clean the blood and renew energy.
In this article, you can discover everything about the mysterious and surprising carrulim natural remedy.
What is carrulim?
Carrulim is a medicinal alcoholic drink that, as its name indicates, contains cane liqueur, rue, and lemon. However, there are some varieties with other ingredients like honey and rosemary.
Read more here: Delicious and Medicinal Drinks with Pineapple Peel
This drink is made and consumed in Paraguay as well as in the neighboring countries of Brazil and Argentina.
The tradition states that it must be drunk on the 1st of August every year. On this day, you can find carrulim on any street corner.
Origin of carrulim natural remedy
The indigenous Guaraní culture of Paraguay recognizes that August is the most difficult month for our health and for our luck in general.
Because of this, they created a remedy that may help strengthen the body and renew and improve one’s energy.
According to tradition, carrulim is drunk on the 1st of August because this date represents the second entrance of the year. After all, it directly coincides with Paraguay’s winter.
When it comes to how to drink it, there are different options:
- Some say that you take three sips, while others prefer to drink seven.
- The most orthodox people choose to use a teaspoon since they say it’s so effective that it’s almost magical.
- However, there are others who abuse the remedy which, just like any other alcoholic beverage, has its negative consequences.
Rue is known for its energizing properties. At the physical level, it may help improve circulation and digestive functions.
In some cultures, we can see people hanging rue in the entrance of homes to protect them from any situation that may put them in danger. If the plant dies, it’s hung in another place for further benefits.
Rue shouldn’t be ingested during pregnancy since it is considered an abortive plant.
Lemon is one of the cleanest and best fruits to help detoxify the body. It may help eliminate toxins and, despite being acidic, it has the ability to regulate our pH levels and neutralize hyperacidity.
This citric fruit strengthens our immune system and may help improve the functions of the liver, the kidneys, and the intestines.
Just like rue, rosemary may help cleanse our bodies. Also, it’s an excellent plant for digestion that may help improve liver and intestine function.
Rosemary may help strengthen the immune system and fight off infections since it acts as a natural antibiotic.
Lastly, rosemary may help stimulate the body, moderately increase blood pressure, and help with circulation.
Our remedy without alcohol
From the old carrulim natural remedy recipe, we have made a more modern remedy without alcohol that still includes the medicinal ingredients:
- 1 organic lemon (the juice and the peel)
- 4 cups of water (1 liter)
- 1/2 tablespoon of rosemary (3 g)
- 1 tablespoon of rue (4 g)
- 2 tablespoons of honey (60 g)
- Squeeze the lemons and save the juice.
- Put the water to boil with the cut up lemon peel and rosemary. Let it cook for 15 minutes.
- When 13 minutes have passed, add the rue.
- Cover the pot and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Strain the mixture, add the lemon juice, and sweeten with the honey.
How to drink
Drink this remedy at various times:
- 2 glasses on an empty stomach.
- 1 glass at midmorning.
- 1 glass at mid-afternoon.
You can drink this medicinal beverage for 7 days.