Natural Remedies to Clean Your Arteries
Having clogged arteries can cause a heart attack. That’s why it’s so important to keep them “clean” and “unclogged”, for a better quality of life.
The food you eat every day could be damaging to your health, and it could be clogging the walls of your arteries until blood flow to the heart, and other arteries, is completely obstructed. Read the following article for natural remedies and foods to help clean your arteries.
The best foods for cleaning your arteries
- Garlic: Have you ever seen how many properties garlic has? It is used in the vast majority of home remedies lists due to its excellent health benefits. This is because the amount of antioxidants that they contain that fight bodily damage. It helps reduce fat in the arteries (low density lipoproteins, LDL, or “bad” cholesterol). It also increases “good” cholesterol levels (HDL – high density lipoproteins), it reduces blood pressure and blood flow. You can consume it raw or cooked in an endless list of dishes.
- Oatmeal: low in carbohydrates and absorbs up to seven times its size in water. It is commonly used in industrial appetizers, pastries, cakes and meat. This food is so simple, it reducing cholesterol’s ability to “stick” to artery walls, preventing the formation of arteriosclerosis and reducing the risk of suffering from heart disease.
- Pomegranate juice: Researches in Naples, Italy and Los Angeles, California have shown that the large amount of antioxidants in pomegranate juice surpass that of any other fruit or ingredients, even blueberries, oranges and blackberries (the best that exist). They fight arterial damage and arteriosclerosis.
- Apples: this delicious fruit is high in pectic, a fiber that bonds to cholesterol, thereby reducing cholesterol levels. It also contains flavonoids, which reduce the risk of suffering from a heart attack by 50%, when consumed regularly.
- Oily fish: they contain Omega-3 fatty acids (which are currently very popular), which the body needs for good functioning. They also unclog arteries. Good fish choices include: sardines, herring, trout, tuna, mackerel, and salmon.
- Walnuts: high is monounsaturated fats and Omega-3 fatty acids. Other nuts are also recommended, like almonds, hazelnuts, peanuts and pecans. They can be eaten as an hors d’oeuvres, an appetizer or as a snack.
- Olive oil: another most “powerful” food. You need to consume extra-virgin and cold pressed oil so that it doesn’t lose its properties. It adds flavor to your meals and dishes, and also reduces the risk of suffering from heart disease. This is because olive oil is a monounsaturated fat, and therefore is less likely to become saturated. “Oxidized” cholesterol is what could create plaque, which is what sticks to artery walls.
- Avocado: this fruit contains a large amount of monounsaturated fats, which do not oxidize in the body. They therefore do not increase the risk of suffering from arteriosclerosis or creating plaque in the arteries.
- Tomato: rich in licopene. This oxidizer reduces the possibilities of bad, or LDL cholesterol, from oxidizing and sticking to artery walls. It’s best to include raw tomatoes in your meals every day.
- Spinach: the reason Popeye was always so strong was because he ate spinach. Spinach has been proven to have a large amount of vitamins A and C, which prevent cholesterol from oxidizing, thereby reducing the risk of arteriosclerosis. It is a leafy green vegetable (like Swiss chard or lettuce), which provide a lot of good benefits to the body.
- Whole grains: whole grain rice, for example, black or Rye bread, and oatmeal flour. They are excellent for heart health. This is because of the amount of soluble fiber they contain, which helps reduce bad cholesterol and prevents plaque from forming in the arteries.
- Asparagus: this is one of the best blood and artery cleansers around. It releases blood pressure in the veins and also prevents harmful, perhaps even fatal blood clots from forming.
Three recipes for cleaning your arteries
If you feel tired and don’t know why, if your blood tests have shown that you have high cholesterol, and you don’t want to take medication for it (or if you’re looking for a natural alternative to help treatment), take note of the following three home recipes, which will help to naturally clean your arteries.
- Mix half a cup of apple cider vinegar with one clove of garlic (minced), until well blended. Drink before breakfast in the morning and chase it with a glass of water. Repeat for one whole week.
- Blend three carrots and two apples. Place it in the fridge, and drink later. If possible, do so before eating breakfast in the morning. Repeat for seven days.
- Make a smoothie with three tablespoons of honey with one tablespoon of lemon juice. Add two tablespoons of warm water. Mix well and drink every day for one week.