How to Make Light Flan Napolitano
Did you know that it's possible to make flan with stevia instead of sugar? Discover this delicious light flan napolitano recipe here!
Would you like to make a light, sugar-free dessert? In this article, we’ll show you how to make delicious and light flan Napolitano.
Flan is a dessert that’s hard to resist. In fact, both adults and children usually love it. However, the best part of all is that you can make it without sugar to reduce its caloric intake! You’ll see that it’s equally delicious as classic flan.
Light flan Napolitano recipe
Flan napolitano with stevia has fewer calories than classic flan.
Flan Napolitano stands out due to its sponginess. Its air-filled texture makes this dessert melt in your mouth and invites you to eat more. Making it is much easier than you might have thought. You’ll see that it’s a fast and tasty dessert that will surprise your entire family.
As for its nutritional properties, the flan mixture is made with milk and eggs. For this recipe, we decided to use skim milk because we want to make sure it’s low in calories.
It’s important to note that, although skim milk is rich in calcium and iodine and has the same proportions of lactose and sugar than whole milk, it does lose vitamins A and D in the fat removal process. If you want your flan to contain these vitamins, use whole milk.
Meanwhile, eggs are nutritious. They contain high-quality protein and monounsaturated fatty acids. Also, they contain vitamins A, B (B2, B3, B12, and folate), phosphorus, iodine, and selenium.
We decided to use ricotta cheese instead of condensed milk and stevia instead of sugar to reduce its caloric intake and make it a dessert suitable for diabetics. Of course, if you wish, you can substitute stevia for sugar.
You should definitely read this article: Coconut Almond Cookies: a Quick and Healthy Recipe
Ingredients for flan Napolitano for 10 people
- 2 1/2 cups of skim milk
- 1 1/4 cups of ricotta
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of stevia powder
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil cooking spray (the necessary amount)
Ingredients for the caramel
- 50 g of sucralose powder
- 3 tablespoons of water
- A splash of lemon juice
You should also read: Delicious Fat-free, Eggless Vegan Carrot Cake
Preparation of flan Napolitano
Try decorating your flan with fruits. It’s both delicious and beautiful!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the skim milk, ricotta cheese, and stevia with an electric mixer.
- When you get a smooth mixture, add the vanilla extract and mix again. Set aside.
- Prepare the caramel. To do this, put a casserole pot over low heat and incorporate the sucralose. Stir until it changes color to a sandy tone. Turn off heat and add the water and lemon juice. Stir constantly.
- Spray the flan dish or dishes with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Pour the caramel and then the flan Napolitano mixture into the dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil and prepare a water bath in the oven. Pour water into a tray until you can cover 1/3 of your flan dish and then place the flan dish inside.
- Cook for approximately one hour at 350°F. Make sure that the water doesn’t evaporate. If it does, add more.
- Prick the flan with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, your flan Napolitano is ready.
- Let cool so you can unmold it smoothly.
- You can use almond milk instead of skim milk (the same amounts).
- Garnish your flan Napolitano with all sorts of fruits: strawberries, cherries, berries…Whatever you want!
- If you like dulce de leche, pour a tablespoon over your flan!
- You can substitute the ricotta cheese with condensed milk. However, you should know that this increases its caloric intake because condensed milk contains a lot of sugar.
What did you think about this light flan Napolitano recipe? Try making it today!