Coconut Oil for Improving Oral Health
Did you know that coconut oil is the ideal ingredient for rinsing and brushing your teeth, and improving oral health?
Coconut oil is an increasingly popular superfood thanks to its incredible nutritional value. At the topical level, though, more and more uses are constantly being discovered. Today, we want to talk about how you can use coconut oil for improving oral health.
Here, we’ll share a treatment made with coconut oil to help maintain good tooth and gum health. This can help prevent or resolve certain problems like dental infections, cavities, and gingivitis.
Coconut Oil for Improving Oral Health
This oil is an essential food for a balanced diet. Aside from the fact that it’s a fat, this oil is very effective when it comes to losing weight because it speeds up your metabolism.
You should know that it also has lots of topical uses, as well. This oil is an excellent treatment for problems associated with the skin, mouth, hair, and more.
It’s also great for improving oral health thanks to the following therapeutic properties:
- Coconut oil fights dental infections caused by bacteria, thanks to its lauric acid content
- It whitens your dental enamel without damaging it and prevents tarter build up
- This oil can reduce inflammation and bleeding of the gums..
We recommend choosing extra virgin coconut oil for this natural home treatment because it’s the best for alleviating health problems. The oil becomes solid at temperatures below 75ºF but will return to a liquid once it comes in contact with your body heat.
A Treatment for Improving Oral Health
The treatment we propose today is based on two steps. You should be sure to follow it consistently every day to get the best results and maintain good oral health:
- In the morning: rinse or swish.
- At night: brush as you would with your regular toothpaste.
We’ll provide more details below for how to use this single-ingredient home treatment for improving oral health.
Daily rinses or swishing with coconut oil is an ancient technique to improve the health of your mouth and your entire digestive system. While you can choose to use coconut oil for this purpose, we suggest using extra virgin coconut oil thanks to its antibacterial properties.
Rinsing with coconut oil promotes a deep cleanse of the mouth and helps balance your digestive tract. This effectively eliminates bacteria and toxins without altering the delicate pH of your mouth.
You’ll also eliminate tartar, improve your breath, and reduce inflammation of the gums.
Discover: 10 Beauty Benefits of Coconut Oil
How should you do it?
- Before you have breakfast, place one tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil (15 ml) in your mouth. Make sure the oil is the highest quality available.
- Begin to rinse and spread the oil around your entire mouth. Don’t gargle, to prevent this oil from going down your throat.
- Try to rinse for about 20 second. During this time, you’ll notice that the dense texture of the oil becomes lighter and more watered down, which is a good sign.
- Spit out the oil and then brush your teeth thoroughly using your regular toothpaste.
We recommend waiting at least 15 more minutes before breakfast and always start with a glass of water to help eliminate any toxins from the body.
- Repeat this every morning.
2-A natural toothpaste
To keep your mouth healthy and resistant to dental infections, we suggest choosing only natural toothpaste options. This will help you avoid sulfates, fluorine, and other additives that can affect your health and alter the pH of your saliva.
Some effective natural alternatives contain vegetable and essential oils, clay, activated charcoal, and more.
- Always brush your teeth after each main meal.
- To reinforce your regular brushing, replace your toothpaste with coconut oil at least once a day.
Overall, coconut oil can become a complementary natural toothpaste to strengthen the natural defenses of your mouth.