Lemon and Flaxseed Water: Does it Help with Weight Loss?
Have you tried this in your diet yet? Try making this recipe at home today and discover how great it is for your weight and figure. Don't forget to pair it with a low-fat diet and exercise.
Both lemon and flaxseeds contain nutrients that boost the body’s metabolism. By including them in our diet, we can reduce cravings and improve our digestive and liver functions that play a role in weight loss.
These days, there are many people who want to know how to make this lemon and flaxseed water because it’s a simple way to fight obesity.
What are its main benefits?
We’ll explain how you can benefit from this drink in further detail below.
What makes lemon and flaxseed water a good weight loss option?
Losing weight is a complicated process that can vary depending on each person’s body. Though a healthy diet and exercise are keys for success, there are some people that still have a hard time meeting their goals.
First off, starting to change lifestyle habits isn’t easy, especially if a person has always lived a sedentary lifestyle. Another problem is that not everyone’s metabolism works the same; some systems work faster while others don’t.
However, all of that aside, there are several natural tricks that can help us lose weight without having to suffer too much. Lemon and flaxseed water, for example, boasts nutrients and slimming effects that can support our diet.
Drinking it regularly won’t only help detox your body, but it’ll also improve your immune system and prevent certain diseases. In addition, this drink also can reduce the secretion of hunger hormones and is a low-calorie way to keep your body hydrated.
You might be interested in reading: 6 Amazing Benefits of Flaxseed Water
The slimming benefits of lemons
Lemon juice is a natural ingredient that often stars in weight loss plans. Thanks to its high vitamin C and essential mineral content, it’s a well-rounded food-source that strengthens our immune system and improves our overall condition.
It’s been known for decades that lemons have diuretic, antioxidant and alkalizing properties. As a result, lemons are great not only for weight loss, but for overall health as well. Regularly consuming lemon can fight inflammation and product cells from several antigens that can give us trouble. This is because it:
- Contains antioxidants, polyphenols, which help reduce the amount of fat cells in the body.
- Has citric acid that stimulates bile secretion, which is a substance produced by the gall bladder that works to digest lipids.
- Has dietetic fiber content that improves digestion and curbs food cravings.
- Helps keep bad cholesterol under control while reducing the risk of diabetes.
The benefits of flaxseeds for losing weight
Recently, more and more people have been adding flaxseeds into their diet. After finding out that they’re great for digestion and weight control, many sought them out for themselves. Despite their small size, they’re an incredible source of nutrients.
- They contain a small about of omega 3 fatty acids, which have an anti-inflammatory action and boast cardiovascular benefits.
- 28% of its weight is dietetic fiber, which helps control cholesterol and improve digestion.
- Flaxseeds contain antioxidants that help cells perform their best and limit the damage that results from oxidative stress.
- In addition, they also can provide high amounts of mucilage, which is a substance that helps regulate blood glucose levels.
- Their enzymes help the body more easily decompose fats and proteins, preventing them from building up.
How can you make lemon and flaxseed water to lose weight?
To get the most out of the slimming properties of these foods, there’s no better way than to follow this recipe. You should drink it every day for health benefits while getting closer to your weight loss goals.
- 4 classes of water (1 liter)
- 2 tablespoons of flaxseeds (20 g)
- The juice of 1 lemon
- Pour the water into a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the flaxseeds and bring down the heat.
- Leave to cook 3 or 4 minutes more and remove from heat.
- Cover the pot and leave to cool.
- When cool enough to drink, strain the water and add the lemon juice.
- Have a glass of lemon and flaxseed water on an empty stomach.
- Portion the remaining water for 3 or 4 more servings.
- Drink again at least 3 times per week.
Have you tried this in your diet yet? Try making this recipe at home today and discover how great it is for your weight and figure. Don’t forget to pair it with a low-fat diet and exercise.