8 Exercises to Treat Varicose Veins
Exercise is the most efficient way to avoid the appearance of varicose veins. However, maintaining a healthy and balanced diet and avoiding excess fats and salts are also fundamental.
Varicose veins are dilatations that make circulation more difficult. It’s very common for women who work every day at a desk to suffer from them. However, there are men who can also have this problem. Fortunately, certain exercises can help us treat varicose veins.
Also known as the most common circulatory disease after hypertension, varicose veins are primarily caused by prolonged time standing or sitting.
For women who wear high heels all day or sit with their legs crossed most of the day, this is a common ailment.
More importantly, if varicose veins aren’t treated, they can cause serious health problems. For example, consider thrombosis or ulcers.
If you suffer from varicose veins and need to get rid of them, we would like to present to you the 8 most recommended exercises to treat varicose veins naturally.
Exercises to Treat Varicose Veins
Exercise is one of the most efficient ways to avoid or reduce the appearance of and successfully treat varicose veins.
Doing these kinds of activities help strengthen leg muscles and favor healthy veins. It consists of simple and easy routines that you can do without the need of any special equipment.
If you have many and very noticeable varicose veins it is recommended that you consult a doctor, and find out what is happening.
Symptoms will be evaluated and medicine will be prescribed together with a special exercise routine.
Many times people suffer from cramps or spasms, associated with varicose veins and the circulatory complications that come with it.
These exercises will help alleviate your pain and of course, have more toned and attractive legs.
Read More: Things You Can Do To Prevent Spider Veins
This is a very common exercise routine used to treat varicose veins.
- It consists of simulating that you are pedaling a bicycle in the air.
- You can do this while laying in bed on a yoga mat.
- Pedal about 30 times and repeat as many times as you would like, making sure you rest in between sessions.
2. Riding a Bicycle
Related to the previous point made, we recommend using the bicycle. It is an excellent exercise for the whole body, especially for your legs.
- Make it habit to get out every day to the park or to go shopping while riding a bike, you will be doing exercise without knowing it.
- You can even take your family along with you. An hour of pedaling will do.
- If you’re not really into going to the park and prefer to stay at home, you can choose to use a stationary bike, which does the same thing a normal one does.
3. Leg Separations
You can do these while sitting on a chair, on a rug or directly on the bed.
- First lift up and spread your legs apart, then put them together by touching the tips of your toes together.
- Do 20 repetitions of this exercise.
- It will be difficult in the beginning, because it requires some strength but, with time, your legs will get stronger and it won’t be so complicated to accomplish.
4. Leg Rotations
- Lay down on a yoga mat, rug or bed and lift up a leg.
- With your leg stretched, do clockwise movements.
- Do 20 rotations and repeat with the other leg but with counterclockwise motions.
5. Heel-toe Flexes
- It is recommended to do these sitting down.
- Support your heels on the floor and lift up the tips of your feet.
- Then relax the tips of your feet and lift your heels.
- Repeat 20-30 times.
6. Toe Flexes
- Lay down on your bed or on a rug on the floor and stretch your legs.
- Flex your toes forwards and back, repeating this movement 20 times per leg.
- This exercise is excellent for improving venous return, besides toning the calf muscles.
7. Feet Together
You can do these sitting or laying down, whichever way is more comfortable for you.
- Put together and separate repeatedly the tips of your feet and repeat this exercise 20 times.
Walking on tiptoes is an excellent way to stretch muscles and avoid spasms thanks to the pressure this exercise exerts on the legs.
- You can remain in the same spot or walk on tiptoes.
- Repeat this as many times as you want and rest between each session.