Improve Your Digestion with This Papaya and Almond Milk Smoothie
This smoothie can help improve your digestion and get rid of gas. However, if the problem doesn't go away, you must go see your doctor to rule out any possible complications.
Digestion is a complex set of processes that are responsible for absorbing nutrients from foods and then removing the waste that the body doesn’t need.
Having a well-functioning digestive system is essential for your health and also influences the metabolism, hormonal health, and even your emotions.
The problem is that, even if you have a good diet, digestive problems can sometimes arise. These may trigger inflammatory reactions, pain, gas and a wide range of symptoms that can interfere with your daily activities.
Read more here: Three Perfect Recipes for People with Digestive Problems
Fortunately, when it’s not a serious condition, you can control these symptoms by taking advantage of the digestive properties of certain foods.
In this article, we’re going to suggest a papaya and almond milk smoothie that can improve your digestion and prevent heartburn, constipation, and other common gastric ailments. Try it out today!
Papaya and almond milk smoothie to improve your digestion
A papaya and almond milk smoothie can relieve digestive problems. Its combination of ingredients calms the burning sensation caused by excess gastric juices and also reduces inflammation and acidity. Plus, it:
- Contains significant quantities of papain, an enzyme that regulates digestion and prevents problems like constipation.
- Provides dietary fiber and anti-inflammatory compounds that help reestablish intestinal movements to expel gas and waste.
- Provides a small amount of omega-3 fatty acids and essential amino acids which regulate the absorption of cholesterol in the intestines.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties that calm stomach pain and reduce abdominal bloating noticeably.
- Promotes joint health, not only because it helps eliminate toxins but also because it fights inflammation and liquid retention.
- Doesn’t contain lactose, meaning it’s suitable for those who are lactose intolerant.
How to prepare this papaya and almond milk smoothie
Preparing this papaya and almond milk smoothie will only take you a few minutes. You can make it when you experience digestive problems or you can drink it regularly to support your digestion.
Almond milk provides a significant amount of calories. However, it doesn’t make you gain weight, but rather helps to maintain good energy levels.
We recommend you make your own almond milk so that you can guarantee that it’s 100% organic. You can also buy it, but many brands contain sugar and unhealthy chemical additives.
- 3 ripe papaya slices
- 1 glass of almond milk (200 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g) (optional)
- Cut up the papaya slices and then put them in the blender.
- Add the almond milk and switch on the blender to top speed.
- Blend the ingredients until you get a creamy, lump-free liquid.
- If you prefer a sweeter flavor, add a tablespoon of honey.
Method of consumption
- Drink the smoothie on an empty stomach and wait at least 30 minutes before having breakfast.
- Drink it up to twice a day, without exceeding the portions recommended to avoid an excess of calories.
- Enjoy it 2 or 3 times a week or whenever you experience digestive problems.
Keep in mind…
Drinking this smoothie is a good complement to improve your digestion. However, it’s essential to improve your dietary habits in general, especially if your diet contains a lot of fat and refined products.
- Be sure to eat between 5 and 6 portions of fruits and vegetables a day.
- Replace refined cereals with wholegrain cereals.
- Don’t forget to consume sources of fatty acids, amino acids, and dietary fiber.
- Increase your daily consumption of water (between 6 and 8 glasses).
- In addition to this, do regular physical exercise and avoid stressful situations.
Are your digestive problems persistent? If you regularly experience inflammation with gas and abdominal pain, go see your doctor.
It’s true that you can improve your digestion with this smoothie and some other remedies. However, we mustn’t ignore the fact that these symptoms can be signaling more serious illnesses. If you suspect a more serious problem, go see a doctor.