Lose Weight with This Pineapple Ginger Shake
This pineapple ginger shake is a different mixture, with a very particular taste and aroma. Both ingredients can help deflate your belly and, thereby, promote weight loss.
Refreshing and with a slight taste between sweet and spicy, this drink can be a good complement to your diet. Furthermore, pineapple, as it’s a fruit that contains a lot of water, contributes to the body’s hydration and, in turn, stimulates urination.
Things to consider
Although its consumption can help supplement your diet and support weight loss, you should never substitute it for main meals. You should always consume it as a complement.
Remember that, while this drink is rich in various nutrients, your body needs the contributions of different food sources to function properly.
This pineapple and ginger shake helps you lose weight because its ingredients are low in calories and are loaded with nutrients. Learn more about them below!
The benefits of pineapple
- One cup of pineapple contains about 80 calories, which is why it’s light and ideal option when you want to lose weight.
- Pineapple is the fifth fruit richest in water; about 87% of its net weight is water. In other words, it contributes to hydration.
- According to the Spanish Nutrition Foundation, it contains vitamin C and iodine.
- Finally, pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain that helps improve digestion.
The benefits of ginger
We’re big fans of the second ingredient in this weight-loss boosting pineapple ginger shake because it doesn’t add any calories. It’s an exotic root with a slight spicy taste.
- Since it’s a food that promotes digestion, it contributes to gastrointestinal health.
- It’s proven that ginger has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Ginger consumption also helps regulate cholesterol levels that are often attributed to diseases such as obesity.
- Also, ginger may help reduce cortisol levels, a hormone necessary for energy regulation and mobilization. In contrast, high cortisol levels increase the amount of abdominal fat accumulated, which causes weight gain.
- According to one study, ginger extract may contribute to the treatment of obesity and inflammation.
- There’s a hypothesis that ginger is a food that can promote the feeling of satiety which, in turn, can help you avoid the consumption of snacks and treats between meals.
- When used in drinks such as fruit smoothies, ginger provides a very pleasant taste. Depending on the amount, it’ll be more or less noticeable.
Note: Ginger is contraindicated in case of taking anticoagulant drugs, antihypertensive drugs and other chronic conditions. You shouldn’t consume it if you’re pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Pineapple ginger shake to help you lose weight
Here’s our pineapple ginger shake recipe. So, you’ll see that it includes a few ingredients and it’s simple, budget-friendly, and delicious.
- A tsp. of grated ginger
- 1 c. of water
- 1 c. of fresh pineapple
- Optional: 3 tsp. of chia seeds
- Firstly, mix all of the ingredients together in a blender or juicer
- Blend everything together at high speed until you have a smooth texture
- Finally, pour the shake into a glass and drink it immediately to get the most out of the nutrients
Final notes on the pineapple ginger shake
- Chia seeds add dietary fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and proteins to this smoothie.
- On the other hand, the carbohydrates present in chia seeds are in the form of fiber. Because of this, they leave you satiated. That helps you lose weight and promotes a healthy digestion.
- In addition, the antioxidants present in chia seeds improve the health of all organs and systems of the body, fight free radicals and prevent cell damage and, consequently, aging.
- These seeds can be combined with other seeds or with a few nuts, according to preference. The result will be a delicious, crunchy and nutritious mixture.
Remember to consume this pineapple and ginger shake along with your breakfast or as a snack. Also, keep in mind that, it’s advisable to consume it immediately, since pineapple oxidizes quickly.It might interest you...