Lose Weight with This Pineapple Ginger Smoothie
This pineapple ginger smoothie's properties keep us full and its thermogenic ingredients make it ideal for losing weight while taking care of our health
This pineapple ginger smoothie is great for losing weight because the ingredients are low in calories but packed with nutrients. The best part is that it’ll keep you full for a long time. Not to mention, it’s delicious!
You’ll find that the right combination of ingredients is all it takes to delight your taste buds and your body too. You can drink it as a snack between meals, along with your lunch or as a replacement for breakfast once a week.
Remember that you should never substitute your bigger meals with this, or any other, smoothie. Though it’s loaded in nutrients, your body needs a wide variety of nutrients.
Below, we’ll tell you all about the benefits of pineapple and ginger. After reading up on what they have to offer, you’ll find a recipe to prepare the smoothie.
Benefits of pineapples
The first ingredient for this pineapple ginger smoothie is high in vitamin C and fiber and very low in calories. One cup of fresh pineapple (150 g) makes a healthy addition to any breakfast. It’s also a perfect afternoon snack.
Pineapple is a great fruit for weight loss because it’s fat-free and low in calories: one cup of pineapple has around 80 calories. Therefore, it’s all you need to keep your energy levels stable and those distracting hunger pangs away.
- Pineapple has the fifth highest water content among fruit. It boasts around 87% of water in its net weight. This means that it’ll help you stay hydrated on hot days without having to turn to artificially sweetened beverages.
- Lastly, pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain that is good for your digestion.
Remember that having good digestion will prevent waste and toxins from building up, which can cause inflammation and extra kilos.
Check this out too: Lose Weight Every Day with Pineapple Rind
Benefits of ginger
We’re big fans of the second ingredient in this pineapple ginger smoothie because it doesn’t add any calories. Also, ginger is actually a thermogenic ingredient. This means that it raises your body temperature and helps boost your metabolism, thus burning more fat.
- Ginger also can help you feel full, which means it will reduce your overall food intake. That’s why it’s considered a natural appetite suppressor. Natural appetite suppressors are safe and don’t have side effects.
- Ginger represses cortisol. Cortisol is a steroid hormone that we need for energy regulation and mobilization. However, high levels of cortisol increase the amount of abdominal fat that accumulates, which leads to weight gain.
- Eating ginger also lowers high levels of cholesterol, a big contributor to obesity. Ginger helps significantly reduce serum cholesterol.
On a final note, ginger is good for your digestive system overall. It helps regulate movement in the stomach and intestines.
You may be interested in this too: 7 Benefits of Ginger Water on an Empty Stomach
Pineapple ginger smoothie
Here’s our pineapple ginger smoothie recipe. You’ll find that it’s very simple, budget-friendly and delicious. The best part is that it uses only a few ingredients, which means you can make it anytime you like.
Chia seeds add dietary fiber, omega 3 fatty acids and protein to the smoothie. The antioxidants in these seeds combat free radicals and prevent cell damage.
As if that wasn’t enough, you should know that the carbohydrates in chia seeds are fiber. Thus, eating them will leave you feeling satisfied, help you lose weight and regulate your digestion.
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple (150 g)
- Teaspoon of grated ginger (5 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds (15 g)
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a blender or juicer.
- Blend everything together at high speed until you have a smooth texture.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass and drink it immediately to get the most out of the nutrients.
You can sweeten the smoothie with a touch of honey if you find the pineapple to be too acidic. However, we don’t recommend it. Ginger normally balances out acidity.
You should drink this pineapple ginger smoothie right after you make it. The pineapple oxidizes over time and becomes less effective at fighting free radicals.