Natural Remedies to Make Your Hair Grow Faster
In addition to diet and stress, it really matters how you treat and nourish. Learn about natural remedies to make your hair grow faster here.
Many women and men suffer because their hair doesn’t grow enough or as fast as they want it to. Although your hair grows an average of almost one centimeter and a half per month, many people complain their hair isn’t growing. However, here are some easy natural remedies that make your grow faster.
You might like: 4 Herbs and Spices to Promote Hair Growth
Hair growth and speed of growth don’t only have to do with how you treat your hair. Internal issues such as diet or stress can affect how fast your hair grows. Learn how to make your hair grow faster and stronger in the following article.
Natural Home Remedies to Make Your Hair Grow
Healthy hair is more likely to grow faster. To make your hair grow and look more healthy, you can try any of the following home remedies by applying them directly or consuming them.
9 Natural Remedies to Apply Directly to Your Hair
- Olive oil with rosemary: Both ingredients allow your hair to grow easily and effectively. Just put a half cup of oil with two tablespoons of rosemary in the microwave and heat it for two minutes. Cover and let sit for three days and then apply by gently massaging it into your hair between shampooing and conditioning.
- Egg shampoo: Egg whites have many properties that benefit your hair. Mix three egg whites together then apply the mixture to your hair. Let it sit for 15 minutes and then rinse it with plenty of warm water. Afterward, wash it like normal.
- Boiled potato water: Wash your hair with the water left over from boiling potatoes. Let it sit for a few minutes, rinse, and then wash normally.
- Aloe vera and honey: Remove the pulp from a few aloe leaves and extract the pulp or aloe. Mix it with two tablespoons of honey and apply it to your scalp. Leave it in for 20 minutes then wash normally.
- Tomato, olive oil, and aloe vera: Mash a tomato with a drop of olive oil and the pulp from an aloe leaf and apply it to your roots. Leave it in for as long as possible, then rinse.
- Plantains: Because of their vitamin E content, they make your hair grow longer. Crush a plantain and add a tablespoon of honey. Apply it to your roots, let it sit, and rinse.
Add These Natural Ingredients to Your Shampoo!
- Nettles: This is one of the most effective remedies to make your hair grow that exists. It helps nourish your hair and make it grow faster. Mix it into the shampoo that you normally use.
- Onions: Mince a medium sized onion and add it to your shampoo. Let it sit for 15 days then use it like always. This will make it grow more quickly and be shinier at the same time.
Natural Dietary Supplements to Make Your Hair Grow
These natural remedies can be consumed as food or drink and will provide you with sufficient nourishment to help your hair grow faster and stronger.
- Green tea: This infusion has many beneficial properties for your body, especially for making your hair healthy and strong. Drink green tea as many times a day as you want to enjoy its advantages.
- Olive oil and milk: Drink a glass of warm milk, preferably on an empty stomach, with a teaspoon of olive oil every day.
- Protein-filled breakfast: Start your day with a mixture of one tablespoon of soybean lecithin, wheat germ, honey, beer yeast, and yogurt.
- Natural oils and nuts: In order to make your hair grow strong, it’s essential that your body get vitamins B and E, which are found in vegetable oils (olive corn, sunflower), avocados, and in vegetables and nuts. Add them to your diet to help make your hair grow healthier.
You might like: Speed Up Your Hair Growth by Adding These 8 Foods to Your Diet
8 Tips on How to Make Your Hair Grow Quicker
Besides using or trying these very effective home remedies, it’s good to be conscious of some changes in lifestyle. Take note of the following tips to make your hair grow more quickly.
Diet and Nutrition Affect Hair Health
- Change your diet: Your daily diet influences how your hair looks a lot, which is why eating more foods full of nutrients and vitamins is a good option. Don’t forget to add fruit, vegetables, lean meats, and fish to your diet.
- Consume more vitamin B: You can find it in oily fish, nuts, or legumes.
- Consume more vitamin E: It is found in avocados, apples, plantains, and vegetable oils.
More Tips to Make Your Hair Grow
- Raise your blood flow: In order for your hair to grow, there has to be more blood “flowing” to the area. To do this, gently massage your roots for 5 to 10 minutes a day. You can do it while you are applying or removing shampoo and conditioner, when you are watching television, or before going to bed.
- Cut your ends with the moon in the last quarter: Although it may or may not be a myth, trimming your hair with the moon in the last quarter could make your hair grow faster and stronger in the next lunar quarter.
- Avoid extremely hot water: When you take a shower or wash your hair, don’t use almost boiling water. Use warm or room temperature water. When you do the last rinse, always blast it with cold water to close capillary follicles.
- Flip your hair over when combing: Always do this from the root to the tips. Your brush should have wide bristles. This will increase blood flow to your head, which results in hair growth.
- Treat your hair well: Don’t tie it up too tightly and try to use heat styling tools such as straighteners and blow dryers as little as possible. Don’t dye it too often or with aggressive dyes and try not to touch it when it’s dry.
Images courtesy of Michael Coghlan, Maegan Tintari, longhair broad, Jesse Acosta, Andrew Cuchling