Lose Some Weight with This Pineapple Ginger Smoothie
Mixing pineapple and ginger in a smoothie can result in a flavorful combination that's perfect for enjoying anytime you want to break from routine.
This pineapple ginger smoothie is a different mixture, with a very particular taste and aroma. Both ingredients can help deflate your belly and, thereby, promote weight loss.
Refreshing and with a slight taste between sweet and spicy, this drink can be a good complement to your diet. Pineapple, as it’s a fruit that contains a lot of water, contributes to the body’s hydration and, in turn, stimulates urination.
Aspects to consider
Although its consumption can help supplement your diet and support weight loss, you should never substitute it for main meals. You should always consume it as a complement.
Remember that, while this drink is rich in various nutrients, your body needs the contributions of different food sources to function properly.
This pineapple and ginger smoothie helps you lose weight because its ingredients are low in calories and are loaded with nutrients. Learn more about them below!
Benefits of pineapple
- One cup of pineapple (150 g) contains about 80 calories, which is why it’s light and ideal option when you want to lose weight.
- Pineapple is the fifth fruit richest in water; about 87% of its net weight is water. In other words, it contributes to hydration.
- According to the Spanish Nutrition Foundation, it contains vitamin C and iodine.
- Finally, pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain that helps improve digestion.
Benefits of ginger
We’re big fans of the second ingredient in this weight-loss boosting pineapple ginger smoothie because it doesn’t add any calories. It’s an exotic root with a slight spicy taste.
- Since it’s a food that promotes digestion, it contributes to gastrointestinal health.
- It’s proven that ginger has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Ginger consumption also helps regulate cholesterol levels that are often attributed to diseases such as obesity.
- Also, ginger may help reduce cortisol levels, a hormone necessary for energy regulation and mobilization. In contrast, high cortisol levels increase the amount of abdominal fat accumulated, which causes weight gain.
- According to one study, ginger extract may contribute to the treatment of obesity and inflammation.
- There’s a hypothesis that ginger is a food that can promote the feeling of satiety which, in turn, can help you avoid the consumption of snacks and treats between meals.
Pineapple ginger smoothie to help you lose weight
Here’s our pineapple ginger smoothie recipe. You’ll see that it includes a few ingredients and it’s simple, budget-friendly, and delicious.
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple (150 g)
- A teaspoon of grated ginger (5 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 3 teaspoons of chia seeds (15 g)
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a blender or juicer.
- Blend everything together at high speed until you have a smooth texture.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass and drink it immediately to get the most out of the nutrients.
- Chia seeds add dietary fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and proteins to this smoothie.
- In addition, the antioxidants present in chia seeds fight free radicals and prevent cell damage and, consequently, aging.
- On the other hand, the carbohydrates present in chia seeds are in the form of fiber. Because of this, they leave you satiated. That helps you lose weight and promotes a healthy digestion.
Remember to consume this pineapple and ginger smoothie along with your breakfast or as a snack. Also, keep in mind that, it’s advisable to consume it immediately, since pineapple oxidizes quickly.