Natural Remedies for Cleaner Arteries
Clogged arteries can cause a heart attack. That’s why it’s so important to strive for unclogged, cleaner arteries for a better quality of life.
The food you eat every day could be damaging to your health, and it could be clogging the walls of your arteries. It might even reach the point where blood flow to the heart and other arteries is completely obstructed. Read the following article for natural remedies and foods to help clean your arteries.
The best foods for cleaner arteries
- Garlic: Have you ever seen how many properties garlic has? It’s in a ton of home remedies due to its excellent health benefits. This is because of the amount of antioxidants in garlic that fight bodily damage. It helps reduce fat in the arteries (low density lipoproteins, LDL, or “bad” cholesterol). Garlic also increases “good” cholesterol levels (HDL – high density lipoproteins). It reduces blood pressure and blood flow. Finally, you can consume it raw or cooked, in an endless list of dishes.
- Oatmeal: Low in carbohydrates and absorbs up to seven times its size in water. It is commonly used in industrial appetizers, pastries, cakes and meat. This food reduces cholesterol’s ability to “stick” to artery walls. In turn, it prevents the formation of arteriosclerosis and reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Pomegranate juice: Studies from Naples, Italy and Los Angeles, California have shown that pomegranate juice surpasses any other fruit for most antioxidants. That even goes for super-fruits like blueberries, oranges and blackberries! They fight arterial damage and arteriosclerosis.
- Apples: This delicious fruit is high in pectin, a fiber that bonds to cholesterol, thereby reducing cholesterol levels and keeper cleaner arteries. It also contains flavonoids, which reduce the risk of suffering from a heart attack by 50%, when consumed regularly.
- Oily fish: They contain Omega-3 fatty acids. These are currently very popular, but the body also needs for good functioning. Oily fish can help unclog arteries. Good fish choices include: sardines, herring, trout, tuna, mackerel, and salmon.
- Walnuts: High is monounsaturated fats and Omega-3 fatty acids. Other nuts are also recommended, like almonds, hazelnuts, peanuts and pecans. Walnuts can be eaten as an hors d’oeuvres, appetizers, or a snack.
- Olive oil: Another most “powerful” food. You need to consume extra-virgin and cold pressed oil so that it doesn’t lose its properties. It adds flavor to your meals and dishes, and also reduces the risk of suffering from heart disease. This is because olive oil is a monounsaturated fat, and therefore is less likely to become saturated. “Oxidized” cholesterol is what could create plaque, which is what sticks to artery walls.
- Avocado: This fruit contains a large amount of monounsaturated fats, which do not oxidize in the body. They therefore do not increase the risk of suffering from arteriosclerosis or plaque build-up in the arteries.
You might like:
What are the 10 best fats you can’t leave out of your diet?
- Tomato: Rich in lycopene. This oxidizer reduces the possibilities of bad (LDL) cholesterol oxidizing and sticking to artery walls. It’s not a bad idea to include raw tomatoes in your meals every day.
- Spinach: Popeye was always so strong because he ate spinach! Spinach has been proven to have a large amount of vitamins A and C, which prevent cholesterol from oxidizing. This thereby reduced the risk of arteriosclerosis. Spinach is a leafy green (like Swiss chard or lettuce), which provide a lot of good benefits to the body.
- Whole grains: Things like whole grain rice, black or Rye bread, and oatmeal flour are excellent for heart health. This is because of the amount of soluble fiber they contain, which helps reduce bad cholesterol and prevents plaque from forming in the arteries.
- Asparagus: this is one of the best blood and artery cleansers around. It releases blood pressure in the veins and also prevents harmful – perhaps even fatal – blood clots from forming.
You might like:
Heathy Food Your Body Will Thank You For
Three recipes for cleaner arteries
Do you feel tired and don’t know why? Have your blood tests have shown that you have high cholesterol, but you don’t want to take medication for it? Are you looking for a natural alternative? Take note of the following three home recipes, which will naturally lead to cleaner arteries.
- Mix half a cup of apple cider vinegar with one clove of garlic (minced), until well blended. Drink before breakfast in the morning and chase it with a glass of water. Repeat every day for one week.
- Blend three carrots and two apples. Place it in the fridge, and drink later. If possible, do so before eating breakfast in the morning. Repeat for seven days.
- Make a smoothie with three tablespoons of honey and one tablespoon of lemon juice. Add two tablespoons of warm water. Mix well and drink every day for one week.