Improve Your Digestion and Relieve Inflammation With This Papaya and Almond Milk Smoothie
This smoothie can help improve your digestion and get rid of gas, but if the problem doesn't go away it is essential to see a specialist for an examination so that you can rule out possible complications.
“Digestion” refers to a complex set of processes that are responsible for absorbing nutrients from foods and then removing the waste that the body does not need.
Having a well functioning digestive system is essential for your health and also influences the activity of the metabolism, hormonal health and even your emotions.
The problem is that, even if you have a good diet, digestive problems can sometimes arise. These may trigger inflammatory reactions, pain, gas and a wide range of symptoms that can interfere with your daily activities.
Fortunately, when it’s not a serious condition, you can control these symptoms by taking advantage of the digestive properties of certain foods.
In this article, we’re going to suggest a papaya and almond milk smoothie that calms and prevents heartburn, constipation and other common gastric ailments.
Give it a try!
Papaya and almond milk smoothie to improve digestion
A papaya and almond milk smoothie is one of the healthy drinks for problems with the digestive system.
Its combination of ingredients calms the burning sensation caused by excess acid juices and also reduces inflammation and acidity. Plus, it:
- Contains significant quantities of papain, an enzyme which regulates digestion and so prevents problems like constipation.
- Provides dietary fiber and anti-inflammatory compounds that help to reestablish intestinal movements and thus remove gas and waste.
- Provides a small amount of omega 3 fatty acids and essential amino acids, which regulate the absorption of cholesterol in the intestine.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties that calm stomach pain and reduce abdominal bloating noticeably.
- Promotes joint health, not only because it helps to eliminate toxins but also because it fights inflammation and liquid retention.
- Doesn’t contain lactose and so is suitable for those who are lactose intolerant.
How to prepare this papaya and almond milk smoothie
Preparing this papaya and almond milk smoothie will only take you a few minutes. You can make it when you experience digestive problems or equally you can drink it regularly to support your digestion.
Almond milk provides a significant amount of calories. However, it doesn’t make you gain weight, but rather helps to maintain good energy levels.
We recommend you make your own almond milk so that you can guarantee that it is 100% organic. You can buy it under different brands in the shops but many of them contain sugar and unhealthy chemical additives.
- 3 slices of ripe papaya
- 1 glass of almond milk (200 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g) (optional)
- Cut up the slices of ripe papaya and then put them in the blender.
- Add the almond milk and switch on the blender to top speed.
- Blend the ingredients until you have a creamy liquid without lumps.
- To end, if you prefer a sweeter flavor, add a tablespoon of honey.
Method of consumptioon
- Drink the smoothie on an empty stomach and wait for at least 30 minutes before having breakfast.
- Drink it up to twice a day, without exceeding the portions recommended to avoid an excess of calories.
- Enjoy it 2 or 3 times a week, or whenever you experience digestive problems.
We recommend you read:
To bear in mind…
Drinking this smoothie is a good complement to improve your digestion; however, it is essential to improve your dietary habits in general, especially if your diet contains a lot of fat and refined products.
- Ensure you eat between 5 and 6 portions of fruit and vegetables a day.
- Replace refined cereals with wholegrain cereals.
- Don’t forget to consume sources of fatty acids, amino acids and dietary fiber.
- Increase your daily consumption of water (between 6 and 8 glasses).
- In addition to this, do regular physical exercise and avoid stressful situations.
Are your digestive problems persistent? If you regularly experience inflammation with gas and abdominal pain, see your doctor.
It’s true that you can control it with this smoothie and some other remedies; however, we mustn’t ignore the fact that these symptoms can warn us of more serious illnesses.
So, if you suspect a more serious problem, ask for the corresponding medical examinations.