Lemon Water for Your Heart and Liver
In recent years, interest has grown in natural plants, especially for readily available and beneficial foods like lemons, which can help improve your health just like the vitamins you get at the pharmacy.
As you may already know, there are a lot of products on the market to detoxify and strengthen the liver. However, the majority of these medications often come with side effects when taken regularly.
Hence the importance of knowing how you can help your body with natural remedies like a morning glass of lemon water.
People value this remedy as a great way to effectively detoxify the body, but in today’s article, we want to delve a little deeper and talk to you about “organic chemistry” and how lemons can be beneficial for both your heart and liver.
Won’t you join us?
The benefits of lemon water for your liver
Lemon is one of the richest fruits in vitamins and minerals, and above all, in powerful antioxidants that not only stimulate the detoxification of the liver but also help it regenerate.
Don’t miss: The Incredible Properties of Lemon Peel Tea
We mustn’t forget that this vital organ in our bodies possesses an amazing ability to create new and healthy cells. With the right treatments and proper nutrition, we can cure fatty liver disease, for example.
Take a look at the high levels of vitamins and minerals in one serving of lemon juice:
- Vitamin C 53 mg
- Vitamin B1 .04 mg
- Vitamin B2 .02 mg
- Vitamin B3 .1 mg
- Vitamin B5 .19 mg
- Vitamin B6 .08 mg
- Vitamin B9 .011 mg
- Vitamin B7 5.1 mg
- Vitamin E .15 mg
- Alpha-carotene 1 microgram
- Beta carotene 3 micrograms
- Lutein and zeaxanthin 11 micrograms
- Calcium 26 mg
- Iron .6 mg
- Magnesium 8 mg
- Phosphorus 16 mg
- Potassium 138 mg
- Sodium 2 mg
- Zinc .06 mg
- Copper .037 mg
- Manganese .03 mg
- Selenium .0004 mg
That’s a lot, right? And all these compounds, mixed with warm distilled water without sugar, provide enzymatic benefits and acidic qualities that help an empty stomach to alkalize the body and carry these benefits over to the liver. It’s amazing.
Check out how lemon water can help your liver.
Treats fatty liver disease
- Warm water with lemon helps prevent cellular oxidation in the liver.
- Avoid the degeneration of this important organ caused by high levels of toxins and fat cells.
- Will regulate the absorption of sugars and fats, keeping your liver from being overworked.
- Thanks to its high content of antioxidants and the alkalizing power of lemons, it will detox the liver, allowing it to produce new, completely healthy cells.
- Also, remember that lemon juice is a natural antiseptic, which means it can help you control the harmful bacteria that enter your body with food.
Don’t forget to read: Fruits that Help Control Fatty Liver Disease
Protects against hepatic cirrhosis
Keep in mind that lemons are one of the fruits with the richest vitamin and mineral content. This makes them great for this type of liver disease and the acute vitamin deficiencies associated with it. Drinking a cup every morning is enough to start strengthening your liver.
This treatment works best when taken for 5 consecutive days, followed by 5 days off.
Detoxifies and prevents gallstones
Surprised? It’s true. Lemon juice is great for improving the health and treating any problem associated with the gallbladder. It works by facilitating the drainage of stone-containing bile juices into the duodenum to keep them from accumulating in this organ.
Benefits of lemon water for your heart
Drinking a warm glass of water with lemon on an empty stomach is a simple remedy that costs next to nothing to make and offers many benefits. You may not notice it first, but you will have better digestion, avoid colds and infections, and most importantly: your cardiac health will improve.
Want to know how lemon water can help you?
- It helps keep your veins and arteries elastic, avoiding arteriosclerosis.
- Prevents fatty plaques from sticking to the arteries and lowers bad cholesterol or LDL.
- Regulates blood pressure.
- Improves circulation, preventing clots.
- Inhibits the growth of dangerous bacteria in the blood.
How do I take a glass of warm water with lemon?
The best way to promote your general health is to take a warm glass of water with lemon on an empty stomach.
The reason you should take it on an empty stomach is because the citric acid more easily converts to an alkalizing agent in an empty stomach. It’s better absorbed and it’s beneficial properties are enhanced.
Experts on nutrition highlight these important points:
- Not all lemons are are the same. Avoid lemons that are too ripe because they contain too much sugar. Choose organic when possible and make sure the lemon is firm to the touch.
- Mix the juice of a half a lemon with a glass of warm water. Make sure the water is low in minerals.
- Follow this remedy for 5 consecutive days and then take a break from between 2 to 5 days before starting back up. See how you feel and how your body reacts, but in general, this simple remedy is really healthy.