A Hand Lotion Made with Cocoa Butter and Vitamin E
Moisturizing your skin with this cocoa butter-vitamin E lotion is an easy, healthy habit. After all, it helps you to counteract the negative effects of dust, cleaning products, and the environment.
It’s also easy to ignore. But, the skin on your hands can easily lose its natural moisture over time, which makes it susceptible to injury and signs of aging.
Luckily, there are some 100% natural remedies that can help. They help rehydrate and regenerate your skin by giving it a boost of nutrients and benefits.
Today we’d like to share a recipe for a homemade cocoa butter-vitamin E hand lotion.
Hydrating hand lotion with cocoa butter and vitamin E
Combining cocoa and vitamin E makes for a hand cream with hydrating and restorative properties. In fact, its antioxidants even encourage cellular regeneration. Overall, applying it regularly can make big strides towards getting dry hands to look better.
Learn to make these Seven Remedies to Prevent and Cure Sunburns
The benefits of cocoa butter
Cocoa butter is known in the cosmetic industry for its versatility and hydrating powers. It’s a natural product that’s great for revitalizing dry, sensitive skin. It contains lots of fatty acids, vitamin E, and proteins. Once absorbed, these help to keep your skin’s natural moisture while your cells repair themselves. It also contains antioxidants and essential minerals that help take care of your skin health and reduce the risk of premature wrinkles.
In addition, it has healing and anti-inflammatory properties. These are great for speeding up healing from superficial wounds or burns. Furthermore, its hydrating effect counteracts damage caused by UV rays.
The benefits of vitamin E
Vitamin E oil can both hydrate and protect, helping to maintain your skin’s beauty. Plus, it’s easy to find capsule supplements at pharmacies and cosmetic stores. It’s said to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Both of these are able to heal your skin from damage caused by the sun, heat sources, and rapid changes in climate.
It can also reduce oxidative stress and speed up cellular regeneration. Furthermore, applying it to your hands helps to keep them smooth and moisturized.
Natural cocoa butter-vitamin E hand lotion recipe
- 1 vitamin E capsule
- 4 tbsp. cocoa butter
- Optional: 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- First, add the cocoa butter to a heat-resistant container, and place it in a double boiler
- Once it melts, add the contents of a vitamin E capsule
- If you want, you can also add the coconut oil and mix it in
- When it’s mixed well, take it off of the heat and let it cool to room temperature
- Pour the cream into a container with a lid and use it every day
How to use it
- First, take a small amount of the cream and rub it on your hands and cuticles
- Then, massage it until it’s completely absorbed
- Repeat this up to 3 times per day
- Add it to your personal care routine, preferably every day
Do you want to make your own cocoa butter and vitamin E hand cream? As you can see, it’s pretty easy. Buy the ingredients in your favorite drugstore and start to enjoy its fantastic properties!
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Codini, M., Díaz Vélez, F., Ghirardi, M., & Villavicencio, I. (2004). Obtención y utilización de la manteca de cacao. Invenio. https://doi.org/0329-3475
- Sayago A, Marin M, Aparicio R, M. M. (2007). Vitamina E y aceites vegetales. Grasas y Aceites. https://doi.org/0017-3495
- Office of Dietary Suplements. (2007). Datos sobre la Vitamina E 1. National Institutes of Health. https://doi.org/http://dx.doi.org/10.1176/appi.ps.201600096