Can a Lemon-Flaxseed Beverage Help You Lose Weight?
A lemon-flaxseed beverage is quite refreshing and has become popular as a weight loss supplement but won’t burn fat overnight. Its intake within a healthy lifestyle can provide some benefits.
Below we’ll tell you more about its ingredients and how to make it to promote the loss of those extra pounds.
Why is a lemon-flaxseed beverage a good weight loss option?
Losing weight is a complicated process that can vary depending on each person’s body. However, in general, we recommend daily exercise to people who wish to lose weight along with maintaining a well-balanced diet, according to their needs and objectives.
First off, starting to change lifestyle habits isn’t easy, especially if a person has always looked for simple ways out. One of these ways is by resorting to lemon-flaxseed beverages and others alike. They won’t lead to miraculous results but are a much better option than any industrial beverage.
You might be interested in reading Six Amazing Benefits of Flaxseed Water
The slimming benefits of lemons
Lemon juice is a common natural ingredient in weight loss plans. This is because people often claim that its acidity can help “burn” fat.
However, this isn’t exactly the case. Lemon juice doesn’t “travel” to the parts of the body where there’s excess fat and “burns” them. It goes directly to the stomach and is broken down there, just like any other foods or beverages you consume.
Consuming lemon juice could be beneficial in promoting weight loss when it replaces commercial beverages (soft drinks, teas, flavored waters, etc.) and if you adopt a healthy lifestyle. All the better if you drink it without sugar or any other sweeteners.
The antioxidants and vitamin C in this citrus may provide several health benefits. For example, both reduce oxidative stress and improve the health of all organs and systems in the body.
The benefits of flaxseeds for losing weight
In the last decade, more and more people have been incorporating flax seeds into their diet. After finding out that they’re great for digestion and weight control, many sought them out for themselves. They’re an incredible source of nutrients despite their small size.
- They contain a small about of omega 3 fatty acids, which have an anti-inflammatory action and boast cardiovascular benefits
- 28% of its weight is dietetic fiber, which helps control cholesterol and improves digestion
- Because of their fiber content, they’re also great for controlling food cravings and maintaining satiety for a longer period of time
- Flaxseeds contain antioxidants that help cells perform their best and limit the damage that results from oxidative stress
- In addition, they also can provide high amounts of mucilage, which is a substance that helps regulate blood glucose levels
- Their enzymes help the body more easily decompose fats and proteins, preventing build up
Lemon-flaxseed beverage recipe
If you want to avoid consuming soft drinks or other industrial beverages while losing weight, then you must consider the following lemon-flaxseed beverage, it contains two sources of antioxidants that’ll do you a lot of good in general terms.
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 4 c. of water
- 2 tbsp. of flaxseeds
- Pour the water into a pot and bring it to a boil
- Once boiling, add the flaxseeds and bring down the heat
- Leave to cook 3 or 4 minutes more and remove from heat
- Cover the pot and allow it to cool down
- When cool enough to drink, strain the water and add the lemon juice
- You can enjoy it at room temperature or you can add a few ice cubes
Take advantage of it
A lemon-flaxseed beverage can be part of your diet and boost your daily hydration.
Keep in mind that it won’t lead to weight loss overnight, and the acidity of the lemon won’t “burn fat.” However, it’s a better option than industrial beverages which contain a lot of refined sugar and other harmful substances.
In short, complement your diet with this beverage and focus on adopting and maintaining over time a healthy lifestyle that’ll keep you healthy.