The Incredible Properties of Lemon Peel Tea
We all know that lemons are good for us, but what about the peel? In today's article we look at the amazing properties of lemon peel tea
Have you ever tried lemon peel tea? It’s delicious! But not only that, this natural infusion is a medicinal remedy that is capable of taking care of your everyday health. When you try it, you won’t be able to stop. Its acidic, refreshing, and its revitalizing taste will bring a real zest to your life!
The great benefits of lemon peel tea
Lemon peel tea is a traditional remedy in many countries. It’s great to drink in the morning or after lunch, always accompanied by a natural sweetener, like honey, for example. You will find all of these benefits:
- Lemon peel tea is perfect for eliminating gases. This type of discomfort tends to happen at mid afternoon or after a heavy meal. Every time it happens to you, drink a cup of lemon peel tea and it will relieve your bloating and gas in a question of minutes.
- This natural remedy is great for your liver. It will reduce inflammation and boost the correct processing of its enzymes and minerals.
- Lemon peel tea favors alkaline levels in your blood.
- Besides that, it will cleanse your body and help to prevent the fluid retention.
- It is also a good astringent.
- Drinking lemon peel tea regularly will help reinforce your immune system.
- It will help you to avoid getting colds and flus.
- It is an antiseptic.
- Reduces bad breath.
- Eliminates excess grease from the skin.
- It is a good regulator of arterial tension.
- And, finally, lemon peel tea also helps you lose weight. You will eliminate toxins, activate your metabolism, and burn fats.
See also: 6 Smoothies to Eliminate Toxins
However, you shouldn’t drink this lemon peel-based infusion if you have gastritis. Due to the irritation to the mucus membranes, your stomach may react badly.
How to make lemon peel tea
What You Will Need
- A liter of water
- Two lemon peels
- Juice of a lemon
- 4 tablespoons of honey
How to Make it
- It’s very simple. First of all boil a liter of water.
- Once this is hot, add the peels from the two lemons (that you have washed).
- Then let it boil and, after that, add the natural juice from a lemon.
- Let it boil for 20 more minutes and then add the honey and let stand for 10 minutes.
- After this, pour this into a glass bottle. Leave it outside of the refrigerator and in a place with no light.
How to Drink it
- You can drink two cups a day and a liter every two days, whatever you prefer. As a result, it will raise your defenses, avoid colds and flues, and cleanse your body. It’s best to drink the first cup of lemon peel tea on an empty stomach. Then, wait for a half hour before eating breakfast.
- Drink the next cup after lunch, to improve digestion.
- If you want to lose a few kilos, you can continue with another cup in the mid afternoon, and another before going to bed. Accompanied with a healthy and balanced diet, you will be able to cleanse your body from toxins and get rid of fat. It’s best to carry out this treatment every two days.
- If you only want to raise your defenses, take care of your liver, and improve digestion, it’s enough to drink one or two cups a day. It’s a simple and delicious remedy that will do wonders for your health and your family’s.
As a alternative, we also recommend that you try orange peel tea. It is also very refreshing and medicinal. You make it the same way as the lemon peel tea, but just add half an ounce of ground cinnamon and a few ice cubes. As a result, you’ll get a drink that’s great for lowering cholesterol, preventing inflammation and losing weight. Don’t think twice about trying it out!