Lose Some Weight with This Pineapple Ginger Smoothie
This pineapple ginger smoothie's properties keep you full and its thermogenic ingredients make it ideal for losing weight while maintaining your health.
This pineapple ginger smoothie is great for losing weight because the ingredients are low in calories but packed with nutrients. The best part is that it’ll keep you full for a long time. On top of all that, it’s delicious!
The right combination of ingredients is all it takes to work wonders on your taste buds and your body. You can drink this smoothie as a snack between meals, with your lunch, or as a replacement for breakfast once a week.
Remember that you should never substitute your bigger meals with this, or any other, smoothie. Though it’s loaded with nutrients, your body still needs a wider variety than this can offer by itself.
Below, we’ll tell you all about the benefits of pineapple and ginger, how they can help you lose weight, and how to make a delicious smoothie out of them!
Benefits of pineapples
This first ingredient for this pineapple ginger smoothie is high in vitamin C and fiber and very low in calories. One cup of fresh pineapple (150 g) makes a healthy addition to any breakfast. It’s also a perfect afternoon snack.
Pineapple is a great fruit for weight loss because it’s fat-free and low in calories: one cup has around 80 calories. Therefore, it’s all you need to keep your energy levels stable and those distracting hunger pangs away.
- Pineapple has the fifth highest water content among fruit. It’s generally somewhere around 87% water in its net weight. This means that it’ll help you stay hydrated on hot days without having to turn to artificially sweetened beverages.
- Lastly, pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain that’s good for your digestion.
Remember that having good digestion will prevent waste and toxins from building up, which could otherwise cause inflammation and extra kilos.
You might like:
Benefits of ginger
We’re big fans of the second ingredient in this weight-loss boosting pineapple ginger smoothie because it doesn’t add any calories. Also, ginger is actually a thermogenic ingredient. This means that it raises your body temperature and helps boost your metabolism, thus burning more fat.
- Ginger also can help you feel full, which means it will reduce your overall food intake. That’s why it’s considered a natural appetite suppressor. Natural appetite suppressors are safe and don’t have side effects.
- Ginger represses cortisol. Cortisol is a steroid hormone that we need for energy regulation and mobilization. However, high levels of cortisol increase abdominal fat build-up, which leads to weight gain.
- Eating ginger also lowers high levels of cholesterol, a big contributor to obesity. It helps significantly reduce serum cholesterol.
On a final note, ginger is good for your overall digestive system. It helps regulate movement in the stomach and intestines.
Pineapple ginger smoothie to help you lose weight
Here’s our pineapple ginger smoothie recipe. It’s very simple, budget-friendly, and most importantly, delicious. The best part is that it uses only a few ingredients, which means you can make it anytime you like.
Chia seeds add dietary fiber, omega-3 fatty acids and protein to the smoothie. The antioxidants in these seeds combat free radicals and prevent cell damage.
As if that weren’t enough, even the carbohydrates in chia seeds are fiber. This means that eating them will leave you feeling satisfied, help you lose weight, and regulate your digestion.
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple (150 g)
- Teaspoon of grated ginger (5 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds (15 g)
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a blender or juicer.
- Blend everything together at high speed until you have a smooth texture.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass and drink it immediately to get the most out of the nutrients.
You can sweeten the smoothie with a touch of honey if you find the pineapple to be too acidic. However, we don’t recommend it. Ginger normally balances out acidity.
You should drink this pineapple ginger smoothie right after you make it. The pineapple oxidizes over time and becomes less effective at fighting free radicals.